News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

FutureOS corner

Started by TFM, 05:12, 01 October 10

Previous topic - Next topic

TFM

i'm thinking about to rearrange the Icons of the FutureOS Desktop, to make it better for the situation when the SPARtan is on.

I thought:
OK becomes IDE
MON becomes I
Alert-time becomes OK
END becomes MON
IDE becomes Alert-time
I becomes END

That way it could look more cleaned.

Any additional ideas?
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Sykobee (Briggsy)

Put the clock and date in the top right (personally I don't think you need these "iconised", a plain string in the top right is enough, but it's not my project! I like text though, I'd make everything a text label with direct ctrl+char shortcuts).

The ability to hide function icons that can't be used in the current context seems logical (is that the spartan thing?) for such a system.

TFM

Yes, you got the idea of the SPARtan bit :-)

The Clock & Date & Alert-Time Icons will now be only shown if a RTC is connected (in case the SPARtan bit is set).
In the Top Line I like to have the Devices, so you can reach and click them quick. However MacDeath had a similar idea. Let me think how this can be done the best way. Another reason for having the Devices in the upper line, is that they are always visible.
Well, here is an update with a bit cleaned up Desktop.  Set in the MONitor Address &B96E to &10, then SPARtan is enabled. I just work at Konfig-OS to do this comfortably with the application. Will upload it soon.
Meanwhile...

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

TFM

Dear friends of the CPC,

After a while there is an new update of the FutureOS (see download section at FutureOS - The revolutionary UltraOS for the CPC6128 and CPCPlus).
Now you can use the SPARtan mode. It reduces the number of displayed icons on screen, and shows only what's needed. That makes it more easy for some users. Just have a look at it :-)

To activate the SPARtan mode you have to download also the new 'Config OS' utility and set the SPARtan bit in the OS configuration.
Please let me know if you have any questions.

Greets,
TFM

TFM of FutureSoft

TFM

Please let me know if you want an update of your personalized version. I will compile it on a 'first ask - first get service' base... Maybe only few people have interrest, but I have to know where to start  ;)
TFM of FutureSoft

I think BDOS (BonnyDOS) is the better solution!!!

Ralf

TFM

The better solution for WHAT? ??? I guess you posted in the wrong thread.  :laugh:
TFM of FutureSoft

Devilmarkus

Quote from: guest on 18:04, 29 October 12

Depends on what the user wants:
A unsupported feature,which did never grow over beta phase, or a supported OS with a nice GUI.

Also you can't compare FutureOS with BDOS. Both are totally different things.
When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

TFM

Exactly. They have no intersecting set. It's like comparing Bees and Boulders.
TFM of FutureSoft

TFM

Back to topic...
TFM of FutureSoft

I tested future OS; it's not as good as BonnyDOS.

btw Devilmarkus und TFM are you brothers?

Ralf

Gryzor

Hahaha troll ahoy :D

TFM

Quote from: guest on 18:04, 29 October 12

Ralf

Quote from: guest on 07:43, 31 October 12
I tested future OS; it's not as good as BonnyDOS.

Ralf
Repetetive nonsense... Ralf, do you suffer from Alzheimer?
TFM of FutureSoft

Devilmarkus

Quote from: guest on 07:43, 31 October 12
btw Devilmarkus und TFM are you brothers?

No, we are three egged twins... (TFM has 1 egg, which chuckie gave him, and I am the twin)

Oh... How's the weather in Lindlar?
When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

TFM

Haha, guess the trolls yap is stuffed... now back to serious things....

This is about the new SF2 and the ROMananger. Since I reach a lot of people here, I tell the story here.

At the moment Prodatron is starting to sell a new batch of SF2 cards. At least three of them had problems. Now, it's not clear why...

Sloopie found out that the ROManager for the SF2 under FutureOS works well, but neither the Amsdos version nor the software for Sos.

My question here is: Can please somebody confirm that the ROManager 1.34 for Amsdos and the old Symbiface2 does work? If not, please let me know too.

Thanks' for your help! You make CPC software better.
TFM of FutureSoft

TFM

Now, finally - I didn't even know about it - they use FOS at a German university  :laugh:
@Gryzor: Can you make that 'FutureOS corner' sticky please?

EDIT: And me stupid forgot that funny link :-X  Here:
Server-Details - Philipps-Universität Marburg - Hochschulrechenzentrum
TFM of FutureSoft

Gryzor

Sure, though it doesn't look like it needs it :)

TFM

Thanks' You're the man! :) :) :)
TFM of FutureSoft

TFM

For using the 2012 Update of FutureOS with JavaCPC, please update JavaCPC now  :)  Markus added some nice stuff.  :)
TFM of FutureSoft

TFM

Check out the new SPARtan mode online if you like. Comments are welcome :)
Greets,
TFM
TFM of FutureSoft

beaker

A lot easier for someone with my below average IQ to use  ;D
Before SPARtan I found the number of icons a little confusing to begin with, and now it feels more accessible as they only become visible as required.

TFM

TFM of FutureSoft

remax

I like it too like that !

With the new icons, it will be great.
Brain Radioactivity

TFM

Good point. Well, I intend to make an application which can cut icons out of a regular 17 KB CPC screen; and manage icons. You will be able to install new GFX for any icon (not the numbers?!?). But I have to move on with Cyber Huhn first.
However, you will be able to install any GFX of your choice as icon then.
MacDeath already did an overwhelming amount of wonderful icons. So from the beginning there will be a lot of choice.
TFM of FutureSoft

TFM

Do you would like an additional ROM, which contains a wallpaper for the Desktop of the FutureOS. So if you start the OS, you will have a wallpaper from the beginning. Good idea or decadency?
TFM of FutureSoft