News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Recent posts

Emulators / Re: ACE for Linux,Mac, Windows...
Last post by roudoudou - Today at 17:28
Minor update, will take some times for new surprises incoming

- True Drive LED management
- FDC Shadow polling management
- FDC Long HUT bug emulation
- FDC HUT cutoff for Seek/Calibrate/Illegal
- Reset emulator when draging new ROM to Dandanator
- Ludicrous timings adjustments in FDC polling according to electronic measures
- Ludicrous timings adjustments according to drive models for Ready loss with motor ON
- bugfix right-click on HUD buttons (wont trigger anymore vertically above)
- bugfix drive conflicts between A and B
- bugfix breakpoints on FDC Scan

http://www.roudoudou.com/ACE-DL/
Games / Re: Vespertino
Last post by robcfg - Today at 17:14
Hell, yeah! 8)
Programming / Re: Rasm Z80 assembler
Last post by roudoudou - Today at 16:51
minimal update

https://github.com/EdouardBERGE/rasm/releases/tag/v2.2.3

HFE not protected as default
and RAM configuration default for snapshots
Quote from: cwpab on Today at 16:11I don't think the MSX sales were very good in Europe or USA, right?
Wikipedia reports 9m MSX sold worldwide, 7m in Japan alone. Leaving 2m for US, EU and rest of the world..
Of those 2 it has to be the C64 all the way. It's just more of a computer games machine. Although I never had either back in the day I was a CPC guy so why would I?

I had the best machine that I used for all my college and university assignments.... And oh let me play pang. 

I do not believe that either the C64 or speccy have a real 80 column display so are pretty useless for serious use. The C64. Excels at sprite driven games. The speccy excels at..... Erm..... propping a door open? 😉

So yeah of the 2 options it's a C64 for me. Unless you allow the Sam coupe and C128 in as further developments on the C64 and speccy platforms, in which case Sam Coupe wins it by miles.
I find it a bit odd that here in Spain, none of my friends as a kid had a C64... but one had an MSX.

I don't think the MSX sales were very good in Europe or USA, right?
Amstrad CPC hardware / Re: CPC four times faster...
Last post by GUNHED - Today at 15:33
Quote from: eto on Today at 15:27
Quote from: GUNHED on Today at 02:15also to be able to put 50% more data on an disc.
but that then also requires AMSDOS to use more sectors per track, right? What settings do you use then, that it can write a full track?
No, other DOS or OS can be used. (Of course using the native software will not change a thing to the better.)  :) :) :) 
If you want to stay with the native OS then I would suggest to use ParaDOS and change format parameters in that. 
Also CP/M allows to adapt disc formats in an easy way. 
Quote from: cwpab on Today at 11:22The 64 is winning here because people are more technical, but I suspect the ZX Spectrum would win among regular CPC users.

Because seriously, guys, don't you feel an emotional attachment to the Speccy games because of the simliarity with CPC mode 1 games? But running at their original faster speed! (and with color clash).

I mean, I know it's not possible that everyone has its CPC broken due do disk drive belt at 12 and then "recovers" it thanks to a Speccy emulator when he's 17 because somehow the CPC emulator arrived many months later to me, but... Don't you feel anything when you run the original Saboteur 1 and 2 and Matchday 2?
I never liked Spectrum games. The only game I liked to play on Spectrum was "Pang", and it was because I couldn't do it on my CPC. I cannot even play them on emulators. Sure, I could enjoy some of them, but I just don't like Spectrum games at all.

Then look at Last Ninja trilogy for example, or many other c64 games. It is not a matter of nostalgia, because I never played on a C64 as a kid, they are just good games on a good enough system.

My alternative system of choice would have been MSX2 anyway, as playing with my uncle's MSX2 was the reason I wanted a computer, but my parents (luckily) were addressed by the shop-assistant to get a CPC6128 instead (that was in 1989).
Last post by GUNHED - Today at 15:30
Quote from: McArti0 on Today at 15:10
Quote from: McArti0 on Yesterday at 18:40what RAM do you have 150ns?, mux LS153? what CRTC, what 8255.
Take a photo of the mainboard that RUN.

and check the temperature of all chips, especially 765
Say something about the components or take a photo. And confirm that gotek does not work.
As told, just the crystal got exchanged (in my case I added a 2nd one at 24 MHz and a switch to be able to switch crystals - Switching shall happen ONLY when the CPC is OFF!).
Anything else remains the same. No heat, no problems - it's a CPC not a stupid PC thanks god!  :) :) :)
Well, yes, I put a Z80B instead of the Z80A. RAM works fine anyway.

The critical component it the GA. Seems that other 6 MHz CPCs had problems with some GAs.
Last post by eto - Today at 15:27
Quote from: GUNHED on Today at 02:15also to be able to put 50% more data on an disc.
but that then also requires AMSDOS to use more sectors per track, right? What settings do you use then, that it can write a full track?