News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

The Heart of Salamanderland (development)

Started by reidrac, 23:18, 23 November 23

Previous topic - Next topic

XeNoMoRPH

your amstrad news source in spanish language : https://auamstrad.es

reidrac

Thanks for the video, but that capture isn't amazing TBH.

The game doesn't play like that thankfully :D
Released The Return of Traxtor, Golden Tail, Magica, The Dawn of Kernel, Kitsune`s Curse, Brick Rick, Hyperdrive and The Heart of Salamanderland for the CPC.

If you like my games and want to show some appreciation, you can always buy me a coffee.

XeNoMoRPH

Quote from: reidrac on 17:36, 17 May 24Thanks for the video, but that capture isn't amazing TBH.

The game doesn't play like that thankfully :D
I also have the possibility of capturing the game from a real machine, although for ease of use I use emulator.

your amstrad news source in spanish language : https://auamstrad.es

iXien

Very nice game @reidrac  8)

Sadly, here is the result on my real GX4000.

I think there is a little display problem  :'(
http://homebrew.amstradtoday.com, the only website dedicated to CPC homebrew games.

reidrac

Quote from: iXien on 20:16, 17 May 24Very nice game @reidrac  8)

Sadly, here is the result on my real GX4000.

I think there is a little display problem  :'(

Thanks for the report! That matches what the person with the 6128+ reported.

I'll take a look at the screen split to see where I may have the bug. Can I count with your for testing? I can't reproduce the issue with my hardware.

Sent you a PM with a link!
Released The Return of Traxtor, Golden Tail, Magica, The Dawn of Kernel, Kitsune`s Curse, Brick Rick, Hyperdrive and The Heart of Salamanderland for the CPC.

If you like my games and want to show some appreciation, you can always buy me a coffee.

reidrac

Yes, there's something wrong in my split and, so far, seems to show in the GX4000 and the 6128+ (I suspect the 464+ will do as well).

I'll fix it ASAP; meanwhile, emulators work. And at least my 464 as well :D

Edit: I'm told the MiSTer can reproduce the issue!

reidrac

I'm waiting for @iXien's confirmation on the GX4000 (the guy with the 6128 already said the fix worked for him), but I'm almost 100% confident the bug is fixed.

I have updated the game to 1.0.1 on the website, and is likely to be important only for people playing on the real hardware *if they had issues*.

In any case, update your copy to the 1.0.1 because it is better :picard:

Ironically, the fixed code uses over 100 bytes less than the bad code.

iXien

Quote from: reidrac on 08:45, 18 May 24I'm waiting for @iXien's confirmation on the GX4000 (the guy with the 6128 already said the fix worked for him), but I'm almost 100% confident the bug is fixed.

I have updated the game to 1.0.1 on the website, and is likely to be important only for people playing on the real hardware *if they had issues*.

In any case, update your copy to the 1.0.1 because it is better :picard:

Ironically, the fixed code uses over 100 bytes less than the bad code.
All is ok now to enjoy this so cute game on our beloved GX4000. Well done @reidrac;)
http://homebrew.amstradtoday.com, the only website dedicated to CPC homebrew games.

reidrac