General Category > Pages and categories changes

Recent job on the Wiki...

(1/3) > >>

MacDeath:
Okay guys...
I spent the past 2 days on the wiki doing boring job. ???

I just hope it wasn't useless...

Actually I spent a lot of this time on the Pages with no Category...

As I told you, browsing with help of the categories can be kool.

What I tried :
Get "mother categories" : those are the uncategorised categories...(pew...)

Those are for the moment  :

* Category:Amstrad CPC media

* Category:Articles and files for deletion
* Category:CPCWiki template categories
* Category:CPC History
* Category:CPC Plus
* Category:Cpctech.org
* Category:CrossDev
* Category:Definitions
* Category:Emulator
* Category:Hardware
* Category:Non CPC Computers
* Category:PD Library
* Category:Page to delete or rename
* Category:Software
* Category:Stub
* Category:Wiki1: supposed to be Media content oriented : books, pictures, Type ins perhaps, and so on...

2: as it says, quite similar to "13" exept 13 is also in case it could just need a re-name.

3 : didn't looked at thoses yet.

4: CPC history : the peeples, the events, all Amstrad stuff...

5: Because this machine is great and specific.

6 : CPCtech stuffs , as I yet don't know where to put them all...
If you see some of them not in this category, please add them in too.

7: don't know if this is relevant category, should perhaps be a subcategory of others...(like non CPC computers, Programing, Emulator and so on...

8 : Definition : I don't see the use of this at the moment, it has quite few stuffs indeed... where should we put this ? or what should we add into this ?

9 : this one is right as a mother-category.

10: Hardware : this one has a lot of stuff I have to clean it... the peripheral subcategory is more suitable to house all those specific pages, yet of course a few pages are to remains with this category. for the rest, it should only serve as a general browsing stuff... I will try to do that on of these days...

11 : the "off topic" machines actually... Yeah I put the clones and the PLUS too, because why not... those are not exactly "Amstrad CPC" and thois category has not that much stuff.

12 : PD library : I suppose this is public Domain ? I don't really know how does it Work nor what it is... this should find a place at "Amstrad CPC Media" and other stuffs...

13 : as said at "2" : to delete or rename. Would be great if someone able to delete page check these categories sometimes...

14 : Software is a generic aspect with all the coding, programmings, applications and languages and so on. It is quite well sorted for the moment...

15 :stub : because it may be needed...

16 : I found a few pages with no other purpose than to discuss about the Wiki...
I think it dates back from the day the Wiki had no Forum perhaps...
So I created this category for utility purpose...
This may be quite similar to "3" (templates categories) and I think "3" should be a subcategory of the category:Wiki...

http://www.cpcwiki.eu/index.php/Category:External_link_templates

What's that ? why so many games inside this category ? This may need a clean up or was it on purpose ?

redbox:
Looking really good, great job MacDeath.  :)

Only one thing (and it sounds a bit pedantic maybe) but the Plus is not the 'CPC Plus'... this is what it's commonly referred to, but they are just the Amstrad (464 or 6128) Plus.  Should we try and keep this consistent? 

I did it with the Plus Demos as I was try to re-organise a little, such as linking to the category rather than having a bit list on the root Plus page.

MacDeath:
I know I knwo...
Should be "Amstrad Plus" instead...

Well the "CPC Plus" category already existed... I didn't created it as far as I remember...

And it's a real pain in the ass to change the name of a category or even page... when it already has a lot of "links".

You have te recreate the page/category, and relink manually every stuff....

This can really be quite a hard process, I did it and getting more than 500 stuff to change is somewhat.... ??? :'(

So I'm gonna calm it a bit...

But if some tool exist to do it with only one click I would be quite happy to oblige...

The only thing I'll ask : check the existing categories and use them wisely...

redbox:

--- Quote from: MacDeath on 13:21, 18 December 10 ---And it's a real pain in the ass to change the name of a category or even page... when it already has a lot of "links".

--- End quote ---

Maybe Gryzor can do this?

PhilZeVibe:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version