News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

CPChessNet [developing]

Started by Joseman, 00:36, 03 March 18

Previous topic - Next topic

Joseman

Quote from: Duke on 20:35, 22 March 18
Cool, congrats on the release.  Look forward to try it.

Now someone pm with their IP if they want to play a game over the inet :)

are you good at chess?  ;D

Duke

Joseman

Quote from: Duke on 20:40, 22 March 18
Decent, I guess :)

then i will lost, i'm only know how to move pieces (and how to program it)  :laugh:

Joseman

Quote from: Joseman on 20:42, 22 March 18
then i will lost, i'm only know how to move pieces (and how to program it)  :laugh:

also i'm taking a drink to celebrate the release, and this doesnt help!

villain

Quote from: Joseman on 20:42, 22 March 18

Then your next board game port could be Ludo/Mensch ärgere Dich nicht.

XeNoMoRPH

donwloading .. thx for this online game  :o
your amstrad news source in spanish language : https://auamstrad.es

Joseman

it 's working on internet!!

duke and me are playing a game right now!

Duke

Thanks @Joseman for a good game :)

PS: the tower loss was trap (ho ho, well almost).

zhulien

I wonder if you'd be interested in putting support for 8bitology.net into it?  This includes lobby and achievements (can be number of wins by person, by country, by anything)...

The server parts of 8bitology.net are up and running. (I'm hoping Prodatron will adopt it soon too within Symbos). Only parts of the 8bitology.net GUI are not done, but they aren't required for in-game... only for web, and 8bml.

Takis Kalatzis

Hi, I would also like to check this fabulous program! It would be a child dream's come true.

I have started the server, if anyone is available please PM me to send the IP address.

Thanks,

Takis

Joseman

Hi

just enter to say that there is a big bug in CPChessNET 1.0.b

if you have a chat window open and the other cpc send the move, the move get lost, because in the chat window there isn't any comprobation if a message is received!

happen to Duke and I the other day, we were chatting for  15 minutes thinking that the other didn't do the move  :laugh:

i'm fixing it

Meanwhile, don't chat a lot!!

Joseman

@Duke

it's safe to use #FF as a byte signal, or the m4 on any error, or on any situation fills the buffer with #FF (or maybe other bytes?)

Duke

Quote from: Joseman on 21:34, 23 March 18
@Duke

it's safe to use #FF as a byte signal, or the m4 on any error, or on any situation fills the buffer with #FF (or maybe other bytes?)
Sure, you can use any value you want. It wont fill the buffer FF's unless its receiving them,

Joseman

Quote from: Duke on 21:45, 23 March 18
Sure, you can use any value you want. It wont fill the buffer FF's unless its receiving them,
is there any possibilty of corrupted data being received if a packet gets corrupted on its way trought internet?

Enviado desde mi GT-N7100 mediante Tapatalk

Joseman

Hi @Duke

why if i still call wait_send: until i have a message i'm sending the board, the M4 just hangs after 10-15 calls to wait_send?

when i wait for a board confirmation, if the other cpc has a chat open, it will not send a message to the cpc that is on wait_send bucle, then the cpc that it is in bucle, just  hangs M4 on wait_send

Duke

Quote from: Joseman on 17:49, 24 March 18
why if i still call wait_send: until i have a message i'm sending the board, the M4 just hangs after 10-15 calls to wait_send?

when i wait for a board confirmation, if the other cpc has a chat open, it will not send a message to the cpc that is on wait_send bucle, then the cpc that it is in bucle, just  hangs M4 on wait_send
It should not.
Anyway best practice is to put wait_send before sending, this way you are wasting less cpu time for the actual send.

Kris

Congrats for this amazing game: next game should a LAP or similar game like we use to play during meeting :)

Joseman

Hi

CPChessNET 1.3b uploaded!!

fix:
*added board received check, no more boards lost on the infinite internet
*added chat byte ID, no more rubbish on the chat if someting goes wrong sending chat lines.

features added:
*added sound for move recived, you don't have to check for pal moves looking at the screen, just hear the sound!.
*the chat scan is less precise, so no repat letters are printed.
*added some chars for chat: ?, &, ! are now avaliable on cursors when chat is open.

as i can't prevent the M4 to hang when i do a bucle for receive a message, i added a timer, you have 20 minutes to have the window chat open and send a message. I don' think that anybody is going to spent 20 minutes to send a line chat!!, but if you do, the m4 willl hang! take care of this!

If a chat message is send or received between a board send, the board has priority, the line chats are omitted.

Please update to 1.3b and use the same version on client/server!!

Takis Kalatzis

Hi, if anyone is interested in a quick game of chess using latest Joseman's version 1.3b, please PM me.

Thanks,

Takis

Joseman

Quote from: Takis Kalatzis on 11:06, 25 March 18
Hi, if anyone is interested in a quick game of chess using latest Joseman's version 1.3b, please PM me.

Thanks,

Takis

if you want an easy game, i'm here :)

Joseman

Good one @Takis Kalatzis !!!

and another game that i lost!

the board now is 100% safe to reach the other cpc and this is the most important.

the chat... mmmm i'll think more on it...

take in mind that there is still not check for connection losts!

if a cpc is turn off or lost the connection the other cpc will wait forever for the board!  :laugh:

@Duke what do you think is the timing to wait and realize that the connection is lost?

blackdalek

Should there be a dedicated IRC channel for people to meet on in order to arrange games? Maybe on FEFnet or Freenode or something?
CPC6128 modded with ABBA switch. External 5.25" floppy drive with side switch and Multiface 2. Now also sporting a joystick splitter and M4 WiFi board.

Joseman

Quote from: blackdalek on 12:35, 25 March 18
Should there be a dedicated IRC channel for people to meet on in order to arrange games? Maybe on FEFnet or Freenode or something?

or a thread here, the vast number of cpc users are here!  :laugh:

or maybe twitter?

there is a channel on irc that i connected sometime ago from symbos and his irc client too...

blackdalek

I just thought meeting through an IRC channel could be done more in real time, rather than posting a forum message then waiting for someone to read it (which could potentially happen days later). Having that "live chat" aspect of IRC means you can instantly (usually) see if anyone else is available for a game at that same time.... well, it worked for scrabble players  :-\
CPC6128 modded with ABBA switch. External 5.25" floppy drive with side switch and Multiface 2. Now also sporting a joystick splitter and M4 WiFi board.

Joseman

Quote from: blackdalek on 12:46, 25 March 18
I just thought meeting through an IRC channel could be done more in real time, rather than posting a forum message then waiting for someone to read it (which could potentially happen days later). Having that "live chat" aspect of IRC means you can instantly (usually) see if anyone else is available for a game at that same time.... well, it worked for scrabble players  :-\

trust me that on twitter the people is reading constantly (even at work)  :laugh:

if not, the problem will be the same on IRC, if people is at job or not in home the problem is the same!