Recent Posts

Pages: Next page
My CPC is correctly connected to Internet and I can control it via the WebInterface.
The only ROM present is the M4 Board V2.0.5 in position 7 (this CPC 6128 doesn't have AMSDOS ROM chip anymore).
ROM start is 32.

Typing |UPGRADE leads to:
"Failed to retrieve upgrade information."
So LAN works and WAN fails. It is likely the DNS lookup that is failing.

We must unpack ESPFIRM.BIN and M4FIRM.BIN at the root of the SD Card, then power-cycle.

It would be great to add that in m4info.txt!
Yes, my bad. Thought it was already in the m4info.txt - will add, thanks.
Quote from: m_dr_m
Edit: I've found that here (https://www.cpcwiki.eu/forum/amstrad-cpc-hardware/m4-issue/msg157785/#msg157785)
We must unpack ESPFIRM.BIN and M4FIRM.BIN at the root of the SD Card, then power-cycle.

Excellent evening.

Uhhmm, it's on the wiki Site ...

"Updating (or downgrading) a firmware is done by unpacking the update zip file to the root directory of the microSD card (from a PC). Then insert to the M4 and powercycle the CPC/M4 board, after about 20 seconds it should be updated. "
Technical Support / CPC 464 - very quiet speaker audio
« Last post by gw0udm on Today at 00:39 »
Hi all

I've rescued what turns out be quite an an early 464 (keyswitch keyboard etc) which I've cleaned up and generally works.

However there is a problem with the audio - from the internal speaker there is a lot of noise and crackling and it's really quiet even when turned up full. However the actual sound itself is OK if you listen hard, and if I connect up external powered speakers it sounds fine.

I've had a look at the volume control and tried to spray some switch cleaner in, also remade the solder joints on the volume assembly but with no improvement.

It does load games from tape with no issue. I'm going to have a look at the speaker itself although it sounds a bit more like an amplifier / electronics type issue.

Any thoughts? I've read suggestions that this might be the AY chip at fault although if that were the case I would have thought that I'd not get proper sound at all?

Grateful for any suggestions

James

The unpack to root worked. While flashing though, the CPC went crazy (frame de-synchro, screen filled with random bytes), which wasn't very reassuring!
My CPC is correctly connected to Internet and I can control it via the WebInterface.
The only ROM present is the M4 Board V2.0.5 in position 7 (this CPC 6128 doesn't have AMSDOS ROM chip anymore).
ROM start is 32.

Typing |UPGRADE leads to:
"Failed to retrieve upgrade information."

Plan B: Downloading the ZIP. I cannot find back the instructions! Where to extract the files (root, m4 dir, other ?).
Edit: I've found that here (https://www.cpcwiki.eu/forum/amstrad-cpc-hardware/m4-issue/msg157785/#msg157785)

Excellent evening.
Games / Re: Best EVER Amstrad CPC Games
« Last post by AxelStone on Yesterday at 23:02 »
Some games that for me are still funny to play: Antiriad, Gryzor, Cybernoid 2, Robocop...

Welcome @spyros.s
There are a lot of friendly people on here  :D
Those are great tunes, e-dredon :D :D
I've added an SNA folder in to USIfAC II assets place:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/35p7s61gvem1r8b/SNA.zip?dl=0
It contains more than 350 snapshot files of games, along with Basic loaders for easy loading!  ;)
Just copy the entire SNA folder to a usb stick and choose any BAS file for direct loading of snapshot!:-)
Btw, is there an easy way to get the uncompressed form of a compressed snapshot file, like the ones in cpcwiki archive?
Pages: Next page