News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu
B

Laser BASIC

Started by Benjamin Williams, 16:35, 25 April 11

Previous topic - Next topic

Benjamin Williams

Does anyone have a manual for Laser BASIC?  I remember not understanding it very well as a kid.  Would love to revisit it!

TomEtJerry

Hello,

Go to http://www.cpc-power.com and in the field "Recherche rapide" (fast search), type "Laser Basic".
You can find there a complete scanned manual of this tool.

Surprisingly, there is not the compiler on this site, although I was thinking to have given it to Kukulcan...
I suppose it will be available soon :-).

T&J/GPA

arnoldemu

welcome Benjamin Williams!
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

Gryzor

Devilmarkus

Perhaps interesting: (Found on Ebay Germany)
http://cgi.ebay.de/LaserBasic-Compiler-Amstrad-Schneider-CPC-464-ua-/140539472962

Sadly I cannot bet on it :( But when someone from this forum gets it, perhaps he could scan the book?
When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

TomEtJerry

Hello,

The Laser compiler page has been updated on cpc-power. Now, you can find there the french and english documentation, OCRed as text files.

http://www.cpc-power.com/index.php?page=detail&num=6477

Enjoy !

T&J/GPA

rpalmer

Hello all,

I currently have a photocopied version of the laser basic manual.
I also have an old scanner which works from the parallel port, but have not installed the software (as i have misplaced the CD for it).

rpalmer

Devilmarkus

Try googling around for a twain driver (scanner)... just try the name of your scanner + driver ;)
When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

robcfg

You can find the ocr'ed Laser Genius and Laser Basic Compiler manuals here in the wiki. Cpcmaniaco and I are working on the laser basic manual but it is a ton of pages to scan. I'm thinking on buying a scanner with document feed to ease the process. Anyone knows of one of these?

Gryzor

How big is it? If you would mail it to me I'd scan it myself (and *possibly* mail it back :D )...

AMSDOS

Quote from: Gryzor on 11:23, 26 April 11
Ditto :)

Not much for one when it comes to Guday's  :(  Though I love to welcome new Guests!  ;D
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3

Nich

Quote from: rpalmer on 21:44, 26 April 11
I currently have a photocopied version of the laser basic manual.

Really? I recall that the manual was printed on blue paper which was supposed to be very difficult to photocopy. ;)

benw

Thanks TomEtJerry for the link and everyone else for the warm welcome.  Nich - I do remember my manual being black on blue to make it difficult to photocopy and the scan I have downloaded is coloured this way.