Recent Posts

Pages: Next page
Games / Field Hockey Game?
« Last post by sigh on Today at 19:12 »
Watching the olympics, I hadn't realised that field hockey is the third most played sport in the world behind football and badminton.
It is also the 4th most popular sport in the world, so I decided to try out a field hockey game but can't find anything.
There are a few badminton games but not many.

I also haven't seen any netball games either.
Anyone know if Field Hockey and Netball games exist?
Does the drive have a little tab on the back, I think there is a repair video on Youtube from Noel about the problems with these types of models.
Classifieds / Re: Latest on ebay
« Last post by tjohnson on Today at 18:44 »
Note that we have a separate thread for scammers 😉

One can only assume that the seller thinks this is the market price, after all it's the "King of Kings"  The king is dead long live the king.
« Last post by Gryzor on Today at 18:40 »
Note that we have a separate thread for scammers 😉
Sorry to hear that.

Still, it seems that the actual PCW, and your disks, are all fine.

It is, however, a hell of a coincidence for BOTH drives to fail in the same way at the same time?   I wonder if they might be repairable?

Just one note for your reference.   The CF2 and the CF2DD disks came off the same production line, back in the day.   Random batches were picked off the line, and tested for CF2DD operation.   Those that passed were labelled as CF2DD and sold as such (at a higher price).  There's nothing to stop you doing the same with any CF2 disks that you have.   If they work, then great!   If they do not, then format them back as CF2.

Geoff
You talked about GFX glitches but to be honest I didn't noted them while playing  8)
I read some notes that Beyond The Ice Palace was fixed somehow (the palette?) for the CPCPlus and that it crashes when using pokes. I have nothing noticed in WinAPE with a CPC464Plus profile. Maybe someone could tell me more?
« Last post by ComSoft6128 on Today at 16:58 »
Anyone need a new monitor for their CPC, this looks ideal.  I was thinking about getting 2, one for each of my CPCs.

SONY GDM-FW900 24" HD+ CRT MONITOR 240p/480p/576p/720p/1080p/1536p - 120/144Hz | eBay
SONY GDM-FW900 24" HD+ CRT MONITOR 240p/480p/576p/720p/1080p/1536p - 120/144Hz | eBay

Waaaaaahhh!

« Last post by tjohnson on Today at 16:41 »
Anyone need a new monitor for their CPC, this looks ideal.  I was thinking about getting 2, one for each of my CPCs.

Amstrad CPC hardware / Re: rom board
« Last post by caver99 on Today at 15:00 »

Yes, FlashGordon is currently available.

More info on its webpage: https://pulkomandy.github.io/shinra.github.io/gordon.html

Let me know if you want one!

Hi PulkoMandy, yes i am interested in one, will message you
[size=0px]You say the drive seeks track 0, but is the disk spinning?[/size]
yes the drive is spinning and the head moves when trying to access the disk[/size][size=0px]When the system bas booted, and you try to read a disk, what actually happens.   What message do you get?
it comes up with the errors, unable to locate track 0 or no disk found.If it's 8512, then the A: drive was a SS drive, and the B: a DSDD.   You may have both sorts of disks.   What is the drive formats now (with Gotek there)?  The A: drive will access A: disks ONLY, the B: drive may read A: disks.
i have cf2 single sided disks which are not formattable in b: but they are readable by the b driveDo you have tested boot disks (A: only).   If you try to boot from a boot disk, what happens?
if i try and boot from the a: drive the screen just stays the normal colour and then beeps, if i fit my gotek as a: and boot from that the pcw boots fine and i am able to load disckit and swap the gotek for read a: drive

i have since bought 2 replacement drives from ebay an A: and B: drive and they work as they should, ity is a problem with the original drives that were in the pcw 8512.[/size]
Pages: Next page