News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

WinApe Assembler and Memory Leaks

Started by redbox, 14:24, 23 October 13

Previous topic - Next topic

redbox

Does anyone else suffer from memory leaks when using the WinApe assembler...?

I'm using version 2.0 alpha 18 and it usually happens with aligned data.  It all assembles okay, then I optimise a routine so the aligned data later on moves down a boundary (say from &8200 to &8100).  Then I seem to be experiencing memory leaks (usually from a lower 8kb/16kb segment repeated upwards and around 4/5 bytes long).

Am pretty sure it's not my coding as I've checked and checked again and can't find any problems :(

Executioner

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean. Can you show me the output code (put list on perhaps) or show the code and the memory in the debugger?

redbox

Quote from: Executioner on 01:45, 24 October 13
Sorry, I don't understand what you mean. Can you show me the output code (put list on perhaps) or show the code and the memory in the debugger?

I've found the bug and surprise surprise it was in my code - sorry  8)

I was using interrupts and when the code wasn't optimised the timings were okay, once optimised there were conflicting and registers were getting screwed up (despite me thinking I'd preserved them).  The 4 bytes I saw was the colour codes from the interrupt to change the screen colours.

I was going along the lines of memory leak because 1) I'd forgotten about interrupts and 2) I've been trying sjasmplus recently and that has a problem with them.

PS - Can I have a copy of a later version than 2.0 Alpha 18 if you've got one please?  Also, is there any possibility that you'll release a command line version of the assembler so it can be used with PSPad etc?