News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Migration of Cpcrslib to Cpctelera

Started by Arnaud, 09:26, 21 August 15

Previous topic - Next topic

AugustoRuiz

That's a bug... I've corrected it and uploaded the code to Img2CPC's github. I hope it will be included in next version of cpctelera...

Thanks!

Arnaud

Quote from: AugustoRuiz on 16:43, 23 September 15
That's a bug... I've corrected it and uploaded the code to Img2CPC's github. I hope it will be included in next version of cpctelera...

Thanks!

Great !
Now i'm waiting CPCTelera 1.2.4  ;)

Arnaud

I have a little request, in tile generation is it possible to have the name of the files with the same number of digit.

Exemple if generation of 50 files :
monster_01.bin
monster_50.bin

Thanks

AugustoRuiz

Yes, I'll give it a go.

Cheers!

Arnaud

Cpctelera suggestion.

Hello,
today i have coded the visual effect of the light torch as seen in Zombi.

In order to draw this effect i have created a sprite with mask, but the sprite is rather large (260*100) and take a lot of in memory (13Kb but i have compressed it to solve the memory problem).

But instead of using a mask, i could use a draw function with AND like in Cpcrslib with the function cpc_PutSpXOR.

I could do nice visual effects with a function like cpct_drawSpriteAND and reduce my need of memory.

In cpctelera 1.3.0 maybe ?
;)

ronaldo

Yes, of course. AND and XOR draw sprite functions are waiting their time on the task list. They will take a little bit (as I'm extremely busy now) but will be there in the end :).

However, you have another interesting option: cpct_drawSpriteMaskedAlignedTable. This function is designed to use a 256-byte mask table instead of interlacing the mask with the sprite data. With this, you only use 256 bytes of mask for all your masked sprites. The only problem with it is that you require sprites and table to be 256-byte aligned in memory. Also, sprites cannot be greater than 256 bytes (512/1024/2048 total pixels on modes 0, 1, 2 & 3). You may consider this option for your sprite (you'll require to split it into subsprites). The example advanced/maskSpritesAligned shows how to use this function.

Arnaud

OK, i'll see the example it seems a good solution.

Thanks.