News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Recent posts

Games / B.A.T. English working?
Last post by Gryzor - Today at 10:38
The dump at CPCPower (https://www.cpc-power.com/index.php?page=detail&num=340) doesn't do anything after displaying the loading screen... :(

Anyone has another dump?
Programming / Re: 8BP
Last post by jjaranda13 - Today at 10:24
Quote from: TheElectricMonk on 13:18, 08 March 24
Quote from: TheElectricMonk on 00:40, 08 March 24I just started a trial month on DeepL and ran the Spanish manual through the English, German and French translator.
No idea about the French one, but the English version is very serviceable.
German has a few glitches, but used together with the English one in case of ambiguities, it's perfectly OK.

I've written to Javier to see if he wants to host them (and if not, if he minds me sharing them).
While the DeepL trial is still going: Any other languages that are interesting for users?
I did a Greek version since there is a Greek CPC scene, and an Italian one, although I don't think I've ever seen an Italian CPC game.
Anything else I'm missing?

of course! send me the link to download your english version of the manual and i will upload to 8BP github. For sure a lot of people will love it!
PD: i have not receive your message (which account have you used?)

N
Games / K Force
Last post by Nadori - Today at 09:53
I've been recently trying loading a .CDT file of Knight Force on a real 464 (with PlayZX) but with no avail. After the loading screen, it keeps reading until the end of the tape and nothing happens. Can anyone help? I know the audio volume from the phone can be the key...
Quote from: Rabs on Yesterday at 23:57Does INP(&FB7E) return &80? This will at least tell you if the FDC is responding.
yes, that works
Programming / Re: Basic On Mushroom
Last post by eto - Today at 08:40
Would an adaption of MMBasic make sense? It's designed for microcontrollers with limited RAM. Not sure if it's possible to adapt it for an 8bit processor though. 

Quote from: krusty_benediction on 10:13, 26 March 24[...]

@lightforce6128 does this webpage answer to your question ? Otherwhise I can argue more here

https://64nops.wordpress.com/2021/10/26/some-thoughts-for-modern-assembler-in-amstrad-world/

Yes, it clearly does! This is a very good and detailed discussion about the thing I oversimplified called "the gap" between old assemblers and modern development environments.

I think I agree to most of the points, beside one: Keeping compatibility to existing assembler code that is included or imported is okay. But writing assembler code for the modern assembler should clearly define one way to do things, e.g. which syntax should be used for hexadecimal numbers. Keeping all old syntaxes in parallel might help in using the new assembler, but continues to create assembler code where everything can be mixed. A clear decision for one syntax might be unpopular, but will help in the future to create cleaner code.
Does INP(&FB7E) return &80? This will at least tell you if the FDC is responding.
Last post by Targhan - Yesterday at 23:50
What about something like LUA on CPC?  It is simple, and can be added "modules" for more features, which could be added later.
Fantastic! Multiplying both SymbOs and CP/M appeal!
As @HAL6128, can't wait to test TurboPascal and Modula under SymbOs.
Last post by m_dr_m - Yesterday at 22:38
Exactly! With optional ENDDEF (indentation is clearer, cf haskell or python)
I like the idea of reusing DEFFN (must check if the semantic is the same: are the global a% and b$ altered?)
I don't know what DEFPROC brings to the table!

Your example makes me think: 
  • Generators (cf yield in python) would be great
  • The type shouldn't part of the variable (no sigil for Cyril)