News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

What day of the week was it on??

Started by geebus, 15:04, 16 October 19

Previous topic - Next topic

geebus

Hi all,It's been quite some time since i posted on here, but I thought i'd share my program that I made in BASIC to help me learn how to actually program in BASIC.The program will tell you what day of the week it is/was on a specific date between 1754 and 2399.
It is bloated out to the max at the moment for what it is, so i'll work on cutting it down a bit and then i'm going to try convert it into ASM and maybe spruce it up a bit graphics wise.

geebus

Just a little update.
I've spent a big part of my day working out how to cut my code down and i've since cut out 66 lines.
I'm quite happy with that so far. But there are parts that are annoying me still. I don't think i'll be able to cut it down much more with my level of BASIC knowledge at the moment. Maybe once I can write BASIC without looking up syntax etc like I can with other languages, will I be able to cut it down more.
I think i'll concentrate on making it in assembly now.
Just porting over a bit here and a bit there untill it all works and all i'm doing is one call in BASIC.
Good to have goals now eh!

Gryzor

This should be interesting; calculating the day, one of the things I always wondered about but never actually bothered to look up...