News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Easy 6502 programming website

Started by ced64k, 09:39, 07 February 13

Previous topic - Next topic

ced64k

Here's a modern website to learn 6502 assembly programming. The website is little bit like codecademy.com, you can assemble and run the code directly in the page.

Easy 6502 by skilldrick

Who will create the same for Z80 ? :)

AMSDOS

* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3

arnoldemu

Quote from: ced64k on 09:39, 07 February 13
Here's a modern website to learn 6502 assembly programming. The website is little bit like codecademy.com, you can assemble and run the code directly in the page.

Easy 6502 by skilldrick

Who will create the same for Z80 ? :)
When I scroll the screen using the mouse, the bullets on the left side also move. But, that is a minor problem. The website is definitely professional looking. I didn't read it much, other than to view the 6502 instructions in the terminator image  :laugh:
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

Bryce

What browser are you using? With FireFox the bullets stay were they should. Nice site too :)

Bryce.

arnoldemu

Quote from: Bryce on 10:59, 07 February 13
What browser are you using? With FireFox the bullets stay were they should. Nice site too :)

Bryce.
I was using Konquerer for a change.
True it doesn't do it with firefox.
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

AMSDOS

Quote from: ced64k on 10:48, 07 February 13
I said modern website  :D

There's a special App which turns those instructions into workable programs.  :laugh:

Your Computer Programs

Xifos

Interesting, but i disagree with some comments at the up of the page like : "nobody ever called x86 fun".
I did call x86fun (years ago), same fun as i can have with z80, or with 68000...
:P

Optimus

Wow, great idea!
Yes, a little z80 equivalent would be awesome!
I mean not a complete CPC emul, just Z80 and some virtual machine with primitive pixel ram like that.

Sykobee (Briggsy)

Quote from: Optimus on 16:56, 07 February 13
Wow, great idea!
Yes, a little z80 equivalent would be awesome!
I mean not a complete CPC emul, just Z80 and some virtual machine with primitive pixel ram like that.

I'm sure something could be adapted from a Javascript CPC emulator, we have the Z80 engine available.

I guess Javascript CPC pre-configured with a MAXAM and PROTEXT ROM, and local storage for disk images, is a little too technical for such a tool :-)

TFM

I don't know... if someone need that full babysitting package to be able to code in assembler, then this person should maybe use Basic, Pascal or eat a Quiche  :P :laugh:

The Z80 assembler code is used by smart people, who are completely fine with a table of commends and corresponding hex codes.

However, it's true, such a site would be a 'nice to have' for Z80 too.... but do we need it? I don't think so. ;)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

AMSDOS

Which Pascal are you referring to??

That Quiche tastes good! :P

Your Computer Programs

Bryce

Quote from: TFM/FS on 18:22, 07 February 13
I don't know... if someone need that full babysitting package to be able to code in assembler, then this person should maybe use Basic, Pascal or eat a Quiche  :P :laugh:

The Z80 assembler code is used by smart people, who are completely fine with a table of commends and corresponding hex codes.

However, it's true, such a site would be a 'nice to have' for Z80 too.... but do we need it? I don't think so. ;)

Yes, but pages like that aren't meant for people like us. They are meant for people just starting to learn machine code. Just like everyone else, when you started learning MC you probably would have been glad to have had something like this to learn from.

Bryce.

AMSDOS

I'm always just starting to learn M/C.  :laugh:

Your Computer Programs

Bryce

TFM

Quote from: Bryce on 09:57, 08 February 13
Yes, but pages like that aren't meant for people like us. They are meant for people just starting to learn machine code. Just like everyone else, when you started learning MC you probably would have been glad to have had something like this to learn from.

Bryce.
Of course Sir! You are right. Don't take me toooo serious ;)  Actually, when I think back, such a page would have been quite helpful back the day.
But today... damn! Now, I know already too much about 6502, cause I did stay too long at that page. It's well done. :)
Quote from: AMSDOS on 07:37, 08 February 13
That Quiche tastes good! :P
Quiche eaeter! 8)  Have you ever tried them with Sour Cream? :-*
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus