News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Vectrex plus 12 games for sale

Started by Macc, 12:47, 15 April 13

Previous topic - Next topic

Macc

MartinW

Macc

It is sadly, dont want to get rid of it to be honest but needs must!

MartinW

Ah, ok. I'm in the same boat so I'm interested in value on some things :)

ralferoo

Personally, I'd say that's probably up there with the most expensive Vectrex bundles I've ever seen. That said, it does also look like it's been well preserved and loved throughout its life, and so it's probably one of the better collections I've seen too.

That said, if you're only selling it relunctantly, then I guess a high buy-it-now price is ideal - if it sells, you've made good dough, if it doesn't you get to keep a nice toy.

I was looking at getting a Vectrex last year and back then, a bare unit was often as cheap as £60 and maybe double that with 2 games with the overlays, but you could easily pay over £100 for just a unit too. In the end, I decided it was a too expensive a machine to get considering I don't have time to code for all the other machines I already own!

TotO

By chance, I bought mine with 2 sticks, the optical pen and 14 games in box with all manuals and screens filters for 50€.
(OK, 5 years ago) XD
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

Macc

Macc

I forgot to add, if anyone wants it outside of ebay Ill take £250 plus shipping, the extra £25 was to cover fees

beaker

Got to be a way of making a bit more space in here for a Vetrex....  :'(

Gryzor

Ooh I love me Vectrex... the missus likes it too, so it's only one of three machines on permanent display at our house :)

Hope you sell it, pricey as it might be.

(btw, you have total responsibility for the package arriving safe and sound wherever. You can't just put a disclaimer "buy at your own risk", a dispute wouldn't end well for you)

MartinW

I didn't think it fair to comment on the price, or mine, but since everyone else has, I will counter the claims of it being pricey with one of actually, given the box and the poly's (which maybe not everyone has taken into account), it's actually a reasonable package deal. Sure, it's a collectors deal, not just a console and a bunch of games that you might see all the time but all the same...

Personally I'm struggling to value a couple of the bits in my lot. I've got limited, numbered editions of Colour Clash and I, Cyborg. Both modern games from around 2005 - 2006 and trying to work out what they're worth now they're no longer available in their ltd edition form seems pretty difficult!

I hope you make the sale anyway, assuming you really want to :)

Bryce

Colour Clash isn't rare, I have about 50 of them. They're easy to recognise, it says "Spectrum" on the cassette :D

Bryce.

ralferoo

Quote from: MartinW on 20:51, 15 April 13
Personally I'm struggling to value a couple of the bits in my lot. I've got limited, numbered editions of Colour Clash and I, Cyborg. Both modern games from around 2005 - 2006 and trying to work out what they're worth now they're no longer available in their ltd edition form seems pretty difficult!
I don't know about the Vectrex scene particularly, beyond some initial investigations before I decided I didn't have time. But I'd have thought that for a relatively recent retro release, most people who wanted to collect new retro games would have surely bought it already. As with anything, what's it's worth is in many cases the average of the last few sales on ebay.

Macc

Re: The price, its easier if you break it down, take a game with overlay and instructions, average price about £20 each, times that by 12, £240, you're getting the console for a tenner!  Sure I could split the lot but I dont think I could bear to see it disappear bit by bit to be honest.

Bryce

You can't judge a price until it has been sold. If someone's prepared to pay that much for it, then the price obviously isn't too high. Look at that C65 that went for the price of a new car. I doubt anyone would have guessed that price before it had sold.

I've always wanted a Vectrex, it's just so Tron, but unfortunately I don't have the space.

Bryce.

ralferoo

Quote from: Macc on 08:32, 16 April 13
Re: The price, its easier if you break it down...
BTW, as it was me who started off the price discussion, I just want to repeat that I wasn't trying to say the price was too high, just that it seems among the highest prices I've seen for a Vectrex, but equally it's one of the better condition collections I've seen too, and so it's arguably worth it too.

I don't think it's too high. I wouldn't pay that much, but I'm sure someone will and I've seen other collections go for similar. Maybe it won't sell the first time you list it, but eventually, sure. And like I said, if it doesn't, you get to keep it, so it's win-win... :)

Macc

lol, youre right!  Its just that selling this would pretty much cure the financial problem I have at the minute in one go, other than that theres always my complete Grandstand VFD Handheld collection...

Bryce

If your entire financial problems can be solved with 275 quid, then you're in a better position than most of us :D

Bryce.

Macc

lol, I thought it sounded odd when i wrote it!  I meant to say that it will go a good ways to fixing it!

Gryzor

A mate of mine had a complete (COMPLETE! Modern releases too, the carrying case, all the accessories/peripherals...) Vectrex collection, and he had to sell it... he was devastated.

Macc

it sold to Austria in the end