News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Recent posts

Issue 95 is already scanned in not too bad quality, but I can always redo it : 

https://acpc.me/ACME/FANZINES_PAPIER/[ENG]ENGLISH/WACCI[INCOMPLETE]/WACCI_095[OCR].pdf

But there are a lot of missing ones if you have other issues, I'm happy to help with the scans  :)

I've recently scanned and added issues 26, 28, 30, 42 to 47, 51 to 55 to acpc.me :)
A 464 then a 6128, but the first computer I got to program on was my uncle's Dick Smith VZ-200 (a rebranded VTech Laser 200). The 464 was quite a step up. 
A
Games / Re: Long lost Amstrad CPC prot...
Last post by Anthony Flack - Today at 08:31
I still would have quite liked this I bet (and I quite like Spectrum pixel art anyway TBH), although the colour choices are horrible for the CPC and would have been very hard to see on a green monitor. 
If you have time and energy, would it be possible to do a short video on youtube to show your work for us poor hungry for informations  ;D ?

It's so more sexy when you can see things.
Games / Re: Long lost Amstrad CPC prot...
Last post by XeNoMoRPH - Today at 08:00
Unfortunately the graphics seem to have been ported from Spectrum, perhaps in mode 0, the game would have been very cool.
Quote from: lightforce6128 on Today at 03:54From CPC 6128 I did a long jump to a 486 DX with 33 MHz, 4 MBytes of RAM, and a SVGA graphics card with a TSENG chipset that could easily be controlled also from BASIC. The storage was done with a 20 MByte hard drive. Also a SoundBlaster was available.

Especially for assembly programming on 486: Every register is an accumulator, every register is 32 bits wide, most commands are executed in a single cycle ... Z80 assembly is so much more complicated. But addressing on Z80 is simple: 16 bit registers, 64 KBytes of memory, and some additional banks to swap in. On DOS you have to work with small memory segments and six segment registers in addition to the register holding the address, also in combination with swapping in everything above 1 MByte. Only in protected mode these limits did no longer exist. But getting there was complicated ...
On DOS there was DPMI to EASILY access every memory as one linear segment in 32 bits :) (Watcom C + Tasm FTW)

And before DPMI, demomakers used "real" mode which was rude
Quote from: McArti0 on Today at 06:34
Quote from: Deevee on Yesterday at 05:54Before CPC I had a Philips Videopac G7200
Did you have the Basic and Z80 cartridge? There was something like this for 7400 and it was probably called 7410.

There was the "Computer Programmer" cartridge G7109, but no unfortunately i did not have that. I actually knew it existed years after. I sure would have love to have it at the time! I remember I was kind of frustrated that it was not possible to program the thing.
Quote from: Deevee on Yesterday at 05:54Before CPC I had a Philips Videopac G7200
Did you have the Basic and Z80 cartridge? There was something like this for 7400 and it was probably called 7410.
Your g7200 is a brilliant work of an engineer of that time because making a computer with a screen from a microcontroller is better than zx80/81
From CPC 6128 I did a long jump to a 486 DX with 33 MHz, 4 MBytes of RAM, and a SVGA graphics card with a TSENG chipset that could easily be controlled also from BASIC. The storage was done with a 20 MByte hard drive. Also a SoundBlaster was available.

Especially for assembly programming on 486: Every register is an accumulator, every register is 32 bits wide, most commands are executed in a single cycle ... Z80 assembly is so much more complicated. But addressing on Z80 is simple: 16 bit registers, 64 KBytes of memory, and some additional banks to swap in. On DOS you have to work with small memory segments and six segment registers in addition to the register holding the address, also in combination with swapping in everything above 1 MByte. Only in protected mode these limits did no longer exist. But getting there was complicated ...
The first digital thing I owned (or shared with my brother and my father) was a Atari 2600.