Author Topic: CPChessNet [developing]  (Read 13797 times)

Offline blackdalek

• Supporter
  • CPC6128
  • Fraser
  • Liked: 98
  • Likes Given: 292
Re: CPChessNet [developing]
« Reply #100 on: 17:20, 26 March 18 »
So.... I've recently rediscovered #cpc channel on freenode IRC servers.
If anyone want to try CPChess with me I could be hanging out in there waiting. Or alternatively message me on the forum so we can arrange a time.

@Joseman will there be an english language  version of the interface forthcoming at a later date?

I should also mention, I am terrible at chess and haven't played in at least 20 years ;)

CPC6128 modded with ABBA switch. External 5.25" floppy drive with side switch and Multiface 2. Now also sporting a joystick splitter and M4 WiFi board.

Offline Joseman

• 6128 Plus
  • Liked: 675
  • Likes Given: 488
« Reply #101 on: 21:12, 26 March 18 »
ok!

time for 1.6b version!!

*this version has HUGE improvements in the chat code, no more chats lost in favour of a board move, first i do the move, next i see if any message is pending to receive or send. This was really hard to make it work!! I hope there is no problems! Only it can lost a message if a board is send and casually the chat message is lost on any packet on internet, but i suposse is difficult that happens.

*Little sound for the chat receive message, same as board move, you don't have to stay looking at the screen waiting for a move or chat.

*Now you can chat in the end screen, you can laugh at the loser or arrange another game!

KNOW PROBLEM:

*if a chat window is open when the end game ID is sent the end game ID gets lost (same as happenned with the board move on 1.0b version), this is for the same reason, no end game ID confirm is send back... No big problem at all... one side will display the end screen, the other simply will can't do anything because the king is on checkmate, the code will not allow to do anything on this situation, only to chat, and this is almost the same you can do on the end screen!.

*if the program has to check if any message is pending on the other side when it needs to send the board, then it will enter a bucle (that prevents the m4 to hang), it will delay 3-5 seconds...no big deal...

***as there is a lot of internal changes it can be some bug that didn't exist before**

play all you can!!

« Last Edit: 21:19, 26 March 18 by Joseman »

Offline Joseman

• 6128 Plus
« Reply #102 on: 00:43, 27 March 18 »
@Joseman will there be an english language  version of the interface forthcoming at a later date?

Yes, but i need to know that the program is almost 100% bug free before induce potential bugs on the char arrays changing the language!

anyway: cursor keys to move cursor, space to select/move. T for chat, enter to send chat. that's all

Offline Joseman

• 6128 Plus
« Reply #103 on: 02:45, 28 March 18 »
Hi!

version 1.7b ready to download!!

*English language added!

of course different languages can play together!

As English is not my mother tongue, please let me know any spelling, grammatical errors or bad translation!

Offline Emu

• CPC664
    • CPCemu
  • Liked: 57
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #104 on: 22:49, 05 April 21 »
@Joseman : I stumbled across CPCchessNet via the M4 board documentation. I like it very much. Its complete appearance is highly professional, even beautiful, I think. And of course, it works. Thank you for providing it!

Are you interested in a German translation? I offer to translate the texts if you send the English version of them to me in a file.

Offline Joseman

• 6128 Plus
« Reply #105 on: 03:00, 12 April 21 »
@Joseman : I stumbled across CPCchessNet via the M4 board documentation. I like it very much. Its complete appearance is highly professional, even beautiful, I think. And of course, it works. Thank you for providing it!

Are you interested in a German translation? I offer to translate the texts if you send the English version of them to me in a file.
Hi
Thanks for the compliments  :)
The appearance is far from professional. The pieces are copied from Colossus Chess, and the texts are a simple font with that simple frames.
And it doesn't work always!! on local LAN it works without problem, but, on internet, if a packet is lost, the program waits forever for it... I never managed to fix that problem... If you chat a lot, you'll see the problem...
send me a mail to sjoseman@hotmail.com and i'll send you the text files
Regards

Offline zhulien

• 6128 Plus
  • aka Vorax
    • 8bitology
  • Liked: 319
  • Likes Given: 340
« Reply #106 on: 22:35, 20 April 21 »
I have created most of a lobby system which I was hoping there would be some interest in it needs a first game... it also supports chat (email like).  Did you create a lobby yet? I also have achievement and leaderboards. At 8bitology.net

Offline Joseman

• 6128 Plus
« Reply #107 on: 13:33, 28 April 21 »
No, the game has a little chat integrated (that is the source of the problems with the packets lost), i ended tired of trying to fix that and the game is as is on the final version. On local lan never fails but on internet... well, the game can end stuck on a packet lost.