News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Recent posts

GFX + Tunes / Re: Requesting feedback on mus...
Last post by mr_lou - Today at 14:38
Quote from: Targhan on Today at 14:31
Quote from: mr_lou on Today at 14:18call a pitch -1 in the next 6 rows (meaning 6 times -1)

No, because don't forget a row lasts SPEED times. The player source is in the package since day one :).
Ooooh.......

So a single pitch of -1 for a row is actually called SPEED times?
(This applies to MOD for commands 1xx and 2xx too, but not E1x and E2x - those are only applied once per row).
Alright... lemme see if I can make that fit somehow then.
Thanks
Last post by Targhan - Today at 14:33
Line 721, division by 4, as I remembered.
Last post by Targhan - Today at 14:31
Quote from: mr_lou on Today at 14:18call a pitch -1 in the next 6 rows (meaning 6 times -1)

No, because don't forget a row lasts SPEED times. The player source is in the package since day one :).
Has anyone actually tried massively overlooking the cpc.  I am thinking the most compatible solution would be some type of cpu accelerator inside the cpu socket with its own ram and potentially its own alternative bus and the ability to programmatically switch between standard cpc mode/ram/speed and its own, but... even in thinking along this method, I think the cplink card is currently the best option. It allows you to run stuff on the pi, subroutines and use the pi hardware indirectly.  Absolutely not a lot of software yet that uses it, but I am having fun with it. 
Last post by mr_lou - Today at 14:18
Quote from: Targhan on Today at 08:42
Quote from: mr_lou on Yesterday at 17:53an you confirm, that pitching (in Arkos Tracker 1) is adjustment of period?
No, else the pitch would be too fast. From memory, I believe the pitch is divided by 4.
Doesn't add up...

If I play period 142 (A - 880 hz). and call a pitch -1 in the next 6 rows (meaning 6 times -1), then it sounds close to period 150 (G# - 830,6 hz).
So it's clear that 1 pitch does not equal one period.

From period 142 to 150 there's 8. But pitching down 8 times with -1 results in a too low tone - not a G#.

But "divided by 4" doesn't sound right either. If 6 pitches is close to true, then 1/4th of those will be too little.

I don't suppose the source code is available somewhere?
I like the games better on c64 but I like programming more than game playing and for that I'd have to choose the zx spectrum. I did many years ago make some software in c64 but it wasn't as fun programming. I'm keen to get Vision Basic as that looks incredible for  c64 basic compiler. 
When I made an ISA 8MHz card with 8255, ADC and etc., I ignored the capacitors and it worked. ;D

You can bargain down to 12MHz or even 8MHz.  :P

I think SymbOS would be happy.  ;)
My first computer was a Speccy, so it's always going to win out for me. Although the joy of the modern world is that we don't really have to choose one any more, just fire up an emulator and play whatever. Which is pretty amazing when you think about it.
Quote from: jevicac on Yesterday at 21:22Consult this manual, I hope it helps you.

https://www.habisoft.com/pcwwiki/lib/exe/fetch.php?media=manuales:servicio:manual_servicio_tecnico_pcw_9256.pdf
yes, been using that but it doesn't show voltages at the primary or secondary windings of the transformer or the expected voltages an the STK chip
C64 just for the energetic scene and great demos. And for the fantastic Ultimate 1541 + Assembly64 integration! (Which is the best thing ever happened for any retro computer since 80s)
(Don't get me wrong, I also am big fan of Speccy and using it actively)