News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

FutureOS corner

Started by TFM, 05:12, 01 October 10

Previous topic - Next topic

TFM

Added one Wallpaper "CroCoCPC.HGB", inspired by MacDeath... enjoy the curves ;-)

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

TFM

Quote from: Kris on 14:40, 03 May 16
Great job !
A french version is scheduled or not ?

Hi Kris! Sorry for the delay, but I wanted to add MultiPlay support. Now the two MultiPlay joysticks should be able to be used for Desktop and Games. However, I couldn't try be now in person.

Have fun and please report bugs.  :)

(btw. The archive contains the installer for the CPC, ROMs can be used for emulators from ROM select 10 to 13).
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

TFM

Here the newest update, this time in Spanish (but not the Plus version, only CPC6128 for now). Anything else will come when I found time.  :)
TFM of FutureSoft

TFM

This is only of interest for German speaking persons (other languages will follow)...

FutureOS - neue Version verfügbar hier.
TFM of FutureSoft

robcfg

Danke schön!  8)

TFM

Quote from: robcfg on 08:46, 26 August 16
Danke schön!  8)

Hopefully the Spanish (and French and English, and Plus versions, and Cartridge versions) release gets assembled asap. Just have to find some time. Real life suxxs at the moment. But we're getting there soon!  :)
TFM of FutureSoft

dragon

If you want i can put future os  in the plus os cartridge with the other  things. But the room need to be hardcoded to work in cartridge slot &8e,&8f,&90,&91. So the cartridge have 0->os 1->basic 2->br 3->parados/amsdos 4,5,6,7-br 8->hxc -> 9->c4cpc 10,11,12,13->symbos  14,15,16,17 futureos.

No more pipes are free. So i can made something like |os,+parameter(symbos or future os).

Audronic

Quote from: dragon on 11:45, 31 August 16
I 0->os
1->basic
2->br
3->parados/amsdos
4,5,6,7-br
8->hxc ->
9->c4cpc
10,11,12,13->symbos 
14,15,16,17 futureos.
Thanks for the Layout within the Cart.
Ray
Procrastinators Unite,
If it Ain't Broke PLEASE Don't Fix it.
I keep telling you I am Not Pedantic.
As I Live " Down Under " I Take my Gravity Tablets and Wear my Magnetic Boots to Keep me from Falling off.

TFM

Well, in few time I will have the next update of FutureOS ready to go. Maybe a week or so. Then we can also think about special Cartridges. Thank you very much for your offer @dragon  :) :) :)

Oh, about the 'no more pipes' problem....

Usually |os starts FutureOS, so you could just check for 'no parameter' or 'parameter'. If there is no parameter then start FutureOS; if there is a parameter, then start SymbOS. Just an idea.

Do you also want to have some FutureOS expansion ROMs? They wouldn't need a pipe command, since they can only be used directly from FutureOS. I would suggest to use at least the Tool-ROM, the ROManager may not be needed (or may be for everybody having a Flash-ROM expansion).

I'll keep you updated!  :)
TFM of FutureSoft

dragon

Quote from: TFM on 15:56, 31 August 16
Well, in few time I will have the next update of FutureOS ready to go. Maybe a week or so. Then we can also think about special Cartridges. Thank you very much for your offer @dragon  :) :) :)

Oh, about the 'no more pipes' problem....

Usually |os starts FutureOS, so you could just check for 'no parameter' or 'parameter'. If there is no parameter then start FutureOS; if there is a parameter, then start SymbOS. Just an idea.

Do you also want to have some FutureOS expansion ROMs? They wouldn't need a pipe command, since they can only be used directly from FutureOS. I would suggest to use at least the Tool-ROM, the ROManager may not be needed (or may be for everybody having a Flash-ROM expansion).

I'll keep you updated!  :)

Ok, then |os future os and |os,0 symbos. (Is more rapid write numbers that strings with ""  in the keyboard.).

About extra roms yeah why not. Until we have free cartridge slots, we can put all extra roms future os use  (called from future os).

TFM

Quote from: dragon on 19:31, 31 August 16
Ok, then |os future os and |os,0 symbos. (Is more rapid write numbers that strings with ""  in the keyboard.).

About extra roms yeah why not. Until we have free cartridge slots, we can put all extra roms future os use  (called from future os).

Cool! Getting forward with this let me ask you two questions: Do you think the Cartridge version should have the Spartan mode (less icons) enabled? And do you prefer time and date shown as icons or MODE 2 characters (at bottom). Everybody is welcome to comment.  :)

Guess we use the MacDeath Icon set.  :)
TFM of FutureSoft

dragon

Quote from: TFM on 21:06, 31 August 16
Cool! Getting forward with this let me ask you two questions: Do you think the Cartridge version should have the Spartan mode (less icons) enabled? And do you prefer time and date shown as icons or MODE 2 characters (at bottom). Everybody is welcome to comment.  :)

Guess we use the MacDeath Icon set.  :)

Thats depend if It loose direct funcionality its better more icon?.

I think maybe date  in Mode 2 can  higlight from the other icons.  But Simply choose the most beautiful option in screen . :) My opinion is without view a screen comparation. I view the icons, but not the date in Mode 2

TFM

Assembled new 6128 Plus version today. Rats! It has 60 Bytes too much.  :picard:  Have to look how and where to save 60 Bytes.  :-\
TFM of FutureSoft

dragon

Quote from: TFM on 00:14, 04 September 16
Assembled new 6128 Plus version today. Rats! It has 60 Bytes too much.  :picard:  Have to look how and where to save 60 Bytes.  :-\

If you continue adding new features more soon or later you need five rom instead of four. Time cuestión :)

Pd: if you need try if It  work o.k with the parados cartridge, you can make a break point in &8000. Then Simply changue at the fly in winape memory the jump of symbos to future os slot/direction. For example.

I was thinking another thing. Is not posible make future os autodectec languaje looking to the lower rom?.

TFM

Quote from: dragon on 11:11, 04 September 16
If you continue adding new features more soon or later you need five rom instead of four. Time cuestión :)

Pd: if you need try if It  work o.k with the parados cartridge, you can make a break point in &8000. Then Simply changue at the fly in winape memory the jump of symbos to future os slot/direction. For example.

I was thinking another thing. Is not posible make future os autodectec languaje looking to the lower rom?.

Five ROMs? Well, yes, ROM #5 is the ROM for IDE devices - still under construction.

I can't make auto detection of languages, because I have a version for every language to save space. The texts in the ROMs do actually consume a significant part of memory, so I decided to make a version for every language instead of having all languages texts in one ROM.  :)
TFM of FutureSoft

dragon

So then for the cartridge is best use english. is the more universal languaje.

TFM

Well... this is as far as I'm done: All CPC versions... All Plus versions. To do: Some testing and ... Then making versions with appropriate ROM numbers. But real life is just keeping me super busy, will need 1 more week. Sorry, but it's not forgotten.  :)
TFM of FutureSoft

TFM

Let's use the Spanish version first for the Cartridge, because the most interest does come from Spain during these days. I just need a bit more time for testing.  :)
@dragon : I guess I can copy and paste then the ROMs for other languages in the Binary you make for Spanish, so you don't have to do it all by yourself.

Aside of Spanish, let's use the MacDeath Icon set, Spartan mode, time & date shown as letter (instead of icons). If you disagree let me know please.  :)

Also I try to get some expansion ROMs ready too.  :)
TFM of FutureSoft

dragon

Quote from: TFM on 15:22, 16 September 16
Ok, only the Spanish version remains to be done. And let's use this for the first cartridge, because the most interest does come from Spain in this days. I just need a bit more time for testing.  :)
@dragon : I guess I can copy and paste then the ROMs for other languages in the Binary you make for Spanish, so you don't have to do it all by yourself.

Aside of Spanish, let's got for MacDeath Icon set, Spantan mode, time & date shown as letter (instead of icons). If you disagree let me know please.  :)

Also I try to get some expansion ROMs ready too.  :)

Is ok for me. Yeah it work only change roms, but if the initial direction to  run  futureos in the cartridge not change.

Yeah are alot of cartridges, because ever languaje have with parados,with fim 3.15,normal with burning rubber menu,and normal without burnin rubber menu.

:D .

TFM

Hi @dragon : Can I use the ROM numbers &8E, &8F, &90, &91, &92, &93, &94 for FutureOS or is this too much? The OS would use 4 ROMs and I would like to add 3 expansion ROMs.

What do you think?

TFM of FutureSoft

dragon

Quote from: TFM on 23:37, 17 September 16
Hi @dragon : Can I use the ROM numbers &8E, &8F, &90, &91, &92, &93, &94 for FutureOS or is this too much? The OS would use 4 ROMs and I would like to add 3 expansion ROMs.

What do you think?

The only futures changes to the cartridge are future os updates and symbios updates. As hxc, and c4cpc probably not change more. You can use all slots you need you have the rest of the cartridge for you :)

TFM

Quote from: dragon on 23:45, 17 September 16
The only futures changes to the cartridge are future os updates and symbios updates. As hxc, and c4cpc probably not change more. You can use all slots you need you have the rest of the cartridge for you :)

Cool! I would like to add a 3rd expansion ROM, will do this in few days, and the I will put it all here.  :)

BTW: The update of FutureOS has been released now, here is the change-log:

What's new?
-----------
- 6128 Plus version: ROM D optimized.
- Bugfix in |FDESK command
- Extra E-RAM of X-MEM (64 KB internal) can be used now (640 KB! Not 576KB) with X-MEM via &7EC4-7
- MultiPlay support added
- Installer updated
- Bug in OS function GET_DIR corrected
- ROM applications can now be called using the RUN icon
  FutureOS eXpansion ROM Mangement enhanced
- API expanded: External ROMs can now call OS functions directly from Exp.ROM to FutureOS ROMs A-D
- Albireo detection added (scans for both main chips)
- Time and Date can now be shown optional as characters at bottom of screen instead of icons (nice in SPARtan mode imho)
- Hotkey "B" / Fire 2 (not 0 or 1!) added: Moves mouse arrow to next file, but without tagging (problems with Plus)
- Switch SPARtan mode on by default
- The "Show picture" function now starts in MODE 0 and 80 x 25 character mode
- Hotkey "J" added to Jump to file section in Desktop
- OS/API entry KLICK will now reset SP to &BFF8, stability improved
- ROM C compacted
- Efficient PlayCity autodetection added
- Documentation updated: printer management, E-RAM management
TFM of FutureSoft

TFM

Ok, here is the ROM I was talking about, just finished it. It will be part of the Cartridge for the Plus.

You can give it a try on CPC or Plus with the new FutureOS update and see how it works. But you need:
- FutureOS (newest update) on positions 10-13
- The new Wallpaper ROM at position 14

How to use it?
Press X for execute, then press 4 for ROM.
Arrows allow to select the ROM, press copy when "Wallpaper ROM 1" is shown.
Then use arrows and copy to select the Wallpaper you want to use.

Let me know if there are any troubles.  :)
TFM of FutureSoft

TFM

Hello @dragon : Eventually I made it and adapted all ROM numbers for all ROMs, please see attached file. The physical ROM numbers are part of the file names.

This is the Spanish version, please ONLY make one Cartridge now and post it here for the moment.
Because I want to test it before you put some more effort in it.
Via emulators I can't test it here.

Thank you very much again for your great help!!!  :) :) :)
TFM of FutureSoft

dragon

Quote from: TFM on 21:04, 21 September 16
Hello @dragon : Eventually I made it and adapted all ROM numbers for all ROMs, please see attached file. The physical ROM numbers are part of the file names.

This is the Spanish version, please ONLY make one Cartridge now and post it here for the moment.
Because I want to test it before you put some more effort in it.
Via emulators I can't test it here.

Thank you very much again for your great help!!!  :) :) :)

O.k i make the cartridge tomorrow/today.

Who is the start direction ? &f8a9?.

Ah, no is f924 :) .

|os and |os,x boot future os, except |os,0 that boot symbos