News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

screens and modes

Started by cpc4eva, 10:30, 26 January 11

Previous topic - Next topic

fano

Quote from: sigh on 12:52, 29 January 11
Okay - I'll remember this. Thanks.

So even though using 8 colours would be less ram, it would actually be slower to use than 16 mode 0 or 4 mode 1?
Damn. I seem to be constantly failing every single time to find ways of reducing the amount of ram and cpu when handling modes.
Thanks for the info.
I think.4 colors would divide per 2 the size of graphics.If 3+transparent colors is not acceptable , a solution could be to split sprites in 4*8 mode 0 tiles and to use a 512 bytes aligned and interlaced table to convert bytes on the fly to 16 colors.You could take advantage of non masked parts and mask only when it is needed.
Anyway , closer is your rendering code from native CPC render format , faster it is.
"NOP" is the perfect program : short , fast and (known) bug free

Follow Easter Egg products on Facebook !

sigh

Quote from: fano on 13:04, 29 January 11
I think.4 colors would divide per 2 the size of graphics.If 3+transparent colors is not acceptable , a solution could be to split sprites in 4*8 mode 0 tiles and to use a 512 bytes aligned and interlaced table to convert bytes on the fly to 16 colors.You could take advantage of non masked parts and mask only when it is needed.
Anyway , closer is your rendering code from native CPC render format , faster it is.

That seems like an incredible amount of programming hassle :laugh: !

Thanks

fano

Why doing simple when you can make it complicated (this is my motto)  :laugh:

To help you a bit :
"NOP" is the perfect program : short , fast and (known) bug free

Follow Easter Egg products on Facebook !