News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Definitive comparison between SDCC and z88dk...

Started by Mochilote, 23:40, 24 May 12

Previous topic - Next topic

Mochilote

Hi, i have prepared a comparison of the two compilers which I think is interesting:

SDCC vs z88dk: Comparing size and speed of the binaries generated for Amstrad CPC

Regards.

arnoldemu

Quote from: Mochilote on 23:40, 24 May 12
Hi, i have prepared a comparison of the two compilers which I think is interesting:

SDCC vs z88dk: Comparing size and speed of the binaries generated for Amstrad CPC

Regards.
nice comparison.

btw blue angel 69 used z88dk and interrupts ;)
but if I use c again I will use sdcc.
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

Mochilote

Quote from: arnoldemu on 09:02, 25 May 12
btw blue angel 69 used z88dk and interrupts ;)

I do not say that interruptions do not work, I say they are disabled by default and therefore can not use certain things, like KL TIME PLEASE and also works differently in different versions of z88dk.
I had a interesting conversation with z88dk developers on this issue, take a look at this post: http://www.z88dk.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=4855

regards.

arnoldemu

Quote from: Mochilote on 09:15, 25 May 12

I do not say that interruptions do not work, I say they are disabled by default and therefore can not use certain things, like KL TIME PLEASE and also works differently in different versions of z88dk.
I had a interesting conversation with z88dk developers on this issue, take a look at this post: http://www.z88dk.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=4855

regards.
ok sorry I was confused about this.
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

Mochilote

Quote from: arnoldemu on 14:02, 25 May 12
ok sorry I was confused about this.

Do not worry, I modified the paragraph as it was not well understood (by several people):

• Interrupts are always disabled in z88dk when starting our program, causing some firmware features may not work correctly as KL TIME PLEASE (BD0D), This bug has already been notified and accepted by the z88dk development team and behaves differently in version 1.8, 1.9 and the current betas.

Optimus

That was very interesting!

I was thinking about testing other C compilers so that maybe they performed better than SDCC and I wasn't aware. But now I know that SDCC is definitely the best choice and I don't need to try z88dk or others yet (except if they are improved dramatically in the future).

Thanks for the comparisons!