News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu
N

What retro-hardware do you have ?

Started by norecess, 02:31, 12 September 11

Previous topic - Next topic

Metr

So short McKlain! :P

- CPC6128

- Game Boy

- Game Boy Color
- Game Boy Pocket
- NES
- SNES
- N64

- Game Gear
- Master System 2
- Mega Drive
- Dreamcast

'Not-so-retro':
- Playstation
- Playstation 2
- PSP
- NDSi
- Xbox 360

norecess

I'm going to kick all your asses:

- I'm already an owner of a Sega NOMAD (which is like a Game Gear, excepted it can play Genesis games : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sega_Nomad)

- But since last Saturday, I'm also now an owner of a TurboDuo ! Which is a PC-Engine/TurboGraphx from Nec with CD and some additional features... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TurboDuo
Games are really nice, it feels like SuperNES (not technically, but in the mood). And most of games are unique to the console, cf. not licensed somewhere else. There are really good games!

Both of those consoles have only been released in Japan/North America (not in Europe).

McKlain

TurboDuo, the godfather of PS3  ;D

Bryce

I assume you've already started porting those games to the CPC? :D

Bryce.

norecess

Ahaha!

On the TurboDuo, the CPU is 8bits but the graphic chip is 16 bits.

My preferred game to date is that one :
Riot Zone / CREST OF WOLF 狼的紋章 (Turbo Duo, 1993)
It really feels like an arcade game, I mean, the arcade games I used to love to.

And ah, all these sites dealing with reviews... they are good helpers, but should not be taken like a golden list. I mean, Riot Zone is not a game highly acclaimed by TurboDuo owners. And I don't care :P

PS. And please, don't tell me as answer "Street of Rage" blablabla. I love TurboDuo because of its unique licenses ! Not the games that everyone already know! :)

khisanth

• Apple IIe
  • Apple II Europlus
  • Apple IIGs
  • Apple I Replica
  • Macintosh Classic
  • Apple iMac G3
  • Macbook Pro 13" - Intel Core 2 Duo
  • PC - Windows 7 64bit, 12Gb RAM, Core i7 960, Radeon HD 5870, 3Tb storage, 2 x DVD-RW, Asus XONAR DG
  • Commodore 64/64C
  • Commodore 16
  • Commodore Plus4
  • Commodore PET
  • Amiga 500,600
  • Amiga CD32
  • Atari 800
  • Atari ST
  • Atari 2600 "woody", Junior
  • Atari Lynx
  • Amstrad 464, 464+
  • Amstrad 6128
  • Amstrad GX4000
  • Sinclair Spectrum 48K, Plus, 128K, 128 +2, 128 +3
  • Sinclair ZX81, ZX81 kit
  • TRS-80
  • TI-99a
  • Matell Intellivision
  • Matell Aquarius
  • Sega Megadrive
  • Sega Saturn UK and Japanese
  • Sega Dreamcast
  • Sony Playstation
  • Sony Playstaton 2
  • Sony Playstation 3
  • Nintendo SNES
  • Nintendo Gameboy
  • Nintendo Gameboy Advance
  • Nintendo 64
  • Nintendo DS
  • Nintendo Wii
  • Microsoft XBOX
  • Microsoft XBOX 360
  • Colecovision
  • NEC PC Engine
  • NEC Turbo-Grafx 16
  • SAM Coupe
  • Dragon 32
  • Vectrex
  • Toshiba MSX
  • Acorn Electron
  • Acorn Archimedes
  • BBC Micro B
  • Oric Atmos
  • Oric 1
  • GP2x Caanoo
  • Philips CDi
  • Sirius S1
Pretty sure I have forgotten one or two and there are the monitors, peripherals etc

Bryce

I raise my hat to you Sir, that is one fuckin' impressive list. I'm jealous. You must have a bigger space for your Hobby than I do :D

Bryce.

khisanth

Well that takes up most of the attic in the house! And a cupboard and some shelves  ;)

I have 2 or 3 out at any one time and rotate them every so often. Of course my long serving 6128 is always within arms reach!

Got to the point now where I am missing a few atari consoles and very expensive "rare" machines like the  6128+ , X80, Lisa, Enterprise etc.

khisanth

oh I forgot to add my newly acquired fully boxed Atari 65XE ... ;D

redbox

Quote from: khisanth on 20:58, 16 October 11
Got to the point now where I am missing a few atari consoles and very expensive "rare" machines like the  6128+ , X80, Lisa, Enterprise etc.

I'll swap one of my 2 Pluses for your lot.   ;D

khisanth

If we move into a smaller house, I may take you up on that !!

Bryce

@Redbox: Your generosity knows no bounds.

Call me mad, but it was the Acorn Electron that got me drooling :D It was actually a heap of shite, but for some twisted reason I've always wanted one.

Bryce.

SyX

Quote from: Bryce on 21:52, 17 October 11Call me mad, but it was the Acorn Electron that got me drooling :D It was actually a heap of shite, but for some twisted reason I've always wanted one.
So do i!!!  :D I can not explain it, but always i have a weak spot by the Electron. Robcfg has a wonderful specimen in his collection, too :D

TFM

It there anybody out there who has a GenieIIIs (like me)?
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Bryce

Anything that's *New* enough to have had two previous versions is too new for me :D

Bryce.

khisanth

Quote from: SyX on 22:07, 17 October 11
So do i!!!  :D I can not explain it, but always i have a weak spot by the Electron. Robcfg has a wonderful specimen in his collection, too :D

Same here too! Something about the look and feel of it is just really cool. I remember there was an ice lolly called the megabyte in the 80s and it had a competition to win an Electron if you collected enough wrappers to send in. Ate loads to try and win one, but never did :(

talking of the electron, i got a decent boxed one this year with the tape drive, but for the life of me cant find any Electron tape leads/cables. They are impossible to find. The one with a DIN connector on each end.

Bryce

I'm sure the pinout is available somewhere online, just make one.

Bryce.

khisanth

ah just found some for sale with a "google" search whatever that is  :-[

Bryce

That "google" thing seems to be similar to "cat", but for the internet, I've come across it recently too.

Bryce.

ralferoo

If you guys really want an Electon, I might be able to get hold of one as I was offered one just a few weeks ago.

I was told by a friend who's into all things Acorn who told me if I was considering it for programming, that I shouldn't even bother due to the memory contention with all the video modes worth using. He was also in the same town as the person giving it away (and knows him too) and couldn't be bothered...

So, I can see if it's still available, although I might not be visiting the guy with it for another few months now. Also, there's a chance it's just been binned because it was his parents clearing out the loft. The real tragedy is that his 6128 was missing from the loft (he was going to give me it for free!) although apparently there is an MP2 modulator with my name on it... :)

Also khisanth, Maplins sells 5-, 6- and 7-pin DIN plugs, so you should easily be able to knock up a replacement tape lead for your Electron. The pin-out is here: http://www.retrocomputers.eu/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/acorn-pinouts.pdf.There's also at least one website that sells them ready made...

andyt31

Quote from: ralferoo on 13:10, 18 October 11
Also khisanth, Maplins sells 5-, 6- and 7-pin DIN plugs, so you should easily be able to knock up a replacement tape lead for your Electron. The pin-out is here: http://www.retrocomputers.eu/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/acorn-pinouts.pdf. There's also at least one website that sells them ready made...

Incorrect URL - look here instead http://www.retrocomputers.eu/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/acorn-pinouts.pdf

khisanth

ralferoo

Sorry Andy, the link got auto-htmlified without me noticing it'd included the full stop in the url... I've corrected my post now too to avoid any confusion. Thanks for providing the resources in the first place... :)

TFM

Quote from: Bryce on 22:33, 17 October 11
Anything that's *New* enough to have had two previous versions is too new for me :D

Bryce.

IIs = ECB
IIIs = 5 exp sockets on PCB

A III doesn't necesserily mean that there were two versions before. Also the 464 haven't had 463 versions before  :laugh:

The GenieIIIs was released with the CPC, but has two 8MHz Z80 cpus, two pios, two sios, half a mb of ram. text-mode and gfx mode at the SAME time. 512 x 512 resolution. The most powerful Z80 computer ever! was cheap, only 20.000 Mark. I got ity for 500. What apity that you don't know it. This machine is great  :)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

deepfb

The GenieIIIs was released with the CPC, but has two 8MHz Z80 cpus, two pios, two sios, half a mb of ram. text-mode and gfx mode at the SAME time. 512 x 512 resolution. The most powerful Z80 computer ever! was cheap, only 20.000 Mark. I got ity for 500. What apity that you don't know it. This machine is great

I thought you were referring to an Eaca Video Genie III. What kind of Genie III is yours??