News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

FutureOS corner

Started by TFM, 05:12, 01 October 10

Previous topic - Next topic

TFM

Hmmm... color switching maybe doesn't bring you far enough.
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

AMSDOS

Quote from: TFM/FS on 19:23, 29 July 13
Hmmm... color switching maybe doesn't bring you far enough.

Not sure what you mean? The effect should be similar to a Snow Simulation shouldn't it? In terms of Speed, that works well in BASIC programs - so will be even better when compiled.
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3

TFM

Maybe I miss the point. Give it a try  :)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

AMSDOS

Well this program that Devilmarkus wrote was the kind of thing I was thinking of:

10 RANDOMIZE 2011:MODE 0:FOR t=0 TO 15:INK t,0:NEXT:INK 1,26:INK 2,9:INK 3,18
20 k=20:FOR x=0 TO 640 STEP 4:p=RND*2:PLOT x,0,2:DRAW x,20+k+p:PLOT x,20+p+k,1:DRAW x,22+p+k:IF x>300 AND x<600 THEN k=k+0.25 ELSE IF x<150 THEN k=k-0.5
30 pf=INT(RND*2011):IF pf>500 THEN GOTO 60 ELSE IF pe<4 THEN pe=4
40 g=INT(RND*8)+1:FOR y=400 TO 22+p+k STEP -g:PLOT x+RND*16,y,pe:y=y-RND*8:pe=pe+1:IF pe > 15 THEN pe=4
50 NEXT y
60 FOR l=0 TO RND*4:PLOT x,RND*(18+p+k),(RND*1)+2:NEXT:NEXT
70 a=4+s:FOR t=4 TO 15:IF t=a THEN INK t,26 ELSE INK t,0
80 NEXT:CALL &BD19:s=s+1:IF s>11 THEN s=0
90 GOTO 70

Your Computer Programs

TFM

Ah, I see! That's a great program and idea too :)

Well, I try to explain what I did mean before. I had the following in mind:
1. Clear Screen
2. Plot stars all over the screen, save their coordinates.
3. Plot Space-Ship
4. FRAME
5. Delete all stars, by plotting a dot with PEN 0 over it.
6. Delete Space-Ship
7. alter coordinates of Stars
7. alter coordinates of Space-Ship
8. Go To 2. for next round (use new coordinates of course)
9. Have a good meal! [nb]It's 12:06 here, see you later ;-)[/nb]

But the color cycling thing is a wonderful idea too [nb]Which can't be done on a PC in a similar way ;-)[/nb]
TFM of FutureSoft

AMSDOS

Quote from: TFM/FS on 18:07, 31 July 13
Ah, I see! That's a great program and idea too :)

Well, I try to explain what I did mean before. I had the following in mind:
1. Clear Screen
2. Plot stars all over the screen, save their coordinates.
3. Plot Space-Ship
4. FRAME
5. Delete all stars, by plotting a dot with PEN 0 over it.
6. Delete Space-Ship
7. alter coordinates of Stars
7. alter coordinates of Space-Ship
8. Go To 2. for next round (use new coordinates of course)
9. Have a good meal! [nb]It's 12:06 here, see you later ;-)[/nb]

But the color cycling thing is a wonderful idea too [nb]Which can't be done on a PC in a similar way ;-)[/nb]

There's an example of one of those starfields, which only works after it's been converted into Assembly with CPC BASIC. I tried writing my own, but always gives me a headache.

Your Computer Programs

AMSDOS

Okay, I've made two new programs in Small-C which take advantage of the new FIOLIB, the first is an update of the Bouncy Ball Program which I've had running using Different Languages and Operating System and the Second is an update of the Starscrl program that I've been doing the same things with, only this time I'm not rolling the screen to move the starfield, so things are a lot smoother now. Didn't need a frame for this version.

Your Computer Programs

TFM

Oh WoW!!! The Star-Scroller is perfectly smooth and no flicker at all!!!! GREAT WORK!!!

EDIT: Bouncy is fun too, and has nice speed. Maybe a FRAME directly before moving the ball would be nice (But I only watched it quick with an emulator).

Great Sunday present. Thanks  :) :) :)
TFM of FutureSoft

AMSDOS

Quote from: TFM on 04:03, 19 August 13EDIT: Bouncy is fun too, and has nice speed. Maybe a FRAME directly before moving the ball would be nice (But I only watched it quick with an emulator).

Thanks, I don't have Internet at the moment at Home, so I may take a while to respond.  :(

What I was thinking about doing with that Bouncy Demo was use the Starfield from Starscrl and make it look as if the Stars are moving around & Behind the Square, just to make it look like the Square is moving as well. :)

Your Computer Programs

TFM

Replaced the word "load" by "start" in the Read.me (plus one small correction), else it could be misleading for inexperienced users.

TFM of FutureSoft

TFM

Dear friends of FutureOS and everybody who has interest...

You may know CBM, the framework for FutureOS applications (it is used in a variety of recent releases). It provides a text based UI for whatever you like to use it.

Up to now it was controlled by the joysticks, cursor keys and copy.

During the last week I had a bit of time and so I added "Hotkeys". Please take a look and comment if you like. I just finished working on it, had no time to test it, so no guarantee that everything works as is shall do.

Especially texts in Spanish, French and so on need a check  ;)

Please remember this is a framework, not an finished application!

Start the file "-C." under FutureOS and you see...

TFM of FutureSoft

TFM

Any comments? Last chance!
TFM of FutureSoft

TFM

Ok, so the version 1.8 is out now :D

http://futureos.cpc-live.com/files/CBM.zip

Biggest new feature is to be able to use hot keys.

TFM of FutureSoft

steve

Quote from: TFM on 21:26, 24 March 14
Any comments? Last chance!

I Googled CBM and one of the results was "cognitive behaviour modification", do you have a super secret submarine base where you are putting into action your plan to take over the world. :o ;D

TFM

Oh man! Always this whistle blowing! Now I need a new plan...  :laugh:
TFM of FutureSoft

TFM

Hi Guys,

I saw that awesome video about the super CPC running SymbOS and FutureOS. The narrator inspired me to overwork the FutureOS Installer. (BTW it needs 128 KB of course).

So here it is. But untested, and this is where you join the game.  ;)

Please test the installer with various expansions and let me know if it works and what do you miss.

Any comments are welcome :)

Greets,
TFM

TFM of FutureSoft

TFM

Some updates.... because I lack time to do much on CPC right now...

- Space Chicken on my homepage (but in save / load highscores, will correct soon, new mini gfx in Level 4)
- New Installer on my homepage
TFM of FutureSoft

TFM

Space Chicken for FutureOS

http://futureos.cpc-live.com/files/Space_Chicken.zip

Direct download, for free  :)

TFM of FutureSoft

TFM

Yes, indeed!  ;)

25 years ago I started work on FutureOS and no end is in sight.  :)

Here I want to thank all the people who supported me doing so and provided some input and motivation for the project. Thanks to all of YOU!!!  :)   :)   :) 
TFM of FutureSoft

TFM

Hi!

Well, I overworked the interface of ROManager. Please let me know what you think about it. Especially if you want some hotkeys to be changed.

The program can be started with clicking at file "-R" and then click at the RUN icon. It's assembled for the FlashGordon. You can also change a parameter in the source file "ROM.MAX" and then assemble with MAXAM for the MegaFlash.

EDIT: Sorry, I forgot to mention, that this is the FutureOS version. After polishing it I will make the Firmware version / ROM version too. Not for that I need your input and ideas!

Any comments are welcome,
TFM
TFM of FutureSoft

Bryce

Quote from: TFM on 17:49, 12 May 14
Hi!

Well, I overworked the interface of ROManager. Please let me know what you think about it. Especially if you want some hotkeys to be changed.

The program can be started with clicking at file "-R" and then click at the RUN icon. It's assembled for the FlashGordon. You can also change a parameter in the source file "ROM.MAX" and then assemble with MAXAM for the MegaFlash.

Any comments are welcome,
TFM

Can you upload the MegaFlash version?

Bryce.

TFM

Quote from: Bryce on 20:06, 12 May 14
Can you upload the MegaFlash version?

Bryce.

Sure, (after I did most of this days work). Here it is. Also start file "-R".  :)

TFM of FutureSoft

Bryce

Cool, thanks, I'll give it a go at the weekend :)

Bryce.

TFM

Great! Awaiting your comments.

TFM of FutureSoft

TFM

The first German Cyber Chicken Fanclub has formed... (WoW! That's a surprise)[nb]There may be some irony in this post.[/nb]
TFM of FutureSoft