News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

SNApshot Configuration File

Started by redbox, 17:09, 17 October 13

Previous topic - Next topic

redbox

Can anyone provide me with a SNApshot configuration file that sets up the CPC in a normal way?  Would like options for 464/664/6128/Plus if possible.

At the moment I've just got:

-s GA_PAL:0 0x44
-s GA_PAL:1 0x4a
-s GA_PAL:2 0x55
-s GA_PAL:3 0x4c
-s GA_PAL:16 0x44

-s Z80_PC 0xC000
-l myfile.bin 0x2000

...but I know it needs more for everything to initalise.

Also, is there a way to force the SNApshot to JumP to a certain point in memory (e.g. the file starts at #2000 but I'd like to jump to #4000 when it's loaded)?

redbox

I guess most people are using SNApshots backwards, i.e. compiling and running something on an emultor and then taking a SNApshot and sending it a real CPC to see if it works.

However, it would be nice to create your own SNApshot direct from compiled code for testing in an emulator OR a real CPC.  Targhan has mentioned it in his cross-development IDE article and it seems a good way to develop.

I've finally found some instructions for the CreateSnapshot tool so hopefully can work something out.

arnoldemu

Quote from: redbox on 17:20, 18 October 13
I guess most people are using SNApshots backwards, i.e. compiling and running something on an emultor and then taking a SNApshot and sending it a real CPC to see if it works.

However, it would be nice to create your own SNApshot direct from compiled code for testing in an emulator OR a real CPC.  Targhan has mentioned it in his cross-development IDE article and it seems a good way to develop.

I've finally found some instructions for the CreateSnapshot tool so hopefully can work something out.
I create a tape image and play it on the Cox. Mainly because the disc drives and keyboards are not so reliable now. If I ever get a hxc I would use that instead.
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

redbox

Quote from: arnoldemu on 19:50, 18 October 13
If I ever get a hxc I would use that instead.

I've got a HxC and it's great, but you have to write loaders etc if you want to use *all* of the CPC (not just safe areas).

With a SNApshot I could inject everything (even higher memory) and see if it runs without messing around with DSKs/Loaders/Sorting out everything everytime I want to change 2 bytes :)

My ideal is to have an IDE on the PC which compiles the code and sends it via my MiniBooster as a SNA to the CPC.  The CPC has a S-Video out back into my PC and basically I have a real CPC (in a Window) instead of an emulator  8)

But I'm making progress so will report back if it works.