News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

FutureOS corner

Started by TFM, 05:12, 01 October 10

Previous topic - Next topic

Devilmarkus

Nice pic...
Is the name in the filename your female fan?
*wow* at least one :D ;)
When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

TFM

Well, I don't know her in person, but a fan. Yes, obviously :D

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Gryzor

Can you also share a ROM version of the manager for MegaFlash?

Strange thing, I went to take a look with WinApe and this happened:

[attachimg=1]

TFM

The ROManager 1.8 is at the moment only for FutureOS. I await some comments / critics about the hotkeys.

One problem is for example that I can't use the letter "g" or "G" because it is Fire 1 on Joysick 2.

After people comment (or not) I will transfer the updated parts to the ROManager for the native CPC OS and subsequently also make a new ROM. The latter one is a bit time consuming due to the compression I need to do. Therefore I want to eliminate bugs before I do all that.

Will keep you updated.  :)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Nilquader

Quote from: TFM on 03:46, 25 April 14
Space Chicken for FutureOS

http://futureos.cpc-live.com/files/Space_Chicken.zip
The title screen looks great, but when i try to start the game,  i see just garbage on the screen. Did someone already manage to start this game?
--
Nilquader of SPRING
http://www.nilquader.net/

TFM

Probably you have a bad disc. Use a Maxell or Panasonic 3" disc (and check with BD04 before).

You also can run the game using an emulator.

TFM of FutureSoft

Nilquader

Starting the game on the emulator does the same. Starting "--RUN-ME" has no effect, "-CYBER-" displays the title screen followed by garbage. I've attached a screen shot for you.
--
Nilquader of SPRING

TFM

Quote from: Nilquader on 21:10, 19 May 14
Starting the game on the emulator does the same. Starting "--RUN-ME" has no effect, "-CYBER-" displays the title screen followed by garbage. I've attached a screen shot for you.

Of course you have to start "--RUN-ME" and no other file, that's self explaining. I can't reproduce any error. Everything runs fine here. I even downloaded it four times to check.

You know that this game is for FutureOS right?

You need 128 KB of RAM.

TFM of FutureSoft

Nilquader

I've tried the german version of the game on a CPC 6128, HxC Floppy Emulator and F-OS .7. When I start "--RUN-ME" the screen goes black for a fraction of a second, and then I'm back in the menu.
--
Nilquader of SPRING

TFM

Hmmmm..... maybe your FutureOS is outdated. Please download and install the new system .8 from FutureOS - The revolutionary UltraOS for the CPC6128 and CPCPlus:)  Then installer works also with MegaFlash NG.  :)

And now Horray!!! Just got visitor #40000 on the FutureOS homepage!  :) :) :)
TFM of FutureSoft

TFM

@Nilquader : Did you get it running?
TFM of FutureSoft

Nilquader

Yes - FOS .8 was the one I needed. I haven't tried it before, because it was stated as "Preview". Scored 2670 on my first try - not bad....

--
Nilquader of SPRING

TFM

Great score!!! Glad to hear that you got it running.  :)

Well, yes, system .8 is called "preview" because I want to integrate some functionality before I move on to system .9 which I like to consider as final release. But of course this will take some time. Therefore it's called FutureOS  ;)

EDIT: To explain the problem.... system .8 has further expanded memory management features compared to system .7. This could have caused the trouble.

TFM of FutureSoft

TFM

Hi! When using lots of ROMs and you need to squeeze out the last bytes of the system, then you can change the first byte of FutureOS ROMs B, C and D from &01 to &02. This will save you four bytes of RAM per ROM, so 12 bytes all together.

Why do I cry about 12 bytes? Well, in another thread people encountered the phenomenon that a bigger number of expansion ROMs use up too much RAM and therefore make trouble.

TFM of FutureSoft

TFM

Hi!

Thanks to information from SyX I got the automatic Installer for FutureOS working for the great X-MEM. The position of the ROMs can be freely chosen :-)

Here the DSK in German, other languages as soon as done. (Ideas and critiques welcome).

TFM of FutureSoft

TFM

And here the English version... (French is up next)...

TFM of FutureSoft

Gryzor

Oh, nice! Automatic installers are really great :)

TFM

Thanks. I do what I can.  :)  Sorry, for the delay... here is the French version...

(Actually it contains English texts, but the ROMs are French. If one can do a translation of the texts of the installer into French, please do and post/email).

Enjoy!

TFM of FutureSoft

TFM

Please don't use the Autoinstaller for the X-MEM with SST Flash, I will provide an update soon. The Autoinstaller currently works only with the X-MEM which contains the Winbond Flash chip.

EDIT: If you have the X-MEM with SST chip you can use the Autoinstaller for the FlashGordon device :-)
TFM of FutureSoft

TFM

I took a bit a time today and compiled a page for Wallpapers...

Wallpaper - CPCWiki
TFM of FutureSoft

TFM

If you have a nice pic for a wallpaper you can post it here and I make a wallpaper out of it. But be aware that the result will be displayed in Mode 2 and a square format  :)
TFM of FutureSoft

TFM

Hi guys,

You may have seen Space Chicken (April 2014):
http://futureos.cpc-live.com/files/Space_Chicken.zip

Well, I did all that on an emulator, and on them it works well. Now I saw that if I switch the songs on during the game and return back to the main menu the sound is screwed up.

It this a problem of my 60 Hz USA CTM644 or a problem of the game.

Can you please start the game, then switch the sound on (press 4 for options menu, then 2 for sound adjustment). And finally please tell me if the sound is crazy after you played a game. It's enough to start a game and end it with ESC and then hear what it sounds like.

Please help!

EDIT: Forget it. JavaCPC can simulate the problem. All other Emus do it fine, but reality and JavaCPC are different. So I can trace the bug using JavaCPC.

TFM of FutureSoft

TFM

Any wishes? Let me know right here and now (or very soon).  :)
TFM of FutureSoft

Gryzor

Quote from: TFM on 19:51, 13 August 14
I took a bit a time today and compiled a page for Wallpapers...

Wallpaper - CPCWiki

NSFW warning :)

Nice collection, but they're not really wallpapers if they include cursors and icons?

TFM

Quote from: Gryzor on 13:51, 28 August 14

NSFW warning :)

Nice collection, but they're not really wallpapers if they include cursors and icons?

No, they don't include them, I just made a screen dump after loading them. So one can see how they look like when get used in the Desktop. I still search for a nice combination of colors. But 2 are not that much.
TFM of FutureSoft