News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

How to Make?

Started by DoctorCPC, 23:22, 05 June 21

Previous topic - Next topic

DoctorCPC

Hello Dear CPC Fans,
I am good at C programming language. Unfortunately, I don't know about assembly. I want to demo with C programming language. I have read several documents on this subject. Do you have any recommendations for demo with the c programming language? Or would it be wrong to try to demo with the C programming language? As a result, it will be necessary to write an assembly routine. It may be difficult for me to learn z80 assembly at this age. waiting for your advice.
My Amstrad Products: Amstrad CPC 464, Amstrad CPC 6128, Schneider CPC 6128, Amstrad NC 100, Amstrad HiFi EX330, Amstrad Fidelity CKX100 Music Keyboard, Amstrad Penpad 600, Amstrad Emailer Plus, Amstrad E3 Emailer, Amstrad VCR Programmable Remote Control, Amstrad DVD/Divx Player, Amstrad GT 65, Schneider CTM640

CPC Hardware: USIFACII, M4Wifi, ZMEM, MotherX4, GOTEK, PS2 Mouse Adapter, RSF3 (Soon), DES Mini (Soon)
PCW Hardware: GOTEK, PCWIO, uIDE (Soon), uRTC (Soon)

Editor-In-Chief / ACUC Magazine - Amstrad CPC User Club Magazine (Soon)
www.dizzyradio.com  / Amstrad CPC, Commodore 64, Amiga and Other Home Computer's Musics
www.cpcuserclub.com / +90 555 498 36 55 for adding WhatsApp Group

asertus

Using C you can do a lot of stuff. You can avoid assembler, at the beginning, by using one of the existing CPC frameworks and libraries, cpctelera, cpcrslib.. that are very good for game development.

But maybe for an impacting demo you will need to use assembler...

m_dr_m

Great! That's so inspiring to see CPC beginners !

Z80 is easy to learn at any age, all the most with C experience you should have a proper model of memory & pointers :)

If you don't wish to install anything, you can cheat and try here: https://rasmlive.amstrad.info/
There are tons of examples, from simple rasters to whole games!

DoctorCPC

I think you're right, but I'll look into the c and cpc libraries first. I will do something with them myself. Then I will research the z80 issue. I've never left cpc, but I've always been programming with basic. In 1992, when I was in the 2nd grade of primary school, I attended the BASIC program course. the course was basic programming course with amstrad cpc. but I couldn't find the time to go into programming. but i will try again.
My Amstrad Products: Amstrad CPC 464, Amstrad CPC 6128, Schneider CPC 6128, Amstrad NC 100, Amstrad HiFi EX330, Amstrad Fidelity CKX100 Music Keyboard, Amstrad Penpad 600, Amstrad Emailer Plus, Amstrad E3 Emailer, Amstrad VCR Programmable Remote Control, Amstrad DVD/Divx Player, Amstrad GT 65, Schneider CTM640

CPC Hardware: USIFACII, M4Wifi, ZMEM, MotherX4, GOTEK, PS2 Mouse Adapter, RSF3 (Soon), DES Mini (Soon)
PCW Hardware: GOTEK, PCWIO, uIDE (Soon), uRTC (Soon)

Editor-In-Chief / ACUC Magazine - Amstrad CPC User Club Magazine (Soon)
www.dizzyradio.com  / Amstrad CPC, Commodore 64, Amiga and Other Home Computer's Musics
www.cpcuserclub.com / +90 555 498 36 55 for adding WhatsApp Group