News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Tracker recommendations

Started by GroovyBee, 16:56, 11 June 13

Previous topic - Next topic

GroovyBee

I'm looking for a CPC music tracker that has the following :-

- Ideally a PC based editor.
- The tracker file has a documented format.
- The tracker file has minimal Z80 assembler code contained within itself.
- The tracker playback source code is available.
- The tracker playback/update routine can only be called 50/60 times per second.

It might seem like an odd list of requirements but its actually so that I can write the tracker playback code on the Intellivision  :o . The Intellivision and CPC both have the same audio chip but completely different CPUs. The Intellivision homebrew scene has grown in recent years but it is lacking a good music tracker so I thought I'd ask for recommendations/guidance here. Thanks in advance for any help/tips/links/pointers.

Carnivius

Quote from: redbox on 19:24, 11 June 13
Arkos Tracker?

Arkos webpages

documentations:software:arkos.tracker:start [Grimware]

:o Why am I only finding out about this now?  I had long been wondering if there was a CPC-tracker program that runs on PC and can export to YM and has a selection of pre-made instruments and such...  Right then.  I've no real musical talent at all but I'm gonna have a play with this tonight and see if I can recreate an old Amiga MOD I made back in 1992 (that I still have) which I based on a tune I made on my CPC in 1989 (which I no longer have).  Full circle!
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

robcfg

There's also WYZTracker by Augusto Ruiz, which by the way is also in this forum so you can ask him about the program.

tastefulmrship

@redbox; that "like" was 50% for the Arkos recommendation and 50% for your signature. (Once again I'm a few years behind everyone else!)

TFM

Quote from: tastefulmrship on 22:54, 11 June 13
... and 50% for your signature...
Saw that recently on a T-Shirt in a bar. Only 10 people did get it though.[nb]Numbers are given in binary number system[/nb]
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

GroovyBee

Thanks for the links so far. The WYZTracker doesn't seem to have the source code for its playback routine available or a description of the file format. Both of which I'd need to create an Intellivision playback routine.

AugustoRuiz

Yes, there is a link to the player in the doc page...

robcfg

Well, it was a bit hard to find out as one can easily mistake WyzTracker and WyzPlayer...

Anyway, don't fear. Here you have the players and examples. Look for WYZProPlay37aCPC.ASM, and click on "Descargar" below it.

Cheers!