News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

FutureOS corner

Started by TFM, 05:12, 01 October 10

Previous topic - Next topic

TFM

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

TFM

Interestingly nobody told me... well, I know and I'm working on it...
What??? Well, yes the ROManager for FutureOS has some serious problems, but thanks to SyX who helps me a whole lot with testing, we will get it hopefully running well one day.
BTW: I think to add some functions, like EDIT a ROM, not as sophisticated like in MAXAM, more a basic routine, because I just can use some API functions of FutureOS. But first, 1.36 must run properly.
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

SyX

Only one or two things more and you will achieve the triple perfection ;)

TFM

Quote from: SyX on 11:50, 09 September 11
Only one or two things more and you will achieve the triple perfection ;)
Any kind of idea / wish is very welcome :-)
TFM of FutureSoft

TFM

Since it is weekend and I have had some time...

Well, just a video about the different file-header icons, descriptions and so on, used by FutureOS file-header structures. (More detailed informations are in the official handbook or just ask here in the forum).

File-Headers under FutureOS on Amstrad CPC 6128, 6128 Plus
Have a great day all together :-)
TFM of FutureSoft

TFM

Dear FutureOS and MegaFlash users. Please update the ROManager to the version of 2011-09-23, that's important :-)
TFM of FutureSoft

Gryzor

Now works fine from ROM with HxC as B: :) :) :)

TFM

Quote from: Gryzor on 15:46, 25 September 11
Now works fine from ROM with HxC as B: :) :) :)

Ok, great!
TFM of FutureSoft

MiguelSky

Quote from: TFM/FSRight, in WinApe you to "Settings", there to "Memory". Then you install the four FutureOS ROMs at ROM numbers (ROM select) "Upper 10", "Upper 11", "Upper 12" and "Upper 13".

The FutureOS ROMs are hardcoded, that speeds them up, but they need to be installes as ROMs 10-13.
QuoteNow, the MegaFlash has 32 ROMs and it's an advantage to use the upper ROMs too. Only FutureOS ROM A does need a ROM number between 1 and 15. So the others can be placed anywhere else.
Now this is possible, because the new automatic Installer adapts the ROMs, so all ROM numbers can be used.

If you like a FutureOS version with special ROM numbers, just let me know and I send you the adapted intaller.
Great :), may you make some FOS roms for my SF2 with the B, C, D roms prepared to work from 26, 27 and 28 positions (being the rom numbers 0 to 31)? The A will be at 10 position. Thanks ;)

TFM

Quote from: MiguelSky on 00:58, 06 October 11
Great :) , may you make some FOS roms for my SF2 with the B, C, D roms prepared to work from 26, 27 and 28 positions (being the rom numbers 0 to 31)? The A will be at 10 position. Thanks ;)

No problem, just send me an email to futuresoft at gmx dot de.

I will send you back a small questionaire (with questions about: which language programs shall speak, color or monochrome monitor and so on...). Then you get your personalized version :-)
TFM of FutureSoft

MiguelSky

TFM

And answered! Thanks for your interrest  :)
TFM of FutureSoft

TFM

TFM of FutureSoft

Gryzor

Heh, a nice demo for someone we all know :D

TFM

During the last days I had a well and productive conversation with MacDeath and he gave me some good hints... so now you can download the big handbook of FutureOS in Word format at www.futureos.de

MacDeath also converted it into PDF, I'll put that on this post directly :-) Thank you very much!!!

TFM of FutureSoft

SyX

TFM

Quote from: SyX on 16:14, 16 November 11
FANTASTIC!!!  :D

Just let me know what you need. Maybe an ASCII Version for CPC would be good too?
TFM of FutureSoft

SyX

YEAH!!! I think that is a great idea, too  :D

Everything that it can make more "friendly" FutureOS is always a great idea ;)

TFM

Quote from: SyX on 21:19, 16 November 11
YEAH!!! I think that is a great idea, too  :D

Everything that it can make more "friendly" FutureOS is always a great idea ;)

Done! (for the moment just in English though)
TFM of FutureSoft

SyX

Fine for me :), you know that my german is ... practical inexistent, ayysss.

TFM

Well, I'm already going into Spanish. Miguel Sky offered me to translate the FutureOS texts to Spanish. However I'm a bit short in time at the moment. But now it makes sense to keep that translation in mind. It's not that easy as one may think, since some words are used for different messages... But after the release of one of my current running projects I have a "slot" free for the translation :-) I just hope that MiguelSky will still be willing to do that than, because I waste so much time...  :-X

TFM of FutureSoft

SyX

Yeah!!! You must know that MiguelSky ALWAYS make an excellent work, he can take that task of your list and let you use your time for other interesting things ;)

TFM

Quote from: SyX on 19:07, 19 November 11
Yeah!!! You must know that MiguelSky ALWAYS make an excellent work, he can take that task of your list and let you use your time for other interesting things ;)

Yes he does! Of course! However I have to extract the text from 500 KB source (and it's not that big due to comments ;-) So I just have to start working on it! And as said the text is not always just plain in RAM (more often it is, but not always), so I have to care about this too. Further if he is so kind to do the translation, I'll not going to bother him with anything else :-D

Well, there is FutureOS long-term plan up to the year 9999 (then the RTC must be replaced) *hihihih*
TFM of FutureSoft

MacDeath

He hasn't told you but a new set of icons is soon to be available too...

BTW I won't spoil the surprise by posting them, it(s up to him to do so.

TFM

Quote from: MacDeath on 07:45, 21 November 11
He hasn't told you but a new set of icons is soon to be available too...

BTW I won't spoil the surprise by posting them, it(s up to him to do so.

Oh, you can post them here. It's your work - and a very wonderful one :-DDD

However it will take some time until we see a final result, I have to convert them to CPC, convert them to data, then create an appropriate application for it, for their installation and so on.

TFM of FutureSoft