News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

The Return of Traxtor (Development)

Started by reidrac, 21:34, 10 November 15

Previous topic - Next topic

TFM

Ah ok, So "Fire 1 or Fire 2 to Play". Got it. Thanks!!!  :)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

reidrac

Quote from: TFM on 18:40, 20 November 15
Ah ok, So "Fire 1 or Fire 2 to Play". Got it. Thanks!!!  :)

Actually, that's something I want to investigate. This kind of game probably plays better with a gamepad than a joystick, so supporting two fire buttons is something I may implement (eg, instead of using down or up that will be messy when moving the spaceship).
Released The Return of Traxtor, Golden Tail, Magica, The Dawn of Kernel, Kitsune`s Curse, Brick Rick and Hyperdrive for the CPC.

If you like my games and want to show some appreciation, you can always buy me a coffee.

TFM

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Gryzor

Thanks for updating us on the project man, this looks really promising even though I'm not a huge fan of the genre :)

TFM

Quote from: Gryzor on 18:52, 21 November 15
Thanks for updating us on the project man, this looks really promising even though I'm not a huge fan of the genre :)

What you think is the most exiting genre for games on CPC? Sorry for derailing, but I'm nosy by nature.  :)
TFM of FutureSoft

reidrac

Quote from: Gryzor on 18:52, 21 November 15

Thanks!

Well, I know is just "yet another match-3 puzzle game"; not ground-breaking, but I still want to make a polished release hoping that some people will enjoy playing it (as in: it is fun!).
Released The Return of Traxtor, Golden Tail, Magica, The Dawn of Kernel, Kitsune`s Curse, Brick Rick and Hyperdrive for the CPC.

If you like my games and want to show some appreciation, you can always buy me a coffee.

reidrac

I finally settled on this alternative tileset (can be configured via menu, in game's options) that looks OK on a green screen and it should make things easier to people having difficulties to see some colours.

[attach=2]

reidrac

Testing the Jukebox with a new track: "The Legend" (based on the main tune of "The Legend of Traxtor"). It is still beta, but I already like it!

It uses only 2 channels + noise because I need one channel free for the game effects (using WYZ, at the moment that's a limitation of the player).

All the options are working, and I've played the game enough to consider it bug free (hahaha!). I'll work a little bit the new tune and after that only the loading screen is missing to consider the game "complete".

So the release party is really close!  :P

Gryzor

Quote from: TFM on 01:18, 22 November 15

What you think is the most exiting genre for games on CPC? Sorry for derailing, but I'm nosy by nature.  :)

Genre? Ooh, I wouldn't know, I tend to like random titles from all genres, usually :)

But the CPC could do mode 2 text adventures like no other!

TFM

Yes, a by far underestimated mode, but for Traxtors return MODE 1 or 0 are the best choices. I really would wonder how a MODE 1 mock up would look like... @MacDeath ? However, MODE 0 looks already really great.  :)
TFM of FutureSoft

reidrac

So I finished the intro and the game is complete.

What is left for before the release? I need a loading screen, and some testing in a real CPC 464; and it will be ready!

This weekend is going to be quite busy around here, but I'll try to release the game if everything's OK!

reidrac

Did the testing, some tweaking was needed for the joystick, although the game plays best with keyboard or a gamepad. I don't have one of those to test unfortunately, but I believe both fire buttons should work (one for beam, the other for fire).

[attach=2]

[attach=3]

(sorry for the poor photos)

I didn't test it with the Amstrad monitor but with an LCD with SCART connector, but still looks beautiful :)

I plan releasing the game tomorrow night, so watch this space!

(I may start a new thread with the release, what is best practice? If that's the case, it'll be linked here)

TotO

"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

reidrac

Game released, see:

New game: The Return of Traxtor

I won't be updating this thread as the development has finished :)

trabitboy

Quote from: reidrac on 08:06, 23 November 15

Testing the Jukebox with a new track: "The Legend" (based on the main tune of "The Legend of Traxtor"). It is still beta, but I already like it!

I love this catchy tune  8) ( simple and efficient )