Recent Posts

Pages: Previous page Next page
Boulder Dash 4 Construction Kit remastered

Now it's possible to create new levels with joystick only!  ;D

Hopefully it's self explaining... The P icon in the palette is patched to enter fullscreen mode (instead of hiding the palette).

You can hide the palette with P or fire3.

My start menu checks if the disk is writable, so that you know you can save your level. You can enter a filename with the joystick (characters 1234).

(The disk check disk check is not reliable in all emulators.)

.dsk and .cpr included.
That puts a nice end to your Boulder Dash series!  ;)  Of course the level editor is useless on GX-4000 but the auto-check that reminds it on your start menu is a very smart feature. And It will be nice to play on GX-4000 the levels included, particularly with infinite lives  :P 
If I understand well, you can launch the game from cartridge on CPC+ and it will save you personal levels on a disk inserted in floppy drive?
Boulder Dash 4 Construction Kit remastered

Now it's possible to create new levels with joystick only!  ;D

Hopefully it's self explaining... The P icon in the palette is patched to enter fullscreen mode (instead of hiding the palette).

You can hide the palette with P or fire3.

My start menu checks if the disk is writable, so that you know you can save your level. You can enter a filename with the joystick (characters 1234).

(The disk check disk check is not reliable in all emulators.)

.dsk and .cpr included.

General Discussion - Introductions / Re: New member, hello!
« Last post by Gryzor on Yesterday at 16:29 »
Welcome, and have fun! Looking forward to see what you create :)
General Discussion - Introductions / New member, hello!
« Last post by evolutional on Yesterday at 16:27 »
Hey - I just want to say hello - I'm a new member but long time lurker of these forums and the resources the members of the community have created about the Amstrad CPC.

I've been learning how the CPC works with the intention to create games for the system (and to emulate it); the resources and info you folks have contributed to have been essential - so thank you!

I've got a broken CPC464 that I've been fixing up and have been on the hunt for a 6128; maybe one day!

Looking forward to being part of this community!
Hi Everyone,

I know that we have the ability to change CRTC registers part way down the screen to eg: created split screen modes.

Can other CRTC registers also be changed so you effectively have 2 totally independent screens within a single CRTC?

For example, very tall but quarter sized width screens on the left and right?  If that is possible, can it be practical to be two sprites without a background on a non-plus machine with the smoothness of hardware sprites moving the 2 screens around independently?  eg: could you make Way of the Exploding Fist type game using two giant perfectly smooth moving screens?

Perhaps a horizon can be done via rasters to have the largest smooth sprite fighting game ever on CPC?
Applications / Re: UniDOS, the new multi-device AMSDOS replacement
« Last post by OffseT on Yesterday at 15:18 »
So, what is the difference with makecart tool http://www.cpcwiki.eu/forum/applications/makecart/ from @arnoldemu ?
Asking for a friend.
I didn't know about this tool before you told me about.

I guess it is quite similar, probably the same kind of firmware patch too.
Maybe the main difference is that UniDOS Cartridge Creator handles more ROMs; it also takes care about Burnin' Rubber when original Plus AMSDOS is chosen... and obviously it has a GUI.
Programming / Re: Orgams: Best assembler in my living room.
« Last post by krusty on Yesterday at 14:38 »
I vote for the dot and will implement like this for my own assembler.
There is no reason to differentiate modules from global labels. And to use : everywhere would be unusual.Nested modules should be possible.To name a module with the imported file name is maybe not a good idea: you illustrate the issue with the extension, and what happens with compatible cross-assembler that can use complex paths ? I would rather use the filename without extension/path or provide it explicitly

import “math.i” as math_i
import “math.o” as math_o

In case of ambiguity, module name could be prefixed by :: to ensure lookup starts at module level and not inside module level

::Player is module Player
Player
is label player if any otherwise module Player
Programming / Re: Orgams: Best assembler in my living room.
« Last post by m_dr_m on Yesterday at 14:19 »
Poll: Separator for module (aka namespace)
Context:
Since FroggyFlags Alpha2, Orgams allows local labels (which can be reused in different scope / macro invocations):
Code: [Select]
gen_mesh
   ld b,width
.loopx
    [...]
    djnz loopx
[...]

display_mesh
   ld b,width
.loopx
    [...]
    djnz loopx
[...]
For now, you cannot access those labels outside of their scopes. Once possible, the syntax would be:
   ld b,width2
   jr gen_mesh.loopx

Now, I will also introduce module/namespace:
[/size]In that case you can write:
module Player

init
 [...]

update
.loop
  [...]
  djnz .loop
  ret

display
  [...]

endmodule
[/size]The poll question amounts to how to access `init` outside `Player` scope?
  • [/size]Also with dot notation.
call Player.init
jr Player.update.loop
  • [/size]Used dy other assemblers (e.g. sjasmplus)
  • [/size]Nice symmetry with global+local labels (it’s a pro from some, a con for others).
  • [/size]With :: separator
call Player::init
jr Player::update.loop
  • [/size]Similar to namespace qualification in some languages (rust)
  • [/size]Would allow having both a module and a global label with the same name (I’m not convinced it’s a good thing).
  • [/size]Would allow having two imports with same name but different extension (idem):
import “math.i”
import “math.o”

ld hl,math.i::PI
    call math.o::cos
[/size]FWIW, rams uses `_`, but since it’s also a valid label character, I find it too ambiguous.

« Last post by m_dr_m on Yesterday at 13:51 »
Most ROMs will work, with the notable exception of Orgams which is doing some direct hardware access (it should be easy to adapt it anyway).
Yep. Hardware access is needed because the debugger works firmware-free (to be able to debug code in e.g. &b000 while remaining fast).
The cross-rom call routines are a bit of a mess: there are several of them with slightly different API adapted to each client's need at the time.
I started to try to factorise that, but it just added yet another way of doing it!

So, a complete clean-up could take this special firmware vs hardware dichotomy into account.
NB: orgams roms are detected at first invocation, and then stored persistently.
So I guess we would just have to store 2 sets of ids instead: firmware and hardware.

If anyone is interested with helping with that, I can give all the necessary pointers!
« Last post by m_dr_m on Yesterday at 13:42 »
So, what is the difference with makecart tool http://www.cpcwiki.eu/forum/applications/makecart/ from @arnoldemu ?
Asking for a friend.

Pages: Previous page Next page