Recent Posts

Pages: Next page

Nope! as wasn't compressed lol  ;D
:D :D :D :D :D

Good idea the cracktro music skipped version (And we can launch tetris to ear the Tetris music, isn't it?  8) [size=78%])[/size]
And it's fabulous once again! (And now we know that you're able to patch XOR compressed cracked games  :P

Nope! as wasn't compressed lol  ;D
@Captain Past

Here is.....

DRAGON SPIRIT

Press Console Pause Button to Skip XOR Cracktro, I've included a skipped version.
Joypad 1 Button 2 for Bombs ;)
Console Pause Button to Pause, Joypad 1 Button 1 to Unpause
Joypad 2 Button 1 to Quit
Joypad 2 Button 2 to Flip Screen.

O and P, changed to U and I for PLUS machines.
And it's fabulous once again! (And now we know that you're able to patch XOR compressed cracked games  :P
@Captain Past

Is it possible to convert Dragon Spirit? That game would be so much better with 2nd button support.

Here is.....

DRAGON SPIRIT

Press Console Pause Button to Skip XOR Cracktro, I've included a skipped version.
Joypad 1 Button 2 for Bombs ;)
Console Pause Button to Pause, Joypad 1 Button 1 to Unpause
Joypad 2 Button 1 to Quit
Joypad 2 Button 2 to Flip Screen.

O and P, changed to U and I for PLUS machines.
Programming / TXT Windows
« Last post by IndyUK on Today at 23:05 »
Hi Folks,
I'm experimenting with creating TXT Windows and have used the firmware call &bb66 to create two windows. I now want to swap between them and looking at the manual there is a call &bbb4 that allows this. However, the problem I have is that I need to load the "A" register with the new window's stream number but, I don't know what that is. The create call doesn't return anything to make note of so I have no clue what to use. I tried 0 (zero) thinking it might be in order of creation but that didn't work. I've attached what the screen currently looks like. The text input focus is in the Red window (the last window to be created), I need to move it to the Black one. In BASIC you can use the "#" prefix to denote where the focus needs to be and that works perfectly. Just don't know how to do it in Assembly.
I'm basically converting my BASIC Space Invader game (screenshot attached) over to assembly to see how much speed gain there is and setting up the screen to look exactly the same.
Thanks.
Hi @xubuntu.
The blocks on the tape consist of more than just your program code.
Each block is:
A leader, a 64 byte header, another leader and then 2048 bytes of data.
The leader is 2048 high BITS, one low BIT and a sync byte.

This is why your CDT is significantly larger than the actual program.

Hope this helps. :D

Alan
No problem and thank you for looking into it!
Did you try to convert the game Aspar? i forgot completely about it because i asked for it together with the ButragueƱo soccer game that you also adapted.

@Davor Vitief

No problem, hopefully dragon will get it sorted for you. :)

If I remember, I did look at Aspar, but stopped, think I couldn't see how to do the level codes or something if I remember correctly.
@Davor Vitief  @iXien

I've looked at Hudson Hawk, but I can't do this game, the reason being is due to compression.  :doh:

Maybe at @Urusergi or @dragon could do this one if they have the time and feel like it.
No problem and thank you for looking into it!
Did you try to convert the game Aspar? i forgot completely about it because i asked for it together with the ButragueƱo soccer game that you also adapted.
Amstrad CPC hardware / Re: Keyboard Injection extension
« Last post by issalig on Today at 20:18 »
Thanks a lot for the info, I will explore the keyboard/joystick way.
For the video, hmm, I will keep on using  my composite video board ( https://github.com/issalig/rgbs ) and a usb capturer, not a good quality but nice and handful to see it as a window on the PC.
Yeap anyway convert xor games is relative easy.
Xor always use the same compression subrutine,these subrutine not write in ram so is cartridge friendly. (because cartridge was rom and only can be read).

The "trick" was copy the decompresssion subrutine to the cartridge. And change the compression subrutine in disk so instead of decompress things they call to the cartridge where the copy subrutine was.
Then even time xor decompress something it call the decompresion subrutine in the cartridge.

So you have access the code even time is decompressed in ram and you only need patch it at fly with a litte extra code in the decompression subrutine little and easy code.

thats the theory.

Pages: Next page