News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

[cpctelera]Bit Arrays

Started by EgoTrip, 23:51, 24 February 16

Previous topic - Next topic

SpDizzy

First of all, sorry for reopen this thread after so much time guys  :picard:

I was testing with the code from @SRS and profe @ronaldo to compress and exomize a .rel file from /obj folder after project compilation with 'make' command.

Everything works perfectly, and a .txt file is obtained with level data.

So here are the questions...

1/ ¿Where to go form here? I mean, how to convert this 'level.txt' into 'level.c' and 'level.h' and unexomize data on the fly?

2/ I understand is necessary after level compression and exomization, to re compile project with new compressed 'level.c' and 'level.h' something like > 'make clean' > 'make cleanall' > 'make', am I correct?

3/ Does @Arnaud approach work the same way? It seems to require a 'level.bin' file, automatically converted in 'level.c' and 'level.h' after compilation.

Once again sorry for the delayed comment, please feel free to delete it if it's not appropiate.

Arnaud

Quote from: SpDizzy on 10:47, 14 July 18
1/ ¿Where to go form here? I mean, how to convert this 'level.txt' into 'level.c' and 'level.h' and unexomize data on the fly?
Exactly, rename level.txt into level.h. include it into your code and deflate the array of compressed data to free memory area

Quote from: SpDizzy on 10:47, 14 July 182/ I understand is necessary after level compression and exomization, to re compile project with new compressed 'level.c' and 'level.h' something like > 'make clean' > 'make cleanall' > 'make', am I correct?
Yes, because new source files are generated and need to be compiled to make an executable

Quote from: SpDizzy on 10:47, 14 July 183/ Does @Arnaud approach work the same way? It seems to require a 'level.bin' file, automatically converted in 'level.c' and 'level.h' after compilation.
Yes this the same way, the automatic convertion of cpctelera bin to c is used, that all.

Quote from: SpDizzy on 10:47, 14 July 18Once again sorry for the delayed comment, please feel free to delete it if it's not appropiate.
No worry of that  ;D
And a new cpcretrodev contest is a good time to code.

SpDizzy

Thanks so much for your quick response and amazing support @Arnaud , it works like a charm!!
All clear now for me, it's a complete joy to have all the questions solved in no time by authentic professionals.
Making an amstrad videogame was allways my dream since my first micro (cpc 464) arrived on home 30 years ago, but I think I need to improve my coding skills a bit more to get it.
Obviously @ronaldo has the key for success on cpcretrodev contest: "Programad insensatos!"  ;D

Arnaud

Quote from: SpDizzy on 17:03, 16 July 18
Thanks so much for your quick response and amazing support @Arnaud , it works like a charm!!
All clear now for me, it's a complete joy to have all the questions solved in no time by authentic professionals.
Making an amstrad videogame was allways my dream since my first micro (cpc 464) arrived on home 30 years ago, but I think I need to improve my coding skills a bit more to get it.
Obviously @ronaldo has the key for success on cpcretrodev contest: "Programad insensatos!"  ;D
Thanks  ;)
You should try to make an "easy" (nothing is really easy with coding) game, you'll find all support needed here with forum members.

EgoTrip

Quote from: SpDizzy on 17:03, 16 July 18
If you are converting a lot of things, I shared my batch file to make it a lot easier.
http://www.cpcwiki.eu/forum/programming/exomizer-batch-script/msg132692/#msg132692

SpDizzy

Quote from: EgoTrip on 12:00, 18 July 18
If you are converting a lot of things, I shared my batch file to make it a lot easier.
http://www.cpcwiki.eu/forum/programming/exomizer-batch-script/msg132692/#msg132692
Oh, thanks so much @EgoTrip , I hope you could finish your project  ;)