News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

FutureOS corner

Started by TFM, 05:12, 01 October 10

Previous topic - Next topic

TFM

Thanks to @MiguelSky and @robcfg there is now the first Spanish Version of FutureOS. For the CPC6128 and for the 6128 Plus.

Hope some of you enjoy it.  :) :) :)

EDIT: If you find some 'cosmetic' problem or whatever please let me know.  :)

EDIT2: Please download the final Spanish version now from the futureos.de homepage. It got two smaller cosmetic changes, but nothing in the code. If you have any comments please let me know.  :)

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

TFM

English Version for 6128 Plus released too (FutureOS - The revolutionary UltraOS for the CPC6128 and CPCPlus - see downloads).  :)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

CraigsBar

Quote from: TFM on 00:34, 30 April 15
English Version for 6128 Plus released too (FutureOS - The revolutionary UltraOS for the CPC6128 and CPCPlus - see downloads).  :)
tested, works fine, Loving it. Thanks :)

IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

TFM

Quote from: CraigsBar on 01:14, 30 April 15
tested, works fine, Loving it. Thanks :)

My pleasure sir. Cartridge is up next. (I'm working on French version too of course).

TFM of FutureSoft

Kris

Quote from: TFM on 03:39, 30 April 15

My pleasure sir. Cartridge is up next. (I'm working on French version too of course).
Very good news to read this (For me at least ;) )

TFM

Quote from: Kris on 09:20, 30 April 15
Very good news to read this (For me at least ;) )

Thank you for your kind words.  :)  I leave the poll some more day open, then I will have time to make the Cartridge(s). Meanwhile I finished the 6128 Plus version in French.  :) :) :)  Download like usually. Haven't testet it yet (getting late), but will catch up with that tomorrow.  :)
TFM of FutureSoft

TFM

I always liked that the CPC firmware is bug free. Also CP/M is pretty bug free. Comparing a CPC to a Windows system is quite a lot of fun for us.  ;D  Now of course the CPC has some more OS...
Recently I started to search for bugs in FutureOS and kill them if found. Of course it's already way more stable than some other 3rd party OS for the CPC. But this does not mean that there wouldn't be work left.

Now if you have found a bug, then please report / PM and I can care about it.  :)
TFM of FutureSoft

TFM

Hi! I'm working at my ROManager 2.07 for all Flash and S-RAM cards. I couldn't finish up testing in my few days or years leave, but it's nearly done.

Is there somebody willing to help testing with the SF2 (under FutureOS). It will only cost you 2 minutes.
TFM of FutureSoft

CraigsBar

Quote from: TFM on 17:02, 01 June 15
Hi! I'm working at my ROManager 2.07 for all Flash and S-RAM cards. I couldn't finish up testing in my few days or years leave, but it's nearly done.

Is there somebody willing to help testing with the SF2 (under FutureOS). It will only cost you 2 minutes.
sure can. Shoot it over this way.

TFM

Quote from: CraigsBar on 18:56, 01 June 15
sure can. Shoot it over this way.

Hi! I did send you an email, please let me know how it works out.  :)
TFM of FutureSoft

TFM

New games need new Cartridges. ACID and 100 nF Capacitor are soldered in, EPROMs will be added previously to sending them out to people who want them. But not so soon ;-)

TFM of FutureSoft

Bryce

Extremely cool, but I would have socketed the ACIDs too.

Bryce.

TFM

Quote from: Bryce on 20:03, 08 June 15
Extremely cool, but I would have socketed the ACIDs too.

Bryce.

Thought about that too, but the ACIDs do not fit into the regular Cart shells when equipped with a socket. Same for EPROMs sadly. However, as long as all testing and debugging will be performed thoroughly it should be ok.  :)
TFM of FutureSoft

CraigsBar

Quote from: TFM on 19:02, 01 June 15
Hi! I did send you an email, please let me know how it works out.  :)
No so good, Park / Unpark seem to work OK (Never use this myself so OK is as far as I can suggest)

Erase also works fine

Programming however displays a message to set the swithc to wrote an back after the beep, then the border goes red butnothing is written, and no beep.

:(

Craig.

TFM

Hi @CraigsBar : Thanks a lot for checking. I guess I found the problem. Can you please try to load and install an ROM file again (on SF2)?  :)
TFM of FutureSoft

CraigsBar

Quote from: TFM on 21:38, 08 June 15
Hi @CraigsBar : Thanks a lot for checking. I guess I found the problem. Can you please try to load and install an ROM file again (on SF2)?  :)
oops, just saw this now. Will check tomorrow.

CraigsBar

Quote from: CraigsBar on 00:17, 09 June 15
oops, just saw this now. Will check tomorrow.
Yep all seems to be working now. I flashed the Protext Suite with no issues into vacant slots on the Symbiface :)

TFM

Quote from: CraigsBar on 23:26, 10 June 15
Yep all seems to be working now. I flashed the Protext Suite with no issues into vacant slots on the Symbiface :)

Awesome Craig!!! You're the best!!! Would give you 100 Like if I could!!! :)

I recently found some special ROMs, which I want to support too. I will add that too and then we can even look at a ROM disc for CP/M Plus.  :)

TFM of FutureSoft

TFM

Hi there!

Guess due to my holiday and lack of internet at home I forgot to tell you that you now can use the Plus version of FutureOS as Cartridge.
(see FutureOS - The revolutionary UltraOS for the CPC6128 and CPCPlus)

You can use the regular icon set or the MacDeath edition.

Languages are: German, English, French and Spanish! Big thanks to the Spanish CPC guys making the translation!!!  :) :) :)
TFM of FutureSoft

TFM

New ROManager 2.07 out now. All devices, and even CP/M exp ROM support. Enjoy!

Updates
- Support for showing CP/M E-ROM Programs and their start in ROM
- Support added for "Graduate" ROM containing CP/M programs (Names)
- Press Space in Main Menu to show all ROMs
- Press Up/Down in Main Menu to move cursor +/- five options
- Support for SYMBiFACE II added
TFM of FutureSoft

CraigsBar

Quote from: TFM on 23:00, 16 June 15
New ROManager 2.07 out now. All devices, and even CP/M exp ROM support. Enjoy!
Yippee, grabbing now :)

TFM

Quote from: CraigsBar on 23:05, 16 June 15
Yippee, grabbing now :)

Awesome! Let me know if you have suggestions or error reports. Next step will be to activate the Watch, this means either the SF2 RTC or the Dobbertin RTC which will be (see other thread) be available soon.  :)
TFM of FutureSoft

TFM

Currently working on a bunch of updates for FutureOS. Today I added support for TotOs MultiPlay card. It has two joysticks (or maybe four!). The update will be out in some weeks. What do you have to do? Nothing, everything is like always, but in addition you can use the new input devices.  :) :) :)
TFM of FutureSoft

TFM

During the last weeks I added few smaller updates to FutureOS. Now I would need somebody to test the new system on a new CPC. If you have plenty of time for doing that then please get in contact with me.[nb]Emulator testing is not needed, because they behave different anyway.[/nb]
TFM of FutureSoft

TFM

No volunteer with a Plus maybe?

TFM of FutureSoft