News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

FutureOS corner

Started by TFM, 05:12, 01 October 10

Previous topic - Next topic

dragon

As I not know in profundity the shortcuts, i only chek if the rom is present with winape(i mean looking to the slot 20 in the  cartridge) . anyway i think they fool me. i was thinking is there.  :-\ but is empty.

Not work,grimware not write the 94 rom to the cpr is not there it stop at finish of the &93 i don't know why. Maybe we found a bug in grimware page. ¿?.

Maybe we can ask to grimware.

i try uploaded a 1  rom only in a slot 20+ Page reset. But in 20- slot is o.k

we can complete It manually with a hex editor?.

dragon

I add manually the rom &94 to the cartridges.

I wait do it well, i never made a cart manually.

it appears work.

TFM

Hi Dragon!

Had a quick check, and everything seems to be fine!!! Great work!!! Guess you made it!!!  :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

dragon

Then you can make the other languajes. They left 10 roms, but maybe instead of put another things such protext or something, is best these rom can be reserved to future os or symbos aditional roms  :).

TFM

Quote from: dragon on 21:45, 28 September 16
Then you can make the other languajes. They left 10 roms, but maybe instead of put another things such protext or something, is best these rom can be reserved to future os or symbos aditional roms  :) .

Ok, I will try it. But let me ask one question: Which ROMs did you alter to get the new features?

Lower ROM? BASIC ROM? AMSDOS ROM?

In case you did change the lower ROM then I would nee you help to have an French and an English version or if.  :)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

dragon

Quote from: TFM on 23:33, 28 September 16
Ok, I will try it. But let me ask one question: Which ROMs did you alter to get the new features?

Lower ROM? BASIC ROM? AMSDOS ROM?

In case you did change the lower ROM then I would nee you help to have an French and an English version or if.  :)
lol

I like.

Amsdos+hxc rom/ parados+hxc rom.

Really in the case of amsdos all can be only in amsdos rom. Its Simply distributed in the two ROMs.  Amsdos have a lot of free space. Buts its because i made first parados. And i made the same unconsciosly :).

In the case of parados its imposible. He have 0 bytes free in rom. So all are in hxc rom excepto the di-c9 and the change of jumps for calls. And the rst 18 redirect.

Using hxc rom (free space).means not use a Rom only to my Code :)

So you can changue lower rom or basic without  problems. Only respect the amsdos+hxc amsdos part/parados+ hxc parados part.( The two hxc are diferent).

TFM

Thank you very much. I will make Binaries out of your CRT files. Move the Binary to the CPC.  ;D
And then exchange the lower ROM in the Binary (I guess BASIC is the same for all language differences anyway). Then making CRTs again. But I have to do it next week, because I need to give a presentation of my recent work on Monday, so not spare time for me for 4 days. But I guess people can wait.  :)

Then you again @dragon !!! You did an awesome job making all this great carts!!!  :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

TFM of FutureSoft

Phantomz

Quote from: dragon on 17:17, 28 September 16
I add manually the rom &94 to the cartridges.

I wait do it well, i never made a cart manually.

it appears work.

Nice Work @dragon  8)

Any chance you could do English versions please, thanks.  ;D

dragon

Quote from: Phantomz on 18:15, 29 September 16
Nice Work @dragon  8)

Any chance you could do English versions please, thanks.  ;D

I can't, a not have the futureos roms in english, so you need wait to TFM

TFM

Quote from: dragon on 22:47, 29 September 16
I can't, a not have the futureos roms in english, so you need wait to TFM

Right there:  :)
http://www.cpcwiki.eu/forum/programming/futureos-corner/msg133913/#msg133913

But they all need the good version of the tool ROM, attached to this post:
http://www.cpcwiki.eu/forum/programming/futureos-corner/msg134373/#msg134373

Sorry for the chaos!
TFM of FutureSoft

dragon

Quote from: TFM on 00:21, 30 September 16

Right there:  :)
http://www.cpcwiki.eu/forum/programming/futureos-corner/msg133913/#msg133913

But they all need the good version of the tool ROM, attached to this post:
http://www.cpcwiki.eu/forum/programming/futureos-corner/msg134373/#msg134373

Sorry for the chaos!

And what os languaje do you want with german?

dragon

Well i suppose english.

If file fail or is wrong tell me.

https://mega.nz/#!ho4h3YiD!ALv2eNOVcXnnRLufoad60_C_eB8srSnd9yAGqWJ4Hzc

PD: I break the cpcwiki 4mb limit XD.

TFM

Yes, German uses the English lower ROM. Wow! You already made it! Will have a look right now!  :) :) :)

Oh bad luck. Just checked the Cartridges using WinApe, and it seems that in German, English, French versions the commands crash or have malfunctions.

The reason is probably that in the different languages the target address of RSX commands !OS, !FDESK, !FHELP (=!FVER) is different. So they need to be adapted.

Sorry, I hope it can be fixed.  :-X
TFM of FutureSoft

dragon

No, i don't think So, the only adress is burning rubber.

Please compare the slot of hxc with the spanish(search cb08 text with text editor).

Maybe i mistake the hxc rom between versions., i have a lot of files  in the hdd.

I can't take look today.

Phantomz

@dragon  thanks for doing the new versions.  :D

I hope you get any problems with them sorted.

I noticed that you made burning rubber use Button 1 and 2 by default for Accelerate and Brake, I forgot to change the controls for Joypad 2 as that still uses up and down.

Change

CD 35 34 30 31 32 33

to

CD 31 30 34 35 32 33

to make it the same as Joypad 1.  ;)

dragon

Quote from: TFM on 18:49, 30 September 16
Yes, German uses the English lower ROM. Wow! You already made it! Will have a look right now!  :) :) :)

Oh bad luck. Just checked the Cartridges using WinApe, and it seems that in German, English, French versions the commands crash or have malfunctions.

The reason is probably that in the different languages the target address of RSX commands !OS, !FDESK, !FHELP (=!FVER) is different. So they need to be adapted.

Sorry, I hope it can be fixed.  :-X

Yeah, you have changed the directions.

The solution was to change the jumps to the &c0006-c0012 zone, but anyway is making the 15 cartridges.

There are 15 cartridges to change....

Phantomz why do yo not try modify it with the hex editor?.

spanish

direction  to change                                  direction to  change.
                   ------                                                          --------
jp #f8a9 c3 A9 F8 -->basic mensage ------>not search
jp #f924 c3 24 f9 -->future os        -------->SEARCH C9 24 F9 8E in hex editor
jp #f8c7 c3 c7 f8 -->future os fdesk  ------>SEARCH C9 c7 f8 8E  in hexeditor
jp #f9f2 c3 f2 f9 -->fhelp            ------------>SEARCH C9 F2 F9 8E in hexeditor
jp #f9f4 c3 f4 f9 -->fver             ------------->SEARCH C9 F4 F9 8E in hexeditor

English
-----------

jp #f87c c3 7c f8
jp #f8f7 c3 f7 f8
jp #f89a c3 9a f8
jp #f9c5 c3 c5 f9
jp #f9c7 c3 c7 f9

French
-------------

jp #f8a6 c3 A6 f8
jp #f921 c3 21 f9
jp #f8c4 c3 c4 f8
jp #f9ef c3 ef f9
jp #f9f1 c3 f1 f9

german
---------------
jp #f896 c3 96 f8
jp #f911 c3 11 f9
jp #f8b4 c3 b4 f8
jp #f9df  c3 df f9
jp #f9e1 c3 e1 f9

Or better more simple change in all to :

&c006 (remember is inverted in hex) 06 c0
&c009                                                 09 c0
&c00c                                                 0c c0
&c00f                                                  0f c0
&c012                                                 12 c0

Phantomz

Quote from: dragon on 01:21, 01 October 16
Phantomz why do yo not try modify it with the hex editor?.

I don't need to try, I've already modified versions of " Burnin Rubber " to use both the Joypads with Button 1 for Accelerate and Button 2 being used for brake.

The game lets you use Joypad 2 to play the game as well as joypad 1 for some reason, both joypads default to up and down.

I just  thought that you might like to make the " Burnin Rubber " game default to both joypads the same at the start in the rom you use to build the cpr's with, instead of needing to hex change them after.  ;D

If you don't want too, it's not a problem, I'll just change it after.  ;)

dragon

I speak about fix the english  cartridges not the burning rubber XD.

dragon

There is something wrong with your french roms tfm.

They jump o.k to c006-c0012, but it not work.So the problem is in your side.

Other fixed.tell me if someone fail.

TFM

Thank's a lot! English, Spanish and German seem to work. In the French version there is indeed a bug, I just have to find it.

Ok, I did reassemble the French Version for Plus and with MacDeath Icon set, the ROMs run on WinApe, modified them for ROM numbers &8E to &91. Hope this will work now.  :)
TFM of FutureSoft

remax

Hello TFM.

I'd like to give FutureOS a try on my M4 Board and i'd like to know a few things :

I installed FOS using the roms and the web interface, it runs without problems, but i'd like to now how do you store settings in the case of M4 Board.
Cause i tried to go in Spartan mode, using the configurator on the FOS installation disc, but it didn't work.

I'm wondering what is the current level of support of the M4 Board at this point. I didn't succeed in browsing the SD card using all the discs icons.

Thanks for your answers. I prefer to ask before trying to find a solution that doesn't exist yet (i'm totally confident that if the support is not yet optimal, you will work on it in the future !).
Brain Radioactivity

dragon

Quote from: TFM on 22:15, 01 October 16
Thank's a lot! English, Spanish and German seem to work. In the French version there is indeed a bug, I just have to find it.

Ok, I did reassemble the French Version for Plus and with MacDeath Icon set, the ROMs run on WinApe, modified them for ROM numbers &8E to &91. Hope this will work now.  :)

Miracle no errors!!!!.   :D

Anything make these cartridges reveals. Is needed new app to make cartridges. grimware limitation to 20 is so ... :-X

I mean app in windows.

Devilmarkus

Quote from: TFM
"Great, can you please uplod the French cartridges too?"
When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

dragon

I have adapted cpm Plus rom with  the extensión rom.

It appear incompatible with the Plus range. Because he calls directly to the firmware and the directions have changed. After that i patch the extensión rom so now they scan It in all slots.

But as i can't use grimware Page from now all parches in new ROMs have to be patch It  manually with a hex editor.

Is to much work for me made 20  cartridges in even update.

So is better tfm made the rest of cartridges in french, and then i can simply upload the patchs with a little explanation how add It in the existing carts.  Simply copy and paste with hex editor.

:) .

PD: i found a bug in the forum, i quote you, but It appear in White.

dragon

Ah vacations  :D .

Oh i patch cp/m without know tfm have a bunch of releases in future os page of cp/m o_o.

I simply take It  from rom list in wiki.

How many accesory ROMs. But they appeary very ineficient in space terms some have >&1000 free.

Anyway if imposible they fit in the  cartridge for the space :D

Edit: not i was wrong they enter just! 512kb cartridge.!

Only to try it . I have implemented two command only. |os,"cpm or |os,2 and |os,"cpmmenu