News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Text adventure with bitmap graphics.

Started by ||C|-|E||, 15:32, 15 July 15

Previous topic - Next topic

||C|-|E||

Hello!

I was thinking about creating a text adventure, because they are my favorite games in the CPC, and I thought that maybe you could help me with a few questions I have :).  The main problem is that I would like the game to have bitmap graphics, not vectorial ones. However, the parsers I know (mainly QUILL, PAWS and DAAD) do not allow the insertion of these type of graphics in the games (to my knowledge). So, I was wondering if some of you knows a suitable parser to do this or a way to use the previous ones with bitmaps.

Thank you!

TFM

Well, if I would have the time then i would do it from scratch to use the specific powers of the CPC.  :)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

MiguelSky

Hi  [[C|-|E]], long time :)

PAWs supports bitmap graphics through an Art patch included The Illustrator (the Illustrator is for The Quill), I used it to create Nheredia Nheredia but they are MODE 1.
For Arquímedes XXI we used Split screen to use MODE 0 for graphics and MODE 1 for texts but the main program is made in BASIC.

FloppySoftware

Yeah, good oportunity to write a good parser of your own!!!

8)
floppysoftware.es < NEW URL!!!
cpm-connections.blogspot.com.es

||C|-|E||

Thank you for your answers guys! I sadly, I do not have the time or the skills to create a parser from scratch, but it is great to know that I can use bitmaps with PAWS, I assumed that I would nee to use Illustrator, same as with the Quill :). Good news is that Mode 1 graphics are more than enough for what I would like to do.

Quote from: MiguelSky on 16:28, 15 July 15
Hi  [[C|-|E]], long time :)

PAWs supports bitmap graphics through an Art patch included The Illustrator (the Illustrator is for The Quill), I used it to create Nheredia Nheredia but they are MODE 1.
For Arquímedes XXI we used Split screen to use MODE 0 for graphics and MODE 1 for texts but the main program is made in BASIC.

Hello!!

Yes, long time no see! Now I am living in London but I was in Germany for 1 year and a half doing my first postdoc there and things got crazy. Now I have settled down a bit and I would like to continue doing things with the CPC :D

MiguelSky

Great !! Remember you have the manual of PAW (and more) translated to Spanish at Parsers

||C|-|E||

Yes, thank you  :) ! although I am thinking about making it in English, probably with a Spanish translation if I have time. I guess that it could reach more people that way, Amstrad CPC community is pretty small nowadays :).

FloppySoftware

Quote from: [[C|-|E]] on 11:32, 16 July 15Amstrad CPC community is pretty small nowadays :).

Oh well... Amstrad PCW community is nano small then. :(
floppysoftware.es < NEW URL!!!
cpm-connections.blogspot.com.es

Joseman

Quote from: [[C|-|E]] on 11:32, 16 July 15
Amstrad CPC community is pretty small nowadays :) .

But a devoted one!

P.S.: the  '/quote' command doesn't work  :laugh:

TFM

Quote from: Joseman on 19:25, 16 July 15
P.S.: the  '/quote' command doesn't work  :laugh:

Sure it does! Use the right OS for it!  ;) ;D :)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus