News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

FutureOS corner

Started by TFM, 05:12, 01 October 10

Previous topic - Next topic

MacDeath

I will try them on a real CPC just to be sure...

Mode2 on a real CRT can really look a lot different than on a modern PC screen.

TFM

Today somebody will crack the 30.000 mark of hits! Will you do it?

Look at www.futureos.de

Good luck!
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

TFM

Quote from: MacDeath on 00:46, 23 November 11
I will try them on a real CPC just to be sure...

Mode2 on a real CRT can really look a lot different than on a modern PC screen.

Yes, right, because the CPC monitors have the wonderful feature of hardware antializing  ;)  BTW: If you convert something to CPC format, please be so kind and email me a copy of them :-)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

SyX

Quote from: TFM/FS on 16:44, 23 November 11
Today somebody will crack the 30.000 mark of hits! Will you do it?

Look at www.futureos.de

Good luck!
Me no, i'm the 29989 :( :P

TFM

TFM of FutureSoft

SyX

29998, only two for the price!!! ;)
... and now 30001, i didn't win  :P

TFM

Well, I got the 30002 :-)
TFM of FutureSoft

TFM

If you ever want to format a batch of discs...

MMcR - Ultra fast batch formatting for Amstrad CPC
TFM of FutureSoft

Gryzor

Is it really that fast? Wow.

That should come in handy - just got 40 disks in the mail, I must use it!!!

Just for the fun of it, what other formatters do people use?

Bryce

What does "Get your disk off" mean? :D

Was this formatting virtual disks in an emulator or real disks on a real CPC?

Bryce.

TFM

Quote from: Gryzor on 20:39, 26 November 11
Is it really that fast? Wow.

That should come in handy - just got 40 disks in the mail, I must use it!!!

Just for the fun of it, what other formatters do people use?

No, it's not that fast, it was recorded on Winape. In reality it shall take 16 seconds for a disc, FDC can't do it more quick, because the FDC writes a whole track, steps to the next track, waits for the beginning of the track, starts formatting again and so on. Reading / Writing of a whole disc can be done in 9 seconds though.

Quote from: Bryce on 22:03, 26 November 11
What does "Get your disk off" mean? :D

Was this formatting virtual disks in an emulator or real disks on a real CPC?

Bryce.

"Get your disc off" means that you can take now your disc out of the drive, and than you can put the next one (to format) in the drive.

The video was recorded unsing Winape since I lack a real CPC in USA.
TFM of FutureSoft

Nich

Quote from: TFM/FS on 23:11, 27 November 11
"Get your disc off" means that you can take now your disc out of the drive, and than you can put the next one (to format) in the drive.

Well, in my opinion, "get your disc off" sounds rather rude, with lots of sexual connotations! "Please eject the disc" sounds much better.

Bryce

Exactly, it should be something like "Please remove the disc".

Bryce.

TFM

Haha! I wouldn't use the word "eject"  :P

However, due to using big letters I'm limited to 8 letters per word (and four word per screen), so I have to find something nice for the next update. BTW: I speak English as a second language, and as we see: I didn't do better in older days  8)  No offense at all :)  And thank's for the comments, I try to fix that. :) :) :)

Edit: In German "Nimm die Disk raus" ist doch "get your disc off" ??? Was ist daran jetzt schlimm? Hmm, weiss ich auch nicht... aber ich versuch mal was zu finden das passt.

Quote from: Bryce on 20:34, 28 November 11
Exactly, it should be something like "Please remove the disc".

Bryce.

This would fit and sounds great! Thanks Bryce!
TFM of FutureSoft

Bryce

Instant English lesson... Nehmen is actually Take. Get is Holen. :) So if you want to stick to the direct translation, then it would be "Take the disc out", but "Remove the disc" sounds better in English.

Bryce.

TFM

And it's only three words :-) But "eject" means "abspritzen", see:
http://dict.leo.org/ende?lp=ende&lang=de&searchLoc=0&cmpType=relaxed&sectHdr=on&spellToler=&search=eject

Thanks for the lesson, I got and get a doughnut now ;-)
TFM of FutureSoft

TFM

Hi there,
The english FutureOS documentation ZIP folders now contain also Protext in a ready-to-start version. So you can access it all on a real CPC.
If you're not familiar with Protext, just drop a line here and it will be my pleasure to provide detailed information.

TFM of FutureSoft

MacDeath

Having those message that big all over the screen may seem a little bit aggressive, it's a bit like the CAPS LOCK EFFECT OF DEATH...

Also i'm a bit concerned you haven't changed the screenshots on your site yet.

I mean, the resolution is a bit too much approximate, also the raster effects are a bit messy...
pastel Yellow+bright yellow+white is a total no-no...

post edit : here a little perk i did recently, not sure if usable...

TFM

Quote from: MacDeath on 16:23, 07 December 11
Having those message that big all over the screen may seem a little bit aggressive, it's a bit like the CAPS LOCK EFFECT OF DEATH...

Well, it has big letters, so Gert Genial can read it too. It's a accommodation to short eyed people.

Also i'm a bit concerned you haven't changed the screenshots on your site yet.

The new icons? I need more time to do that. At the moment I'm too busy in real life, will be better soon.

I mean, the resolution is a bit too much approximate, also the raster effects are a bit messy...
pastel Yellow+bright yellow+white is a total no-no...

post edit : here a little perk i did recently, not sure if usable...

It was originally done for a CPC and looked better on a CPC. I never had too much time to care about it honestly. But thanks for the new pics :-)))
TFM of FutureSoft

TFM

Hi there!

A small video, that shows how to use RUNC framework (just start it) and Small C programs (also just start it) under FutureOS.

Running Small C programs under FutureOS using RUNC framework and FIOLIB library
TFM of FutureSoft

TFM

TFM of FutureSoft

TFM

The upcoming LowerROM card from Bryce inspired me to play around with the lower ROM.

My first step was to delete the lower ROM completely, then I did put back the character set to &3800-&3FFF. And I did put a 14 bytes routine at address &0000 that does jump to FutureOS ROM A.

And it works flawless! The most quick FutureOS autostart ever :-)))

Further it finally proves that FutureOS doesn't need a single bit of the old OS (except the charset). I mention this because there was a discussion in the c64 forum.

Here's the lower ROM...
TFM of FutureSoft

Bryce

I knew you'd find an FOS use for the LowerROM board! :D

Bryce.

TFM

Quote from: Bryce on 22:33, 08 March 12
I knew you'd find an FOS use for the LowerROM board! :D

Bryce.

That's just the beginning. Guess with the LowerROM board everything will be possible :-D

BTW: I think for testing WinCPC is a great emulator, since it allows to select a 16 KB lower ROM. (Caprice doesn't have that option). And it has a great debugging interface.
TFM of FutureSoft

HAL6128

...look forward to the LowerRom-Board.

I like the character set of Flynn's (WinCPC) sepcial OS-ROM. And it starts in Mode 2. Good for programming.

@TFM/FS: Does FutureOS has somekind of "system.ini" where I have the chance to configurate booting procedure or start a special application after booting? Would it be possible to take over the character set of the special WinCPC OS-ROM?
...proudly supported Schnapps Demo, Pentomino and NQ-Music-Disc with GFX