Recent posts

My favourite fact was that they used the ¦ symbol for RSXs because it was on the keyboard and they had no other purpose for it.
Games / Re: Field Hockey or Netball ga...
Last post by Animalgril987 - Today at 20:43
Oh, I like that idea @Skunkfish  :D
Programming / Re: BASIC program that prints ...
Last post by marcm200 - Today at 20:17
As far as I remember, string comparisons do not consider length of the string. So numbers in string form like "30" might be sorted on the wrong side of "200" or "400".

14 B$="30":C$="200":D$="400"
15 IF B$>C$ THEN PRINT B$;">";C$ ELSE IF B$<C$ THEN PRINT B$;"<";C$
16 IF B$>D$ THEN PRINT B$;">";D$ ELSE IF B$<D$ THEN PRINT B$;"<";D$
19 END

results in output "30>200" and "30<400". So unless all numbers in array A$ are of equal length, the sorting might not work properly.

It might be faster not to reassign strings but rather work on a secondary array IDX% and only swap the indices, but I haven't timed what's more efficient: short string swapping of two A$() entries or nested array access like A$(IDX%(P)) and swapping two IDX%() values.

Games / Re: Converted GX4000 .cpr - Th...
Last post by BlinkyMcGoo - Today at 19:49
Bah, all I have available is CaPriCe and MESS :(
Games / Re: Field Hockey or Netball ga...
Last post by Skunkfish - Today at 18:00
Perhaps the 'boss' could only be substituted in for a single quarter of the match, adding a bit of tactics to when this is used?
Thank you Bryce, I will do that next.
You have to add more solder, not just melt them. New solder contains flux, the old stuff doesn't.

Bryce.
Last post by ZbyniuR - Today at 17:03
Much shorter and faster way to sort, than bubble way:

20 FOR n=x TO 2 STEP-1:p$="":FOR m=1 TO n:IF a$(m)>p$ THEN p$=a$(m):p=m
30 NEXT:t$=a$(n):a$(n)=a$(p):a$(p)=t$:NEXT
Hello Bryce, thank you.

I am quite certain I did, but I will re-do those as soon as I can, just to eliminate them. 

I definitely did CN6.
Should I add more solder? At the moment I just touched the solder to liquefy it and leave as soon as it emits a puff of smoke.

Best regards

Olivier
Last post by DRobert - Today at 16:05
Brilliant Andy

Looks like that will work.  Just a case of me finding the correct place in the program to insert this.

Used a mini test program inserting your line and worked well.   It was so simple really but even "simple" was too much for me!  :)

Thank you so much.