General Category > Programming

How to Transfer ROMS to rom board from cpr file, for ALCON, future os,spacem etc

<< < (2/5) > >>

GUNHED:

--- Quote from: ikonsgr on 19:30, 18 October 21 ---tried so far, ALCON2020, SpaceM, Klax, FutureOS.

--- End quote ---
To install FutureOS on an EPROM card it's important to recognize that the ROM numbers are fixed. The installer DSK allows to adapt the ROM numbers. Then you can burn the data on EPROMs and use it.

For the Cartridge of FutureOS the ROM numbers are also fixed. In addition it does use features of the 6128plus. So it will not run on the regular CPC6128.

Let me help if I can help any further.  :) :) :)

abalore:
Hello,

Alcon2020 and my game compilations use the ROM number range &80 - &9F
So, it needs your ROM board to translate these numbers to the range &00-&1F in order to work. That should be easy, just ignoring the most significant bit.

That said, to make Alcon2020 work you need to map the slot &00 to lower and the rest to upper. That simple.
Regards,Abalore

andycadley:
Cb00 is only the Lower ROM, CB01 is Upper ROM 0 and CB02 is Upper ROM 7.

The mapping to ROM0 and ROM7 was really only intended to support the standard BASIC cartridge for running in backcompat mode. It's probably necessary for a lot of the third party cartridge conversions though (which will have copies of the system ROMs in them to make them work)

It's not impossible for a "real" Plus cart to use these mappings too, but I'd say it's unlikely. The Lower ROM mapping is more important in that regard since it is enabled and paged in when the system starts so will contain cartridge startup code. After that you can use RMR2 to map a wider selection of ROMs as the Lower ROM (and move the location of the Lower ROM should you choose)

ikonsgr:

--- Quote from: abalore on 17:14, 19 October 21 ---Hello,

Alcon2020 and my game compilations use the ROM number range &80 - &9F
So, it needs your ROM board to translate these numbers to the range &00-&1F in order to work. That should be easy, just ignoring the most significant bit.

That said, to make Alcon2020 work you need to map the slot &00 to lower and the rest to upper. That simple.
Regards,Abalore

--- End quote ---
That's really straight forward!  :) Only one clarification: since cb00 should be mapped as lower rom 0, and all others (cb01, cb02 etc) as upper roms (1-31), this means that upper rom 0 is not used? Or maybe i need to map cb00 to upper rom too?

ikonsgr:

--- Quote from: andycadley on 13:53, 20 October 21 ---Cb00 is only the Lower ROM, CB01 is Upper ROM 0 and CB02 is Upper ROM 7.

--- End quote ---
Ok, but since cb01 should respond to ROM 0, what about upper rom 1? Should i use cb01 too? In 2 words, should i need to "Mirror" map cb01 to upper ROM 0 AND upper ROM1 ?
Also, if i need to map cb02 to ROM7 then where should i map cb07 if it exists too?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version