News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Recent posts

S
Games / Re: Tapes that don't load
Last post by seanmcmanus - Today at 20:47
Thank you, Nich. I'll give it a go.
You talking like green monitor owner. :)
N
Games / Re: Tapes that don't load
Last post by Nich - Today at 20:08
Quote from: seanmcmanus on Today at 16:20My question is: is there anything worth trying to see if these tapes can be made to work? Is it worth running a head cleaner tape or fiddling with the azimuth alignment with a tiny screwdriver, or anything else?
I would definitely recommend adjusting the azimuth alignment. I had to do this recently with an external tape deck that I connected to my CPC6128, which hadn't been used for a long time. Tapes with slow loading speeds loaded OK, but tapes with faster loaders wouldn't. Once I readjusted the azimuth alignment, the fast tapes worked fine.
Quote from: McArti0 on Today at 19:480+0=0 you cant have 3,6V on Pn3
I'll repeat the test again in the morning
I have some 1N4148 diodes

0+0=0 you cant have 3,6V on Pn3
@Xyphoe, I really LOVE this video!! Thanks so much! One of the best I ever saw!

Quote from: eto on Today at 13:10
Quote from: Deevee on 14:27, 13 April 24I've always found it hard to see Prehistorik 2 as a good game though.
Indeed... the graphics/colours (imho) try too much to be 16bit-ish. To me it becomes a blurry mess.
I agree, "blurry mess" is a good description. This is the problem with all CPC games that try to have rich graphical backgrounds. The last example is Toki. I prefer really black, very dark or at least unique backgrounds. The color palette and resolution of the CPC were not so rich that good contrast could otherwise have been achieved.
Ok. Now Insert ROM diag, and when CPC freeze You connect new Diode, catode to Pin 6 ic112, anode to Z80 WAIT line (or READY on exp port) this connect must be strong and const.
This halted Code on Read 8255 PB instruction. You can check input voltage on D0-D7 line. D0 should be 0 , D1-7 ~5V.

But have You diode?
Bienvenue sur le CPCWiki!

It's always nice to see new people here still enjoying the CPC and other retro computers  ;)

Enjoy your stay and don't hesitate to ask whatever you may need!

Cheers,
Rob