News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Tweak RGB value of colours using firmware call

Started by Kitsune Mifune, 13:54, 15 October 19

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitsune Mifune

Hi folks,

Been messing around in Winape again after a few months and been making progress in regard to graphics/screens etc, and I even managed to come up with a crude but working animation routine.

I'm still using the firmware calls at the moment just to get things working though, but that's ok for now.

Just wanted to ask; I'm using the firmware call &BC32 to set the screen colours, and it works fine as it's called before the main loop, but it seems to be fixed to preset colours linked to the firmware colour numbers. I wouldn't mind tweaking the RGB values of one or two of the colours to get a slightly different shade, but I don't even know if that's possible in the firmware (or indeed, at all). I tried using hex values in place of the firmware numbers, and they did change the colours on the screen, but not to what I expected going by the charts, e.g. #800000 is supposed to be brown/dark red but appears almost black when used in place of a firmware number.

I tried looking at setting the colours without the firmware but it was all a bit over my head TBH as I'm still very much a noob who is doing "press and guess" at the moment.

Anyway, just curious about that question, and any advice would be great.

Thanks!" :)
Unlocking the dark arts of assembly!

andycadley

The CPC has 27 colours to choose from, you're stuck with picking one of those (the Plus machines can do more but the firmware knows nothing about them)

Kitsune Mifune

Ok that's cool, just as long as I know.

Thanks for the reply!
Unlocking the dark arts of assembly!