Recent posts

Did you re-solder the connections on CN3/4/5/6 on the bottom of the board? It doesn't look like you did in the picture.

Bryce.
Games / Re: Ranarama level design ques...
Last post by eto - Today at 11:01
MGT and Spindizzy
Emulators / Re: CPCEC a new emulator from ...
Last post by pelrun - Today at 10:59
I believe this is an incorrect interpretation. An emulator isn't linked against the ROM code, and doesn't require the ROM to have specific contents or functionality. The ROM is simply an input file read in by the emulator and acted upon - just because you load an image into the GIMP or a custom/commercial level into Chocolate DOOM doesn't make those files subject to the GPL either.

Embedding is not linking; executables can have embedded graphics and other files and that is considered an "aggregation" only.
Games / Re: Ranarama level design ques...
Last post by andycadley - Today at 10:15
Switchblade?
Emulators / Re: CPCEC a new emulator from ...
Last post by andycadley - Today at 10:12
Embedding the Amstrad ROM is probably not compatible with any version of the GPL and almost certainly not GPLv3. If you want to stay safely within the terms of the GPL you probably shouldn't be distributed the ROMs with it at all, since you don't have the rights to GPL them.
Other retro / Re: Axel's Chipsound Fantasies
Last post by MaV - Today at 09:32
Nur mal als Anregung für euch beide. Zur XZentriX fährt normalerweise der größte Teil der Lenöre, und auch du @villain bist ja öfters dabei gewesen. Das wäre doch der beste Anlass, sich einmal direkt zu treffen und die Lieder und Ideen auszutauschen. :)
Demos / Re: Awesome pictures for CPC
Last post by XeNoMoRPH - Today at 08:44
https://files.fm/u/64gcpzd3j#/view/jj8k946uh
Retro Virtual Machine emulator.
Games / Re: Could "Turrican" be made b...
Last post by lmimmfn - Today at 03:18
Quote from: GUNHED on Yesterday at 17:37
Quote from: Axel on 14:28, 08 August 22What tricks could you try to enlarge the game window with the same or better framerate?

- Use screen 64 byte in width (32 x 32 characters in MODE 1, but here MODE 0 would probably look more nice)
- Use CRTC characters only 4 scanlines high, or even better only 2 (instead of 8 like usually), this will make the scrolling more smooth, also gives extra time, because less V-RAM needs to be moved.
- instead of having sprites as data, use something like CoData (I use that for Filmemacher). Basically a program which draws the sprite or graphic element on screen. That's more quick compared to copy data.
- Use more RAM, this enables to unroll routines which contain loops. Also a speed up.

And finally: Do a complete rewrite instead of patching / enhancing / bettenering / etc. of an existing program. Alcon 2020 may serve as a well example for that ;-)

Excuse my ignorance but on
"Use CRTC characters only 4 scanlines high, or even better only 2 (instead of 8 like usually), this will make the scrolling more smooth, also gives extra time, because less V-RAM needs to be moved."
How does that make scrolling smooth? The CRTC has a fixed number of cycles to read the ram separately to the Z80, so how does reducing the character scanlines improve performance if its still a full screen(32x32)?
The CRTC is still working outside of the Z80 for screen refresh so I don't understand the comment.
Games / Ranarama level design question
Last post by SharkusMaximus - Today at 02:44
Does anyone know of other games like Ranarama where you initially only see the corridor you're currently in and then the map fills in as you explore?
Amstrad CPC hardware / Re: Gate array decapped!
Last post by dragon - Today at 01:48
Quote from: eto on Today at 00:29
Quote from: dragon on Today at 00:12
Quote from: GUNHED on Yesterday at 23:55Right, but I couldn't find any stock of that chip on the net.
https://www.icompplus.com/es/circuitos-integrados/12619/40010-ic-dip-40-1011944

https://www.icompplus.com/es/circuitos-integrados/32243/40007-ic-dip-40-1030173
Has someone ever ordered them there? If they really have almost 200 40007 and almost 300 40010, why does everybody think there is a shortage of these chips?

Hey eto, no but they are in my city. If it's false I can go to the polygone and give them a good rant with the gx4000 hockey stick :laugh:

Or I can order something and pick up  in person. But I don't need a gate array.