Recent Posts

Pages: Next page
that is a LOT cheaper than a v9990
Sure, and fully compatible with many existing systems like SG-1000, Coleco, MSX, MSX2, ...
I have done a V9958 video board prototype for the CPC around 5 years ago, and it cost me 15€ to done it.
As others have said, easy to do, but the I/O port addressing is the challenge. RC2014 modules only (usually) use address line A7 to A0, whereas CPC stuff seems to partially decodes lines A15-A8 as device enable and A7-A0 as register select.

My suggestion would be fully decode A15-A8 on the expansion board and then gate (probably just) /IORQ to the RC2014 slots so the boards will only receive the /IORQ signal when the correct high-byte is used.

In which case, does anyone have any suggestions as to what port address to use?
News & Events / Re: 8bitbay.com - retro computers classfieds
« Last post by Bryce on Today at 11:42 »
Nice idea. There is also Amibay which can be good if you are looking for retro stuff (they are not just for Amiga).

Bryce.
Nice vid :)
News & Events / Re: 8bitbay.com - retro computers classfieds
« Last post by Gryzor on Today at 10:42 »
Hope something like this takes off some day...

It could do with seller ratings btw :)
Well, let's see, 2>1 and 155m>104m so by the market's standards you're good to go.
Actually I was just reading yesterday how PS1 prices have started skyrocketing... Yeah, only 104 million units sold but hey, let's scalp.

I have a box of PS2's here. Any Idea when I will be able to consider those my retirement fund? They must be up next surely?

Bryce.
I see similar things with just the X-Mem on a Plus and I think it's actually power related - I see it more easily if I use a separate power adapter rather than the monitor which leads me to think it's a voltage drop caused by the extra power draw of the X-Mem and C4CPC combined. I have an MX4 on the way which I'll configure with external power to see if it affects things.

Good to hear that I’m not the only one. I might disconnect the internal drive and just use my externally powered HxC to see if it still happens.
Nice @kolleykibber
Which Client are you using ?
I've already included it, in the sofware documentation for USIFAC II.
Check here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/owrt05zisa0fjca/connect_to_bbs.zip?dl=0
kolleykibber made a really nice work with required software and documenting the hole procedure for anyone to use it!  ;)
The original XBOX / PlayStation.. can still be acquired for "nothing" nowadays. Just wait 5-10 years from now and you will see the prices starting to raise once again.

Actually I was just reading yesterday how PS1 prices have started skyrocketing... Yeah, only 104 million units sold but hey, let's scalp.
Pages: Next page