News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

My roguelike in BASIC

Started by PAQUITO, 11:42, 03 October 19

Previous topic - Next topic

PAQUITO

Ok, new update!
I´ve been in the verge of throwing my computer out the window because of a bug where an enemy resurrected for no apparent reason, and only sometimes. It really broke my peace of mind, bu finally I ended up locating the problem in the code and it´s fixed! :)
So, in this release I implemented critical hits (5% chance of doubling the damage in each attack), leveling up of the character (right now you level up after each stage, but I must set up an experience points goal to reach for this to happen in next updates). Also, there is a little "push" animation in each attack, both por player and enemies.
Download link in the first post.

PAQUITO

No updates this weekend, guys.I´m really busy with my new website and another stuff. But for now, I´m using this sunday night for copying the Ghosts N Goblins font with the all-powerful Art Studio :)

PAQUITO

By the way... How can I use my mouse?
I have created an AMX mouse, but it doesn´t seem to work. What am I supposed to do?

VincentGR

Technically nothing, it acts like a joystick.

PAQUITO

One more thing: How do I load the font file? (*.fnt)I remember loading it using some HIMEM expression... but how exactly was it?

PAQUITO

I´m happy! :)
I spent this sunday evening coding a new type of enemy. It´s a "chaser/shooter". Another skeleton, but with bow and arrows. He will chase you until finding a clear shooting line. If there is a chance for him to shoot, he will, otherwise he will just stand still until getting a clear line (or will continue chasing you if you get out from his shooting line).So... a really funny exercise that makes me feel really proud of my coding. May sound silly, but I feel it like that lol.
Find the download link in the first post.