News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

FutureOS corner

Started by TFM, 05:12, 01 October 10

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryce

A bit of a waste of a whole 16K ROM don't you think? Or could you compress a few backgrounds onto one ROM?

Bryce.

TFM

One could put two wallpapers in one ROM, but then the user has to be bugged which of them shall be used. Alternatively a bit can be changed in the ROM itslelf fo select the screen. Maybe even three screens would fit. Depends on the compression algorithm.
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Bryce

Could youthen put other stuff on the ROM instead, such as one Background picture and some system sounds?

Bryce.

TFM

There are no system sounds up to now. But this may be an idea really worth being considered. :)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

steve

Wallpapers on the CPC is the height of decadency  ;D , add in sounds and you will need to link 2 CPCs together, one to run FOS and the other to run the application.  :laugh:

Do the wallpapers have to be in rom? could they be loaded from disk?

TFM

TFM of FutureSoft

TFM

Hi all!
Which foreground and background color would you like to see for the Desktop / OS?
(Usually background is black and foreground is white, but some people may get blind ;-))
TFM of FutureSoft

beaker

I'm old fashioned, green on black - also it probably helps reduce the burn in on my plasma  :laugh:

TFM

TFM of FutureSoft

Gryzor

Soylen green on pink slime.

(but indeed, green on black sounds cool. Does the palette have something resembling the phosphor orange/yellow of old when on black?)

Sykobee (Briggsy)

Could it be configurable?

Black on pink!

TFM

Yes, you can easily change the colors using the "Set Colors" (English) or "Farben set." (German) utility on the system disc. See picture below.
Well, I'm just asking because I think about changing the default colors... but to what? Guess I shall integrate a kind of "user bugging" for the installation process. Maybe I can do a kind of "quick installation" and a "user defined installation" in which the user gets bugged by much questions... Just thinking...

TFM of FutureSoft

Gryzor

Ohhh look at that rainbow! That's what I want the main screen to look like!

TFM

To make the main screen a bit similar, do the following:
- Start FutureOS with RSX command !OS
- Click the MON(itor) icon
- Press D for "dump"
- Enter the address B9FF and press Return
- Press E for edit (a cursor becomes visible)
- Now press Copy, then enter the value FF, and press Return
- Press ESC to leave monitor and X to return to the Destop
- Now you should see something...
TFM of FutureSoft

TFM

Hi there! Now a ROManager for FutureOS with support for the MegaFlashGordon device using the SST39SF040 Flash chip is available at FutureOS - The revolutionary UltraOS for the CPC6128 and CPCPlus (see download section).
TFM of FutureSoft

TFM

The installation disc of FutureOS has been updated and supports now also FlashGordon and MegaFlash EX. Download at FutureOS - The revolutionary UltraOS for the CPC6128 and CPCPlus
TFM of FutureSoft

TFM

The spring is there, time for the new advertisments!
Der Frühling ist da, Zeit für die neuen Werbetafeln!
TFM of FutureSoft

Gryzor

Hahaha I should do one for the wiki :D

Devilmarkus

Don't forget the TFM FutureOS Research Center!

[attach=2]
When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

Bryce

No joke. That guy in the deckchair single-handedly wrote the entire disk routines and the cow on the right is an expert in user interfaces. :D

Bryce.

MaV

I can see that they are also doing research on new specially designed FOS rubber drive belts to give the disk loading that extra bit of speed.
Black Mesa Transit Announcement System:
"Work safe, work smart. Your future depends on it."

TFM

That's what's called soft research ;-) Soft as rubber ;-)
TFM of FutureSoft

Devilmarkus

Later, when they found fire, they modified it to Burnin' Rubber...
But that's a different story what should be told in another age.
When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

TFM

Yeah in Future... or maybe in Atari Age  ;)
TFM of FutureSoft

Bryce

Quote from: Devilmarkus on 23:28, 04 April 13
Later, when they found fire, they modified it to Burnin' Rubber...
But that's a different story what should be told in another age.

That was later, when Winnie Mandela was consulting them :D

Bryce.