News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Retro Game Asset Studio BETA

Started by lachlank, 03:12, 05 May 12

Previous topic - Next topic

lachlank

Quote from: EgoTrip on 10:52, 09 August 16
It wont open older projects.
Hi, I've tried to be careful to keep it backwards compatible, would you be able to send me your file so I can have a look? Email lachlankeown at gmail cheers

fgbrain

QuoteHi, I haven't got an XP machine to try it on, but it should work OK. Most likely .Net framework 4.0 is not installed, see here to install: Installing the .NET Framework 4 on Windows XP | .NET Blog

Sorry.. I applied ALL updates of the page you linked, restarted PC etc but I get exactly the same message... :o
_____

6128 (UK keyboard, Crtc type 0/2), 6128+ (UK keyboard), 3.5" and 5.25" drives, Reset switch and Digiblaster (selfmade), Inicron Romram box, Bryce Megaflash, SVideo & PS/2 mouse, , Magnum Lightgun, X-MEM, X4 Board, C4CPC, Multiface2 X4, RTC X4 and Gotek USB Floppy emulator.

lachlank

Quote from: fgbrain on 23:31, 09 August 16
Sorry.. I applied ALL updates of the page you linked, restarted PC etc but I get exactly the same message... :o
Weird... I'll try and find an XP VM to run it on. Perhaps try running as administrator if not already??

lachlank

Quote from: fgbrain on 10:32, 09 August 16
Is it only me? When I run latest  RGAS.EXE I get this error:  (win XP)
Hello, I managed to run up a Windows XP vm to test with, and you are right it doesn't work for some weird reason. This is related to the post-build merge I run, which merges all the .dlls into the .exe to make it a nice clean single file.

If you download, unzip, and run the attached it should work OK under XP.

EgoTrip

Here's another suggestion:

Could you add an option to export palette to code, being able to choose between both firmware and hardware values?

jjaranda13

hi morri

i am jose javier (8BP creator), i will start to translate the manual to english. Although english is more popular, i wanted to share the documentation first in spanish because a lot of times  spanish people do not have quality documentation in their language. I suffer it when i was younger (and worse in english).

However, now 8BP is very complete. it is time to translate the documentation to english (even other languages) . I will do

if someone wants to help, is welcome

regards

Morri

Hi @jjaranda13
I actually took the liberty of using a translating tool to translate the manual into english just this weekend. I've uploaded it to here.

Perhaps you could have a read through and make sure it has been translated correctly.

Your project 8bp looks extremely interesting and I am looking forward to one day having a go at learning how to use it. If I get the chance and time, I would love to make a game with it.

I think you need to open a new thread here and maybe share what 8bp is capable of, and to take questions etc...

Cheers,
Keeping it Kiwi since 1977

jjaranda13

great!!!

i am reading your translations and i am making corrections. As an starting point it is really good

after a first initial review, i will upload it at github, in order to provide a english "draft" translation, but i will refine it untill become perfect

i will open a thread as you have suggested

thanks a lot, Morris!

jjaranda13

hi

8BP first draft english version uploaded to github GitHub - jjaranda13/8BP: 8 bits de poder ( 8 bits of power)

thread created
8BP

regards

a13x15

Hi,
not sure if this is the right place to post this.

I have some problems running RGAS under linux (ubuntu 16.04 desktop, i3 wm) with mono. It runs just fine the first time, but if I close and open it again I get:

System.Xml.XmlException: Unexpected XML declaration. The XML declaration must be the first node in the document, and no white space characters are allowed to appear before it. Line 11, position 9.
  at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw (System.Exception e) <0xb149a9c0 + 0x0007f> in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw (System.String res, System.String arg) <0xb144cc70 + 0x0009b> in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParsePI (System.Text.StringBuilder piInDtdStringBuilder) <0xb144c6f8 + 0x0011b> in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParsePI () <0xb144c6c8 + 0x0001b> in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElementContent () <0xb412a498 + 0x000b3> in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read () <0xb70bc2e0 + 0x00043> in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read () <0xb70bc2c0 + 0x00016> in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Xml.XmlWriter.WriteNode (System.Xml.XmlReader reader, Boolean defattr) <0xb4131288 + 0x002fb> in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Xml.XmlReader.ReadOuterXml () <0xb41306b8 + 0x00146> in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Configuration.SectionInfo.ReadData (System.Configuration.Configuration config, System.Xml.XmlReader reader, Boolean overrideAllowed) <0xb4130220 + 0x0025b> in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Configuration.SectionGroupInfo.ReadContent (System.Xml.XmlReader reader, System.Configuration.Configuration config, Boolean overrideAllowed, Boolean root) <0xb412fbe8 + 0x002a1> in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Configuration.SectionGroupInfo.ReadData (System.Configuration.Configuration config, System.Xml.XmlReader reader, Boolean overrideAllowed) <0xb4134218 + 0x0005b> in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Configuration.SectionGroupInfo.ReadContent (System.Xml.XmlReader reader, System.Configuration.Configuration config, Boolean overrideAllowed, Boolean root) <0xb412fbe8 + 0x002a1> in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Configuration.SectionGroupInfo.ReadRootData (System.Xml.XmlReader reader, System.Configuration.Configuration config, Boolean overrideAllowed) <0xb412fb98 + 0x0003f> in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Configuration.Configuration.ReadConfigFile (System.Xml.XmlReader reader, System.String fileName) <0xb70bbfd0 + 0x001c7> in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Configuration.Configuration.Load () <0xb70b7a28 + 0x000f3> in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Configuration.Configuration.Init (IConfigSystem system, System.String configPath, System.Configuration.Configuration parent) <0xb70b7550 + 0x0017b> in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Configuration.Configuration..ctor (System.Configuration.InternalConfigurationSystem system, System.String locationSubPath) <0xb70b6da0 + 0x0012b> in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Configuration.InternalConfigurationFactory.Create (System.Type typeConfigHost, System.Object[] hostInitConfigurationParams) <0xb70b62f8 + 0x0006b> in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.OpenMappedExeConfiguration (System.Configuration.ExeConfigurationFileMap fileMap, ConfigurationUserLevel userLevel) <0xb144c4e8 + 0x000a4> in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Configuration.CustomizableFileSettingsProvider.LoadProperties (System.Configuration.ExeConfigurationFileMap exeMap, System.Configuration.SettingsPropertyCollection collection, ConfigurationUserLevel level, System.String sectionGroupName, Boolean allowOverwrite, System.String groupName) <0xb144c118 + 0x0003b> in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Configuration.CustomizableFileSettingsProvider.GetPropertyValues (System.Configuration.SettingsContext context, System.Configuration.SettingsPropertyCollection collection) <0xb14ea4a0 + 0x00183> in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Configuration.LocalFileSettingsProvider.GetPropertyValues (System.Configuration.SettingsContext context, System.Configuration.SettingsPropertyCollection properties) <0xb14ea478 + 0x00021> in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.CacheValuesByProvider (System.Configuration.SettingsProvider provider) <0xb14e9f78 + 0x001f5> in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.GetPropertyValue (System.String propertyName) <0xb14e9d30 + 0x0006f> in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.get_Item (System.String propertyName) <0xb14e9ca0 + 0x00043> in <filename unknown>:0
  at RGAS.My.MySettings.get_FormSettings () <0xb14e9c50 + 0x00019> in <filename unknown>:0
  at RGAS.BaseForm.BaseForm_Load (System.Object sender, System.EventArgs e) <0xb1478230 + 0x00037> in <filename unknown>:0
  at (wrapper delegate-invoke) <Module>:invoke_void_object_EventArgs (object,System.EventArgs)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad (System.EventArgs e) <0xb14780b8 + 0x00062> in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoadInternal (System.EventArgs e) <0xb1477e90 + 0x00078> in <filename unknown>:0

In my case deleting the file ~/.local/share/RGAS.exe_Url_66945a5eacd08a9182e6ef7e164e5561cc1e6834/user.config (the actual hash will depend on the RGAS executable path) allows me to run the program again.

Tried with both 1.2.2 (bundled with CPCTelera) and 1.2.5.

Anybody knows the proper way to fix this?

TIA

EDIT:

I forgot to include the offending file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<configuration>
  <configSections>
    <sectionGroup name="userSettings" type="System.Configuration.UserSettingsGroup, System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089">
      <section name="RGAS.My.MySettings" type="System.Configuration.ClientSettingsSection, System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" requ
irePermission="false" />
    </sectionGroup>
  </configSections>
  <userSettings><RGAS.My.MySettings>
  <setting name="RecentFiles" serializeAs="Xml">
    <value>
      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
<ArrayOfString xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3
.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" /></value>

Note the unescaped <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?> in RecentFiles's value.

lachlank

Hi, I would say you are spot-on correct that the <?xml  tag in the middle of the xml file is the issue. The question is, why is it getting written there? That user config file gets written automatically by the .Net Framework at application close (hence why you don't see the error first time), and read at app startup.

You are running Mono so I would have to say it looks like an issue with the way Mono is writing the config file. Last time I tested on Linux it ran fine, but I can't remember what version of Linux that was, or which version of Mono for that matter.

All I can suggest is that you try upgrading/downgrading Mono to a different version to see if it has been fixed.

Lachlan

Quote from: a13x15 on 18:19, 06 September 17
Hi,
not sure if this is the right place to post this.

I have some problems running RGAS under linux (ubuntu 16.04 desktop, i3 wm) with mono. It runs just fine the first time, but if I close and open it again I get:

a13x15

You are running Mono so I would have to say it looks like an issue with the way Mono is writing the config file.

Yes, it seems a mono issue. I have tried running RGAS with wine and I can open/close it without problems. Unfortunately under wine the toolbar icons disapear as I move the mouse pointer over them.

Thanks for taking the time to answer, and for RGAS.

Joseman

Hi

Anyone knows how to set the color transparent to ink 15 (for example) instead of 0? Rgas seems to generate always the lookup table for color 0!

Good program @lachlank by the way!

p.s.:maybe is a good option to generate the sprite with: mask,sprite data, mask, sprite data... for masked sprites?

Redbug

I like this application.
But don't work with mono on macOS catalina :(

Do you have a new version in the pipe ?
RedBug/Crazy Piri
Crazy Piri's productions are available on itch.io
AMSnews.fr, a new french information site about the Amstrad. Be the first to know.