News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

SymbOS network support development

Started by Prodatron, 20:33, 23 March 15

Previous topic - Next topic

Executioner

Quote from: KaosOverride on 13:54, 17 June 15
Also if someone wants to try with WZ5100 at the CPC we can join forces!!

Perhaps Bryce may have some ideas. I'd like some idea how it's going to work before I can implement emulation properly in WinAPE.

mr_lou

First, my apologies in advance.
I haven't read this whole thread, but even if I had I know I'll be asking stupid questions here anyway.

Is there any chance the MiniBooster can give us Internet access via bluetooth from a phone that works as a hotspot?

KaosOverride

I have received some Arduino mini boards for misc. uses (The i2c 2x16 text display emulation for Gotek for example) and I will try to use SPI to drive the Wiznet module. There are other SPI only Wiznet modules cheaper than the direct/indirect/SPI I have.

I will try to emulate the indirect mode to SPI, and use the AVR to cache the Wiznet. So when you set the offset counter (2 x I/O ports) the AVR will read the byte, and when you try to read the data I/O port it gives you the cached value, increments the offset counter and reads next. My hope is that most of the SPI work is done while the Z80 is between operations, the same for writing, catchs the value from CPC bus and push the SPI value. With some semaphore until completing SPI comm, if Z80 tries a new I/O, the AVR will send a Wait signal.

Also if the Wait becomes a bit abusive I can change the AVR's 16Mhz quartz to 20Mhz xD
KaosOverride · GitHub
MEGA Amstrad Public Amstrad folder

KaosOverride

Quote from: mr_lou on 05:33, 11 July 15
Is there any chance the MiniBooster can give us Internet access via bluetooth from a phone that works as a hotspot?

Oh yes. Sure if you have PPPD at the phone's bluetooth serial port if you use the cpcip for amsdos for example (there is a Booster patched version at Amstrad.es forum). I have HC-05 module with autolink to another HC-05 at my raspberry 1 gpio port's serial link, with PPPD pending to test by me. But other users have managed to link direct serial to USB from Minibooster to a Linux PC with PPPD and make some telnet.

Also if you don't use PPPD and go more lowlevel, you need at the phone some kind of emulation of the serial to WiFi that Octoate is using. But I think it's better to use such module at the booster and WiFi link to the phone with hotspot internet sharing

On the other side, MiniBooster have SPI support but it's very generic for Wiznet module. Why? because I think will be more slow than the dedicated AVR with dedicated SPI management and cache technique. You have to set address to read/write every access instead of setting the address once and do some byte reads/writes forgetting about the address increment....

But if my AVR routines work, maybe can be implemented at the MiniBooster firmware in some way...
KaosOverride · GitHub
MEGA Amstrad Public Amstrad folder