News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

FutureOS corner

Started by TFM, 05:12, 01 October 10

Previous topic - Next topic

TFM

Quote from: Xyphoe on 00:14, 06 January 11
Awesome! Cheers dude, thanks - can't wait to try it :)

Meanwhile use JavaCPC it has it all included :-)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

TFM

Quote from: TFM/FS on 20:58, 05 January 11
Ok, I'll create an download, will update this answer here asap.

Ok, now you can goto:

http://www.futureos.de

Then click at Downloads, there you can download also the ROMs (including headers). If ROMs without headers are needed, please let me know.

Hope you have some fun with it.

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Gryzor

Xyphoe, did you try it yet? I think it's pretty versatile and powerful, but it gets a bit to get used to... I really liked it!

Xyphoe

If I get chance this morning I will give it a try, otherwise over the weekend. Thanks TFM!

TFM

Quote from: Xyphoe on 03:16, 14 January 11
If I get chance this morning I will give it a try, otherwise over the weekend. Thanks TFM!

Always a pleasure  ;D
TFM of FutureSoft

arnoldemu

Quote from: Xyphoe on 03:16, 14 January 11
Are you planning to make a video of it?
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

TFM

Hi friends of CPC and FutureOS,

I updated youtube with a 4 MB video demo... I made it 2005 or so, and it's purpose is just to show the use of 4 MB RAM ;-)

Have a look & Happy weekend!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBK2_LBDl6Y
TFM of FutureSoft

Gryzor

The dithering is quite nice, very sci-fi looking!

TFM

Quote from: Gryzor on 16:11, 12 February 11
The dithering is quite nice, very sci-fi looking!

Thanks, but I guess it could be done better.
TFM of FutureSoft

TFM

After some discussions about the speed of displaying characters I did a small youtube video, just showing that the CPC can display roughly 23.000 characters per second.

Displaying characters quick with FutureOS

TFM of FutureSoft

TFM

Hi,

There is an update for the SF2 ROM manager (mainly Dutch language interface), you can download it here:

http://www.FutureOS.de

You can get versions for AMSDOS/BASIC and for FutureOS (a bit advanced).

Have fun and feel free to comment.
TFM of FutureSoft

MiguelSky

I hadn't tried ROMManager yet in my Symbiface, only loaded in AMSDOS to see the ROMs, but it seems it doen't like my SF2. It hangs under AMSDOS (when showing roms)and FutureOS .8 (when running program from disk) in CPC Classic.

TFM

Quote from: MiguelSky on 10:07, 24 June 11
I hadn't tried ROMManager yet in my Symbiface, only loaded in AMSDOS to see the ROMs, but it seems it doen't like my SF2. It hangs under AMSDOS (when showing roms)and FutureOS .8 (when running program from disk) in CPC Classic.

Hi MiquelSky,

Can you please describe as precisely as possible how to reproduce the error? (f.e. click at xxx, then click at yyy, then press eee etc...). This would allow me to check the software. The problem shouldn't be the SF2 itself.

TFM of FutureSoft

MiguelSky

Well, under AMSDOS finally it works :) I was trying to execute from BonnyDOS partition in HDD but I think it doesn't handle the rom files well from there (apart they are bad shown, not correct tabulation) and I can't change drive to A. From A drive it works fine (except the save 32 Roms options, I can't save to HDD).

But from FOS, I tried with FutureOS 7 and 8 and it hangs when I run the app from the A drive. In .8 it simply hangs (draws some pixel over the TurboDesktop) and in .7 the screen changes but it is filled with garbage.

I'll like to use from BonnyDOS partition (or at least load the roms from there), I have a ROMs folder there with lots of roms. :)

TFM

Quote from: MiguelSky on 19:49, 27 June 11
Well, under AMSDOS finally it works :) I was trying to execute from BonnyDOS partition in HDD but I think it doesn't handle the rom files well from there (apart they are bad shown, not correct tabulation) and I can't change drive to A. From A drive it works fine (except the save 32 Roms options, I can't save to HDD).

That's a problem of BonnyDOS, which is not Amsdos compatible in an sufficient degree. Maybe later on I can take time to find out what's the problem exactly...

Quote from: MiguelSky on 19:49, 27 June 11
But from FOS, I tried with FutureOS 7 and 8 and it hangs when I run the app from the A drive. In .8 it simply hangs (draws some pixel over the TurboDesktop) and in .7 the screen changes but it is filled with garbage.

I'll like to use from BonnyDOS partition (or at least load the roms from there), I have a ROMs folder there with lots of roms. :)

You should use the newest release of FutureOS, in this case it's system 0.8

I downloaded the new ROManager Version from the homepage and played around, indeed, after switching the language it makes problems... I have to check that in more detail, got no idea now what's the problem.

Thank's for pointing at the issues, I haven't seen them just by using the software "normally".

EDIT: Problem found ;-)
TFM of FutureSoft

TFM

Hi,

Well, I updated the SYMBiFACE II ROManager Software for Amsdos/Basic and for FutureOS. Both had the problem, that the park / unpark function of a ROM did corrupt a byte of the text. Since this byte becomes something else it can corrupt / crash the system.

I hope this bugs are cured now. However, I'm not able to test with a real SF2 here (since all my CPC stuff is in Germany and I'm in USA). I only could use "the sea of simulation" to faithfully simulate a SF2.

So please have a look at the software and please report any bug. The more preciese a description is the more it helps.

Bye!
TFM of FutureSoft

MiguelSky

Quote from: TFM/FS on 19:45, 29 June 11I hope this bugs are cured now. However, I'm not able to test with a real SF2 here (since all my CPC stuff is in Germany and I'm in USA). I only could use "the sea of simulation" to faithfully simulate a SF2.

So please have a look at the software and please report any bug. The more preciese a description is the more it helps.
Okay, AMSDOS version park/unpark correctly now from both English and Spanish interfaces, but I can't load the FOS version in .8. The monitor I use (through RGB scart) shows a "no signal" message when I execute it. As a hint, I must add I have a 3"1/2 drive internally connected in the CPC working as A:

MiguelSky

Sorry the double posting... Some reports more: FOS doesn't like my 3"1/2 drive as A: definitely. The 760kb dsks (Darth-Tie demo, Meg...) doesn't show the DIRectory and the 190 kb ones do, but load the files in a wrong manner: RomManager do that I said above, Death Chase loads, but the screen goes black too...

TFM

This is all pretty strange... hmmm.... I have to think what the problem could be.

However using a 3.5" drive as A is not a problem usually.

But thanks for the detailed bug-report though! I have to think who to test this stuff in the best way.
TFM of FutureSoft

TFM

Updates of the ROManager software for the SYMBiFACE II and MegaFlash are available.
TFM of FutureSoft

TFM

If you use an Emulator for FutureOS, then get the new 2.0 alpha 18 of the WinApe emulator. It's the only emulator the can simulate the SYMBiFACE II real-time clock perfectly (important for FutureOS, which uses RTC's in the BCD mode) and it further supports 4 MB of RAM (also supported by FutureOS and games like the Giana Sisters clone).
TFM of FutureSoft

TFM

Now, the automatic installer for FutureOS can be used also for the MegaFlash expansion.

Thank's to Bryce for testing all the MegaFlash related software again and again :-)
TFM of FutureSoft

TFM

TFM of FutureSoft

robcfg

Niiiiiiiiiice!

As soon as I get my MegaFlash, I'll install FutureOS to get the taste of it on the real thing.

Great work!  ;)

TFM

Quote from: robcfg on 21:21, 28 July 11
Niiiiiiiiiice!

As soon as I get my MegaFlash, I'll install FutureOS to get the taste of it on the real thing.

Great work!  ;)

Send me you Email-address at futuresoft at gmx.de, then I'll send you a small questionaire back (things like if your screen is color or green, 8 bit printer port, language... and so on).
This way I can create a personalized version for you for free. That's the special service for MegaFlash users  ;)
TFM of FutureSoft