News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Requesting 3.11 image

Started by Gryzor, 09:43, 23 May 11

Previous topic - Next topic

Gryzor

Hello guys!
I'm trying to play the Bermuda Syndrome, which is a 16-bit windows game. This means it won't run under Windows 7 no matter what, and I need the 3.11 system to try it, possibly under DosBOX. However, I can only find the Spanish version of 3.11 (seems like the Spaniards have a soft spot for it?)
Is there anyone who has the 3.11 disks[nb]I've seen links to (bootable?) iso's, but they're all dead...[/nb], or (much preferably) a ready-built image for VirtualPC or Dosbox?
Thanks!
T

Devilmarkus

I sent you the DL link..
Dont know its bootable but just create a stupid boot disk.
When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

Gryzor

Heck yeah! Installing SVGA drivers as I'm typing this! Thanks lots!!!!!

Devilmarkus

You should install the S3 display drivers.
You'll get them here:
http://vogons.zetafleet.com/viewtopic.php?p=62381#62381
When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

awergh

Quote from: Gryzor on 09:43, 23 May 11
Hello guys!
I'm trying to play the Bermuda Syndrome, which is a 16-bit windows game. This means it won't run under Windows 7 no matter what, and I need the 3.11 system to try it, possibly under DosBOX. However, I can only find the Spanish version of 3.11 (seems like the Spaniards have a soft spot for it?)
Is there anyone who has the 3.11 disks[nb]I've seen links to (bootable?) iso's, but they're all dead...[/nb], or (much preferably) a ready-built image for VirtualPC or Dosbox?
Thanks!
T

Well actually thats not quite true it won't run on the 64bit version of 7 no matter what due to the lack of ntvdm in the 64bit version but it might run on the 32bit version of 7.

While best compatibility is likely with 3.xx you could have easily have used 95/98/NT4 to run it probably.

Gryzor

@Markus: yeah, I already found that page, reeeeally useful!

But it seems it needs a joystick - setting it up is a pain in the arse...

@awergh: yes, you're right in that - running 64x here... Strange thing, I would think that XP 32-bit would run it, but no candy.