News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

#CPCtelera 1.4.2. release

Started by ronaldo, 11:59, 11 May 15

Previous topic - Next topic

EgoTrip

TommyGun doesn't support CPCtelera and I could never get the hang of it anyway.

dragon

mmmm. :picard2:

== 1: CPCtelera initial tests
===============================================================
> Checking directory structure... [ OK ]
> Checking important files....... [ OK ]
> Checking required commands...
>>> Looking for 'gcc'... [ OK ]
>>> Looking for 'g++'... [ OK ]
>>> Looking for 'make'... [ OK ]
>>> Looking for 'bison'... [ OK ]
>>> Looking for 'flex'... [ OK ]
> Checking required libraries...
>>> Looking for 'boost/graph/adjacency_list.hpp'... [ OK ]
>>> Looking for 'libintl.h'... [ OK ]
Everything seems to be OK.

== 2: Building CPCtelera tools, z80 library and examples
> Proceeding to build required tools to build and manage CPCtelera and other sof                            tware for Amstrad CPC (This might take a while, depending on your system):
>>> Building compilation tools:                                     100% [ OK ]
>>> Building cpctelera z80 lib:                                     100% [ OK ]
> Bulding procedure finished.
> CPCtelera's tools and library are now ready to be used on your system.

>>> Building cpctelera examples:                                    30%

#########################
## UNRECOVERABLE ERROR ##
#########################
##> There was an error building CPCtelera examples. Please, check '/home/dreams/                            cpctelera-1.2.3/cpctelera/logs/examples_building.log' for details. Aborting.

Yuppi!! I crash it without write one line.

Probare en otro directorio fuera de home, a ver si cae la breva.

EgoTrip

@dragon did you sort your problem? I ran into the same issue, and it turns out it was my antivirus causing problems. Disable it before you install, but afer that you won't need to disable it again.

ervin

I'm getting similar problems with the latest version of cpctelera (master branch).
Any attempt at compiling even a simple main.c fails.

I've reverted to the previous version, and things are working again.

Arnaud

On my PC with Windows 10 x64 i have to use Cygwin 32bits running in administrator in order to install cpctelera.

If you have a previous version of cpctelera installed you have to set manually the new path in your .bash_profile.
The file is not updated by the setup and keep previous path of cpctelera.

ronaldo

Quote from: dragon on 15:25, 10 November 15

Yuppi!! I crash it without write one line.

Probare en otro directorio fuera de home, a ver si cae la breva.
@dragon: The problem seems to be something not letting SDCC write files to disc. I've seen this happen many times on Windows with antivirus software. Most of the problems people have on Windows are caused by this type of software, which is interfering with Cygwin and SDCC.

@Arnaud: have you checked this? If not, please try doing a clean install of Cygwin64 and CPCtelera with antiviruses and other similar software disabled.

Arnaud

@ronaldo: I have just installed Cygwin x64 and cpctelera 1.3 (on W10x64 updated) to make test as you asked :
- I installed directly cpctelera -> KO
- I deactivated my Windows Defender (i have not other antivirus) -> KO
- I also tried in administration mode with Windows Defender deactivated -> KO

-> i have exactly the same problem in all cases, when building examples it always crashes at 30%  :doh:

ronaldo

@Arnaud: Could you please attach me the .log file?

There is a list of software that is known to interfere with Cygwin. Have a look at it to see if any of this software is causing this problem.

Does the same happen with CPCtelera 1.3?

Arnaud

Quote from: ronaldo on 22:48, 16 November 15
It was Cpctelera 1.3 (typo error)

There is a list of software that is known to interfere with Cygwin. Have a look at it to see if any of this software is causing this problem.
Well, the only thing i see is : NVIDIA GeForce (some versions)

Of course.

ervin

Hi Ronaldo.

Welcome back! Sounds like you've been really busy!
I know the feeling...

I'm also getting failed compilations on the latest cpctelera master branch.
When I go back to the previous version, compilation works fine.
(I'm using Cygwin on windows 7).
I'll try messing with my antivirus, and a few other things, tonight.

[EDIT] I sent an email to cpctelera@cheesetea.com a few days ago, and in that email I included a screenshot of the build failure during setup.sh, as well as the command-line text I get when I try to compile, and also examples_building.log and my global_main_makefile.mk.
:)

arnoldemu

I installed cpctelera on windows 10 without 1 single problem :)

First I installed cygwin and the packages mentioned on the website.
then cpctelera itself.

All was good :)

I am using windows 10 with windows defender.
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

cpcitor

Hello all,

Been very busy this year. I'm happy to see that cpc-dev-tool-chain: a portable toolchain for C/ASM development targetting CPC. got forked into something much more complete.

I'm eager to have some time to try it.  By the way, the motivation for cpc-dev-tool-chain was dragged by another project: a game that typically needs the kind of primitives provided by cpctelera (e.g. regain features lost when disabling firmware).

I'm wondering if cpctelera managed to keep the nice "lean" property that was present cpc-dev-tool-chain C ease of use without bloat. -> Ability to get a Amstrad CPC executable binary file that does something more than a hello world and still counts in hundreds of bytes, not even a kbyte. In the case of the link above, 203 bytes are enough to draw a pattern on the screen from a simple, clean and readable C source file (included in referenced post).
Had a CPC since 1985, currently software dev professional, including embedded systems.

I made in 2013 the first CPC cross-dev environment that auto-installs C compiler and tools: cpc-dev-tool-chain: a portable toolchain for C/ASM development targetting CPC, later forked into CPCTelera.

Arnaud

ronaldo

Quote from: cpcitor on 12:36, 17 November 15
I'm wondering if cpctelera managed to keep the nice "lean" property that was present cpc-dev-tool-chain C ease of use without bloat. -> Ability to get a Amstrad CPC executable binary file that does something more than a hello world and still counts in hundreds of bytes, not even a kbyte. In the case of the link above, 203 bytes are enough to draw a pattern on the screen from a simple, clean and readable C source file (included in referenced post).
Technically, CPCtelera doesn't impose any kind of cost to your programs. You can create programs in C or ASM, and you can use the low-level library or your own code. So, you are not limited in any sense: you may create programs that call firmware to save space, same as you are able to do with cpc-dev-tool-chain.

The low-level library is still in an early stage of development, but provides many useful things. You may print strings using ROM characters, not requiring an own font. For instance, printing "Welcome to CPCtelera!" takes 245 bytes (including the string, the drawString low-level code from the library and the code for the main program).

I also followed your advise and functions are isolated in individual assembly files to let SDCC link only those required :).

ronaldo

Quote from: ervin on 23:30, 16 November 15
I sent an email to cpctelera@cheesetea.com a few days ago, and in that email I included a screenshot of the build failure during setup.sh, as well as the command-line text I get when I try to compile, and also examples_building.log and my global_main_makefile.mk.
:)
Hi again @ervin :) .

I received your mail. I'm still reordering everything, as being more than 2 weeks absorved has left me a pile of todo things. As soon as I regain some time to continue with CPCtelera, I'll have a look at it.

Thank you for reporting! :D

ronaldo

Quote from: Arnaud on 22:54, 16 November 15
It was Cpctelera 1.3 (typo error)
Well, the only thing i see is : NVIDIA GeForce (some versions)
Of course.
I've seen your logs, an the folder is cpctelera-1.2.3. Were you installing over previous version?

Arnaud

Here the right log for cpctelera 1.3, in admin mode with Windows Defender Disabled.

Quote from: ronaldo on 21:32, 18 November 15
Were you installing over previous version?

It's a new installation of cygwinx64, there are not previous version of Cpctelera.

ronaldo

Could you please run these commands manually and tell me what they say?

cd /home/ArnaudPC/cpctelera-1.3/examples/advanced/bouncingLogo
make

cd /home/ArnaudPC/cpctelera-1.3/examples/advanced/animation
ls
mkdir obj
/home/ArnaudPC/cpctelera-1.3/cpctelera/tools/sdcc-3.5.0/bin/sdcc -I/home/ArnaudPC/cpctelera-1.3/cpctelera/src -mz80  -c  src/main.c -o  obj/main.rel

Arnaud

Quote from: ronaldo on 22:10, 18 November 15
Could you please run these commands manually and tell me what they say?

cd /home/ArnaudPC/cpctelera-1.3/examples/advanced/bouncingLogo
make

$ cd /home/ArnaudPC/cpctelera-1.3/examples/advanced/bouncingLogo

ArnaudPC@ArnaudPC ~/cpctelera-1.3/examples/advanced/bouncingLogo
$ make
/home/ArnaudPC/cpctelera-1.3/cpctelera/tools/sdcc-3.5.0/bin/sdcc -I/home/ArnaudPC/cpctelera-1.3/cpctelera/src -mz80  -c  src/main.c -o  obj/main.rel
/home/ArnaudPC/cpctelera-1.3/cpctelera//cfg/global_main_makefile.mk:39 : la recette pour la cible « obj/main.rel » a échouée
make: *** [obj/main.rel] Erreur 127

Quote from: ronaldo on 22:10, 18 November 15

cd /home/ArnaudPC/cpctelera-1.3/examples/advanced/animation
ls
mkdir obj

No error message but obj directory is empty (only directory "entities" empty -> obj/entities)

ronaldo

That's very bad. Seems the same behaviour as with some antiviruses: they automatically delete generated objects.

Try this:

/home/ArnaudPC/cpctelera-1.3/cpctelera/tools/sdcc-3.5.0/bin/sdcc

Does it output SDCC's help?

Arnaud

Quote from: ronaldo on 22:39, 18 November 15
That's very bad. Seems the same behaviour as with some antiviruses: they automatically delete generated objects.

I have opened the obj directory in explorer in same time as the sdcc generation launched, and i have not see any files appeared

Quote from: ronaldo on 22:39, 18 November 15
Try this:

/home/ArnaudPC/cpctelera-1.3/cpctelera/tools/sdcc-3.5.0/bin/sdcc

Does it output SDCC's help?

Strange it do nothing.
I also try to enter directory tools/sdcc-3.5.0/bin and enter ./sdcc.exe -> nothing

On my cpctelera on cygwin32 i have the help displayed.

ronaldo

I saw this behaviour happen on another Win10 machine some time ago. It happened with some tools, but not with SDCC. When manually calling the compiler, tools got compiled and worked flawlessly. However, when make was used to compile the tools, the final binaries did the same: output nothing.

It's horribly extrange, and I guess it may be related to some Windows-Cygwin stuff. I sincerely have no clue on what may cause such behaviour. It's not related to CPCtelera, and I might not be able to find and solve it. It may be a task for Cygwin developers.

ronaldo

@Arnaud:  Could you please try these commands?

cd /home/ArnaudPC/cpctelera-1.3/cpctelera/tools/sdcc-3.5.0/
make cleanall && make
cd /home/ArnaudPC/cpctelera-1.3/examples/
make cleanall && make

ronaldo

Could you please look into the C:\cygwin64\bin directory and check for files with the pattern "cygwin1.dll*"? Could you please tell me which ones are there?