News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Cataclysm

Started by Ynot.zer0, 22:48, 05 April 10

Previous topic - Next topic

Ynot.zer0

I just found some source code and a Cataclysm.DSK - demonstrating a sideways scroller for a game.

Does anyone know who was the author?  I'm looking to get more info on how the demo source morphed into the end result that is on the DSK.

I can supply the DSK and SRC if anyone wants to check to see if it was their code  ;D

Gryzor

You just 'found'? Where? :D

Ynot.zer0

...on and old USB HDD  ;D   (I got another laptop and am in the process of porting files from the old machine to the new)

The files were dated June/July 2009 - so it should be recent memory

arnoldemu

Quote from: ynot.zer0 on 11:23, 06 April 10
...on and old USB HDD  ;D   (I got another laptop and am in the process of porting files from the old machine to the new)

The files were dated June/July 2009 - so it should be recent memory
I don't remember that far back ;)

I don't think it's my code. But please send me a link via pm.
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

Axelay

It sounds like you mean this:

http://cpcwiki.eu/forum/index.php/topic,228.0.html

My experiment with scrolling with register 3.  I've since aquired an MP-1 and a scart cable and found the colour is lost using &85/&86 on both the MP-1 and on the only scart display I have, an old commodore 1084 monitor.  So I'm not sure I'll ever use register 3 scrolling for anything at this point.

Ynot.zer0

Hi,  yes, that's the one!  okay, taking your comment on board about register 3, I'll keep the source-code in an archive folder; but will be interested if anyone else has done this or a created a horizontal scroller (with .asm source available, [so I can learn])