News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Kitsune's Curse source code

Started by reidrac, 13:31, 05 November 23

Previous topic - Next topic

reidrac

Hi!

I have released the source code of Kitsune's Curse: https://git.usebox.net/kitsunes-curse/about/

A bit like I did with The Return of Traxtor. The code is provided "as-is" with no support.

The main difference is that the code is "current": it uses a good engine that could be used to make new games.

More info on this blog post: https://www.usebox.net/jjm/blog/kitsune-s-curse-is-open-source/

And of course the game is still here: https://www.usebox.net/jjm/kitsunes-curse/ (and I believe you can still get a copy on PolyPlay)

The README.md comes with some information, and the code is readable (I hope!).

Enjoy!
Released The Return of Traxtor, Golden Tail, Magica, The Dawn of Kernel, Kitsune`s Curse, Brick Rick and Hyperdrive for the CPC.

If you like my games and want to show some appreciation, you can always buy me a coffee.

SpDizzy

Thanks so much Juan as always. You make great games, show great dedication with your video code sessions, and generosity with another source code release. Of course, I'm one of those persons who had learned a lot from others sources, yours included, and I hope there will be one day in which I will join that club with my own release. All my respect and reverence ;)

dodogildo

@reidrac will there be a CPC version of the Rescuing Orc ??  Big fan btw!
 :)
M'enfin!

reidrac

Quote from: SpDizzy on 18:06, 07 November 23Thanks so much Juan as always. You make great games, show great dedication with your video code sessions, and generosity with another source code release. Of course, I'm one of those persons who had learned a lot from others sources, yours included, and I hope there will be one day in which I will join that club with my own release. All my respect and reverence ;)

Thank you for your kind words!

I'm planning something for the CPC that may end in a game. Stay tuned! :)
Released The Return of Traxtor, Golden Tail, Magica, The Dawn of Kernel, Kitsune`s Curse, Brick Rick and Hyperdrive for the CPC.

If you like my games and want to show some appreciation, you can always buy me a coffee.

reidrac

Quote from: dodogildo on 18:24, 07 November 23@reidrac will there be a CPC version of the Rescuing Orc ??  Big fan btw!
 :)

Thank you! Rescuing Orc is a flawed game in many ways and, even if there's still a chance of a sequel for the C64, I don't plan porting it to any other system.

Likewise, I don't plan porting any of my CPC exclusives ;)

dodogildo

M'enfin!

SpDizzy

Quote from: reidrac on 19:13, 07 November 23
Quote from: SpDizzy on 18:06, 07 November 23Thanks so much Juan as always. You make great games, show great dedication with your video code sessions, and generosity with another source code release. Of course, I'm one of those persons who had learned a lot from others sources, yours included, and I hope there will be one day in which I will join that club with my own release. All my respect and reverence ;)

Thank you for your kind words!

I'm planning something for the CPC that may end in a game. Stay tuned! :)
Ohhh great news!! Looking forward for it ;D