News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Worst c64 games ever...

Started by TFM, 03:01, 13 February 14

Previous topic - Next topic

paradroid90

I think it is well acknowledged that Chase HQ is crap on the c64. In fact the only way to play it at a decent speed is to run it under WinVice at 200%  :)

But seriously I like to say that by having many 8 bit systems you can have the best version of each game rather putting all your egg's in one basket.

Since using the Amstrad I can play Star Wars, Empire Strikes Back, Starglider, 3d Starstrike at decent frame rates which are much better versions than the c64.

But then again the 64 was not designed with 3d vectors in mind but its hardware scrolling is second to none (Uridium, Paradroid or Mayhem in Monsterland anyone  ;) )

But just to show I can bash the 64 better than anyone  there were some howlers. Bionic Granny, Krazy Kong, Red Heat, Chase HQ.

But I now embrace all 8 bit machines for their strengths and weaknesses  :D

PS - I will get off my soapbox now lol  ;)
Embrace all 8 Bits :-)

arnoldemu

Well said!
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

paradroid90

Thanks Buddy ....... Off to have another bash on Empire Strikes Back  :D

cpc4eva

worst c64 games - world cup carnival, laser kendo, boing, cops n robbers, jet strike mission, lee enfield tournament of death, robobolt, intergalatic cage match, powerdrift, stun runner,

paradroid90

Quote from: cpc4eva on 13:51, 08 April 14
worst c64 games - world cup carnival, laser kendo, boing, cops n robbers, jet strike mission, lee enfield tournament of death, robobolt, intergalatic cage match, powerdrift, stun runner,

Must admit i have a soft soft for cops and robbers :-)

paradroid90

cpc4eva

Quote from: paradroid90 on 16:21, 08 April 14
Must admit i have a soft soft for cops and robbers :-)

i pretty much hated everything c64 except for speedball 1.  there was a car racing game on c64 that was very poor graphically the cars looked like toothbrushes but for some unknown reason it was quite fun playing against a friend for the honor of being the king of toothbrush racing..... have no idea what it was called ?

Bryce

Are you sure it wasn't really a toothbrush...? Tooth Invaders - C64-Wiki :D

Bryce.

cpc4eva

Quote from: Bryce on 12:34, 09 April 14
Are you sure it wasn't really a toothbrush...? Tooth Invaders - C64-Wiki :D

Bryce.

hahaha no it wasnt tooth invaders gee wiz what a weird game that looks like....... im sure it was a racer type game and the cars looked like tooth brushes ;)

MacDeath

Quoteworst C64 game ever
anyone with greyish brown-shit-stained (non-)colours... oh wait... :laugh: